“Cheap Eats, Old Time Atmosphere” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Irish Pub and Inn

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Atlantic City
Irish Pub and Inn
Brookhaven, PA
“Cheap Eats, Old Time Atmosphere”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2014

The Irish Pub was around the corner from our hotel, and we were hungry on a Saturday afternoon. We entered through the gift shop, and the place was decorated incredibly for Christmas. Looks like it takes a week and a half to set it up. The room is not lit brightly, the tables and walls are dark wood. We were seated quickly, and looked at the placemat menus. Only one or two items over $10. My wife got a scallop basket, I got a corned beef special. Hers was as expected, breaded scallops and steak fries. Both average, seemed frozen. My sandwich was decent. A good deal of quality meat, nice slaw and dressing, and the steak fries. They were quite hot, one redeeming quality. Overall OK, good for a quick inexpensive bite and a beer if you want. Not fine dining by any measure.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank FoodMakesMeHappy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Mebane, NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2013

This was my second trip to the Irish Pub. The first time was about 3 years ago, and sat outside during the summer.....great atmosphere. This time it was too cold to sit outside, and we were seated in the front section. The menu options are very limited.....4-5 entrees and 4 sandwich choices (and two of the sandwich choices are Corned Beef sandwiches). I was with a group of 6, and we ordered the wings and meatballs as appetizers and they were very good, as well as the corned beef sandwich that I ordered (it is served cold on purpose).

The biggest issue I had was that we were seated in the front section, and the music was from 1930s, which after a while gets "old". We asked to be seated on the other side, since they have different music near the bar, and the waitress said, "no, we can't do that". Really??? There was plenty of room there. Besides that, she was slow, and it took a while for her to take our order. When six guys come into a bar and start ordering drinks and apps, I would think a waitress should be a bit more prompt. I'd go back, but I am not listening to that music again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank NorthCarolina621
Pottstown, Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2013

There were 4 of us looking forward to going down the shore and lunch at the Irish Pub. What a HUGE disappointment! The burgers were like fast food ones, the waitress never offered to refill drinks and I had to track her down to tell her we were ready for coffee. Should have skipped that as it turned out to be burnt - evidently sitting on the maker since morning! She offered to make another pot but it was too late. One of us ordered apple pie - they had no ice cream to go with it - never heard of such a thing!) and it was lousy. My friend said tastycake pies taste better! Also the ladies room could have used a cleaning, actually a complete make over would be better. There was not much room between the toilet and the door. Good thing we were not fat. We had fond memories of the Irish Pub but now will never go there again.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Mariann d

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Frederick, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2013

The Irish Pub is a great location for a quick bite if you are in the Atlantic City boardwalk area. Just a few steps from all the lights and crowds, this is a relaxing spot to take a break. They serve good pub grub. Definitely not a location for a romantic evening or a fancy meal, but for a quick bite, it is a good option. Fish and chips were fantastic, as were the St. James Potatoes.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
      Cleanliness
1 Thank Suzanne Y
Albany, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2013

Irish Pub and Inn is not a fancy place. Let's get that right out front. Nor is it particularly the best maintained, nor the cleanest. I wouldn't recommend this place for a romantic escape or a business trip. But for some friends looking for a good time, looking for a place for a base of operations, this place perfectly fits the bill. Good cheap food. Cheap beer. A place to sleep, a bathroom and a shower. That's about all this is. A lot more like a hostel than a hotel or na inn. I did see a cockroach, the staff could be friendlier, the neighborhood a little better, but honestly for the money and location it can't be beat. You'd have to stay miles off the strip to find yourself a better deal. The bar is open 24 hours, the bar tenders were always friendly, and you're just a few hundred feet to the board walk. The patio out back is real nice, great spot to relax and drink some cheap beers and eat some food. It's also open to 3:00 AM, which is always great (unless your room is right over it). Pic A Lilli Pub is right across the street, and is certainly worth a visit.

Room Tip: I'd try to get a room on the third or fourth floor, as they seemed to be in better shape, we'...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
      Sleep Quality
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
2 Thank Kerberos824
Holtsville, NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2013

Atmosphere is always entertaining. Always a good place for a cheap good burger and fires and a beer. Can't beat the prices. You can never go wring walking into an Irish Pub for good food and drink. Bartenders were friendly and nice. Had a good time eating and laughing at all that was going on. It is a must in AC

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank disney07us
Okalyn
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 24, 2013

I was plannng a trip ro Atlantic City on a tuesday. I called the Inn that night and asked about a room., I wanted to make a reservation and a lady who answered the phone said, "just come in we have plenty or rooms". I called again on wednesday morning for a room just that night, A guy said "we have penty of rooms, come in after 2". i got there at 2:05 and they guys saw me and right awaysaid that threre were no more rooms available. I felt preujudice there. Asked for a manager and no one ever came. I will never stay there, Ever. They made my trip frustating. They need better more honest managers there. I will spread the word so people know not to trust them .

Room Tip: Never stay at The Irish Pub Inn in Atlantic city.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple