“BED BUGS!!!”

Quality Inn Flamingo
Ranked #18 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 3, 2011

My husband and I checked into this hotel on 9/17/11. That night, I saw two huge bed bugs on the corner next to my pillow. I informed my husband and he checked and saw one immediately on his side of the bed as well. Upon further inspection, we saw more bed bugs all over the mattress and blanket. We informed the person at the front desk and he came over to the room and saw them too. He was going to spray the bed with a bottle of bug spray, but I knew that wouldn’t eliminate the problem. There was no way I was going to sleep on the bed after that. Unfortunately, there were no other rooms the hotel could put us into that night.

We ended up checking out right after that. In trying to get a refund the following days, the supervisor at the Quality Inn was denying there was a bed bug problem even though one of his employees came to our room and saw the bed bugs with his very own eyes. Avoid this place at all cost!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
6  Thank Char667
There are newer reviews for Quality Inn Flamingo

Reviewed September 25, 2011

we hadn't booked a room in advance and had previously stayed at the chelsea and had hoped to stay again but it was a bit pricey so before committing we decided to see what was available and dropped in to the Quality Inn and I'm so glad we did, the price was amazing, the room was super clean, there was security and we felt safe walking up to the boardwalk and back and within our room. The breakfast was fantastic, served in the breakfast room which was really spacious. It was $79 for room and breakfast and free parking so absolutely a bargain but we didn't compromise on anything, we would definitively stay there again, why pay casino prices when you can stay here and still be within easy walking distance of everything?

2  Thank t-c67
Reviewed August 18, 2011

I don't even know where to begin...our whole weekend was a disaster thanks to this hotel! Our reservation was for Thursday – Sunday. I let them know a week before that we would be a late check in (around 2 or 3 am) & the gentleman said that would be fine, he’d make a note on my account. We checked in around 3 am. When we got up to the desk, the kid sitting there reading a book had to go to the back to get someone else to check us in, once that gentleman checked us in, he had to go to the back to get someone else to run the credit card...how many people does it take to check someone into a hotel room? (& they couldn’t even do that right) I signed the paper & was never provided w/ a receipt. The next morning a cleaning woman barged into our room even though we told her we didn’t need anything & to come back later. Around 11:45 we received a call on the room’s phone asking if we would be staying another night because it’s almost check out time (even though check out is at 11:00). My boyfriend & I walked down to the front desk & explained to the gentleman that we had a reservation until Sunday. After some confusion, I provided them with my reservation confirmation number. After a little more confusion & discussion I was told that because I didn’t physically state “I have a reservation” & instead chose to say “I’m checking in, here’s my information” they totally forwent our reservation altogether, considered us a no show & checked us in as a walk-in. The manager was rude and blamed me for the entire situation, as if I were lying about having a reservation even though I was holding the confirmation right in my hand. We were completely irate! All I wanted was an answer as to why this occurred & he couldn’t even answer me. I explained that I had called to make a note on the account of our late arrival, told him I thought that booking it months in advance w/ my credit card that it should’ve held my reservation & even asked why did my reservation not come up when they typed my name in the system? He couldn’t provide me with any sort of answers, all he kept saying was “You never said I have a reservation.” Excuse me but I was never asked either (also the first hotel I've stayed at that never asked). Because I didn’t just drive 4 hrs from PA to sleep there for a few & drive back home, I decided I’d take him up on his $89.00 for another night offer & stay b/c we didn’t have the money to stay elsewhere. Upon leaving the office extremely irritated, he asked if we needed housekeeping to come to the room. I told him don’t worry about turndown or anything like that, just if we could get some new towels, that would be great. We left for the day around 1:00pm & didn’t return until around 6 or 6:30pm & upon entering the room, nothing had been done. Granted I said don’t worry about turndown but all the used towels were still on the floor & no new ones had been brought up. I’m glad we didn’t need toilet paper or anything! My boyfriend called down to the front desk & requested new towels. 10..15...20 minutes go by & still no one has come up. It took my boyfriend physically walking down to the front desk to get them & that was like pulling teeth, no one acknowledged him or wanted to help him out. Even when I checked out that next morning, I was never provided with a receipt...wonder where all that money is actually going. BY FAR THE WORST STAY I’VE EVER HAD!! DO YOURSELF A FAVOR & GO ELSEWHERE, UNLESS YOU ENJOY GETTING HARRASED & TREATED LIKE GARBAGE!

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else!!
3  Thank MrsMiller14
Reviewed August 17, 2011

This place was awesome for a inn. I mean we were expecting a moldy room and bed your scared to sleep on b/c of bed bugs but it was the total opposite. I mean from the manager who checked us in to the cleaning lady at breakfast everything was spotless food was clean and great and i am a picky eater it was overall great I stayed a friday for 109 bucks awesome price awesome place flat screen fluffy pillows stay there quick before rates go up.

Room Tip: shop around
2  Thank diane l
Reviewed July 6, 2011

The night before I was going to arrive I called the hotel to let them know Id be a late arrival, around 2am, they said no problem we hold the rooms till you come in, tho they didnt ask for my name. So I arrivied a little bit after 2am and when I arrived there were 4 people in the front desk area. 2 behind and 2 in front of the desk. My boyfriend and I walked in and the front desk agent asked if we had a reservation, I said yes, they asked for my last name, I gave it to them and the agent looked at the other couple, that already had their money out and it looked like they gave all their informaton, and said opps, we dont have anymore rooms left. To my boyfriend and I it seemed like they were going to sell my room, that I had guaranteed with a credit card months before, to someone else.
Not professional

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Maria D
Reviewed May 31, 2011

Quality Inn is back in Atlantic City with the brand new Quality Inn Flamingo!!!!, which reopened Memorial Day week after a six month, 2.8 million dollar renovation. Located directly behind the Tropicana Hotel and Casino, and The Chelsea Spa, Quality Inn Flamingo offers comfortable, pleasant, and well furnished rooms which are brand new. Free continental breakfast, fitness center and free parking for guests. There are two floors of rooms in a 'C' shape. There are six 'third floor suites' which are not suites at all, but larger more comfortable rooms (stairs only). Conveniences include Babajan Grocery Store (across the street), Teplinsky's Restaurant (across the street at The Chelsea), the Boardwalk and beach (one block away), and Country Kitchen Restaurant (one block away on the Boardwalk behind Days Inn), and the Latin Quarter of the Tropicana (one block away on Pacific Avenue).

Overall a solid four star experience. Pleasant experiences included a well training and pleasant office staff, a 12 o'clock late check out (granted on request), and seeing an active cleaning staff and chambermaids moving about and actively involved in maintaining the property. Advice: Make reservations in advance. As it is a new motel it is selling out quickly. Slight price break via AAA or Student Advantage membership (if rooms are available). Safe, well-maintained property. Note also: The El Greco Hotel across the street has been sold and is now a Rodeway Inn, area improving.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
4  Thank Brizel
Reviewed October 4, 2010

When I arrived at the dingy looking Flamingo, I went into the front office to check in. A lazy eyed man told me that I didn't get there soon enough and that he gave my room away. There was never any mention of having to get there by a certain time. But, he did have a room available at over twice the price! Desperate for a room in a sold out city, I took the room. When I arrived in the room I was hit with an overwhelming stench. The sheets were not changed and someone had diarrheaed on one side of the bed. Believe it or not, I had to argue a little bit for my money back. Went and stay a few blocks off the boardwalk for a third of the price, had a nice host, and a clean room. Later that night I saw several cop cars at the motel when walking by for what that's worth. Stay away from this disgusting place and their disgusting owners!

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple