WINNER WONDERLAND

Ranked #20 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
buffalo
“Pleasantly surprised”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2013

After reading a number of reviews I decided to give it a try. Room was clean, service was great, the room was quiet, and the beds comfortable. There was an odd smell in the room. Not terrible just odd. My clothes smelled like the room when I got home. I would definitely stay there again. Watch for addition charges. They charged me $1.50/day for a safe. I didn't even know I had a safe in the room. He said he'd talk to the manager and see about crediting it back to me. I'm not holding my breath. In a great location for the boardwalk and beach activity.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank djlamlBuffalo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Flanders, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the last year. While this is an older hotel the rooms are updated and the staff is great. I left my sweater in the room when I checked out, white sweater on white bedspread. I called the hotel, the maid had found it, turned it in and they sent it back to me. Such a pleasure!

Room Tip: This hotel is only one block from the boardwalk. The rooms were very quiet and comfortable. Great...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Casey07836
Philly, PA
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Arrived early on a Sunday and was able to park. Yes the charge but so do all of the casinos. Front desk welcomed us to grab coffee and breakfast. Check in was right @ 3 as promised. All staff (especially the front desk) were friendly and accommodating. Room was very clean which for AC is a minor miracle. Just about to book another stay. What a diamond in the rough. If you don't need a pool and don't mind a walk to the action this is a fabulous AC hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the 3rd floor seem larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank LESLIEKURZ
Wilmington, Delaware, USA
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

We stayed there for one night (2 rooms) and it wasn't that bad until we checked out and an hour later received a notification from my bank stating they added an additional $75 charge. I called them to inquire as to what these charges were for and they accused us of stealing an alarm clock from both rooms (seriously, alarm clocks!, I haven't used one of those since I got my first smart phone!) There were no clocks in our rooms upon check in and we informedthem of that and they basically called me a liar and were VERY rude and condescending. They refused to reverse the charges or even investigate the matter and told me to take it up with my bank... bad for them good for me because Wells Fargo investigates all issues over $50 very in-depth I sent a complaint to the parent company and am also submitting one to the Better Business Bureau. Don't be ripped of by these thieves, stay somewhere else.

Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank kimmiep420

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Owings, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Myself and two other ladies statyed here one night July 20, 2013. It was a pleasure!!! The staff was very pleasant and helpful with all my questions. The room was very clean and water was excellent. It was very quite and peaceful at night. We said we would stay here again when visiting. Love it!!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Waynetta M
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013 via mobile

Checked in on July 18 and we had two rooms two nights each. When I made the reservation initially we had planned on having 4 people. When we arrived at the hotel we had extra 2 people traveling with us and I was told that each extra person adds 20$ a night extra charge(total 80). I was totally surprised and not expecting that. When i told the manager that the extra two people live in Atlantic city and they will be with us in and out of the rooms but not spending the night hereI was told by the manager quote:" I not gonna have the whole Atlantic city staying in my rooms". After the respond I wanted to cancel the reservation . I had booked prepaid reservation without cancelation option so no one from choice hotels or the management was willing to help me and let me cancel. We hadn't even checke in and I already was having issues. We left unable to check in at 2 pm. When we came back to check in at 3 I asked again if I can cancel the reservation and get a refund but no one was willing to help me. That time the manager on duty had completely different attitude and even though he tried to be nice the initial bad impression was already there.
Even though it says that the hotel was built in 2011 furniture are so worn out- broken mirror, burns on the cover of he ironing board, holes in the sheets.
On top of it all they we were unable to get wifi I the rooms and had to go tithe lobby to use the wifi. I reported the problem , they supposedly tried to help but what's the use of it if after all you still can't get any wifi in you room , you couldn't even find their network inside the room. The manager came to the room and he was unable to get connected.
On their check in counters they have a tripadvisor letter congratulating them on the possitive reviews. Really ? Who gives them possitive reviews?
At the end I paid the extra person charges and we had our friends staying with us since we were paying anyway. I wouldn't have been so pissed I they let me cancel the reservation but their unwillingness to help and their poor customer service was a turn off
Do not stay there!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2013
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank dreamscometrue12
Bloomington, Indiana, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 20, 2013

A great buy and location. Walking distance is 3 min to the boardwalk and ocean. About 5-7 min walk to tropicana casino. A nice basic clean affordable place at Atlantic city. We'd stay there again in a heartbeat. Cindy from Indiana.

Room Tip: Wifi a little weak, but very clean, bed great, and shower spotless. A great little buy for the $$
Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple