“Spend your money some other place, do not stay at this hotel”

Skyline Inn Atlantic City
Ranked #33 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed June 6, 2011

We stayed on the memorial day weekend in May 2011. A break fast was included when we booked the hotel but it was never provided. There were cigarette butt holes on the sheets. The toilet bowl was not clean. There was rust on the ceiling fan which looked really old. The service staff was rude and unfriendly. They genuinely do not care for tourists and just want to make money. Most places where I stay charge my Credit card when I complete my stay. But the people here charge you when you check in. The TV's here are the old CRT tv's . I had booked through Choicehotels.com and they said HBO was included but there is no HBO movie channels provided. I would advise to stay away from this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank supershaque

Reviewed March 21, 2011

My wife and I arrived mid-week for a 4 night business stay. Only 3 cars in the lot, not busy. A sign on the office directs me to room 8 where the owner [?] lives. I follow him to the office where he spends an actual 20 minutes trying to run first my driver's license and then my credit card thru the card machine.
He's constantly on the cell phone yelling at someone. Whether it's related to the credit card or not i don't know and there is no explanation for the ''confusion''.
My wife finally taps on the door wondering what's taking so long. I have no answer for her.
I tell the man we are there for 4 nights and he can try the card tomorrow. Finally he writes the numbers down and we have one room key.
The room is actually ok. Old carpet and the occasional bug in the bathroom, but we were ok with that for the price. The beds were firm and the water pressure was good. the heater was quiet, but the temperature fluctuated thru the night.
There were 4 threadbare towels. One had been used to clean up a spill and was returned to the towel bar under a clean one. I didn't tell my wife about that incident.
Ok, it's late. Tomorrow will be better. We left at 7 AM and returned late that evening. The room was as we left it. No service. No clean towels. Nothing. My wife obtained clean towels from room 8.
Day two and three were the same. Having full workday schedules and not wanting to try to bridge the cultural barrier, we just adapted to the oddity of it all.
One final treat was the toilet backing up. No spill, but I went for a plunger just in case. I followed the owner to the office. No plunger. He took an extra 5 minutes to arrange a group of keys and remotes--easier than walking back from room 8 a second time, I guess. We then went to the boiler room where he finally located the plunger beside the hot water tank.
He motioned me forward and pointed to it, not wanting to pick it up himself. I guess it was dirty.
So, if you want a cheap ok room with crude staff and absolutely no service this is the place. Cash recommended.

• Stayed: March 2011, traveled on business
3  Thank billholland035
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I spent $70 on Saturday night, where I would have spent 200 more if I was at Tropicana, which also has that run down, dirty motel feeling, just not as much.

The horror stories posted on here are all true. hotels, mold, missing pool.

But I made no big big stink about things, helped the man find the reservation which i placed on hotels.com over the phone, he liked my car and that was that. My key worked, and there was water, electricity and a bed. I even saw some stand up comedy on TV.

My only gripe was tehre was no ice in the ice cooler.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank RichiefromBrooklyn
Reviewed August 6, 2010

It is the worse place to stay, the booking says pool, was there a pool NO! Internet NO! Cable TV NO!. Bed spreads & blankets had HOLES in them. Curtains had holes in them. No service, no lobby, no dinning hall. Our room was not ready till 4:00pm when the check in time is 3:00Pm. Breakfast, coffee tasted old, only one muffin in the tray, breakfast was served in the office. Out look is horrible and so is condition of the rooms. I would say try some where else. Good we had our own towels who would like to wipe the face off there towels. I booked a family room that said three queen beds, what we got was 2 double beds with a pull out sofa. Broken desk filthy chairs. The manager would not let you talk and insisted everything was exactly like mentioned on the web site. DO NOT BOOK YOUR STAY HERE EVEN IF IT IS FREE!!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank reporter60
Reviewed July 6, 2010

When i first stayed there, they had a pool, so we went again about 3 days ago, and when we got there, there was no pool, they covered it up with cement. We stayed there for 2 nights, we got there and there was NO pool, they didnt make our beds, we found bugs, the shower handle was broken, we had dirty towels, and to top it off the service was terriable !! We stayed right next tot the managers room, and at 1:00 in the morning people were banging on the doors asking to stay. It was by far the worst place I ever stayed !!!! i would have rather sleep under the bordwalk. Then on the second night our key didnt work, i got so fusterated, if i didnt pay with my criedt card i would have cheecked outt !!!!!! Honestly, the other owners were better, and i have been staying there for about 3 years and they complety lost my business !

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank lexxii95
Reviewed October 15, 2009

I did not stay at this hotel. I did not get beyond check-in.
I had made a reservation online and upon arrival found the office door locked with a sign telling me to "knock on room 8" for service. The man who emerged from that filthy room did not speak english. He led me to the office and attempted to check me in, but since he didn't understand the meaning of the word "reservation", and since his computer was clearly not working, this proved fruitless. He then phoned his son, who does speak english, but wasn't anywhere near the hotel at the time. Best I can figure, the son manages another Rodeway Inn and leaves his non-english-speaking father to run things.
The son did not seem to understand why there was a problem, nor was he willing to cancel my reservation (I gave him my full name) unless I told him the exact rate I had booked, a piece of information I did not at that moment have available.

I left and cancelled the reservation online.

I don't know what the rooms are like (except #8... gross). I only know that management is incompetent. Of this, I have not doubt.

Also, the photos posted here (from expedia) are of some other hotel. This one barely has an office, much less a lobby with couch and chairs.

Stayed: October 2009, traveled solo
3  Thank Wayside55
Reviewed August 15, 2009

My friends and I were going down to Atlantic City for the weekend and wanted a cheap place to stay. We figured most of the time we'd be having fun and going to the board walk and casions so we figured we just needed a place to sleep. Found this place it was the cheapest and after reading the other reviews we were scared but excited. Once we got there all the reviews were WRONG!!! Our plumbing worked and AC the owners were very nice and polite it was clean! We had a ton of fun there (since Atlantic City is more of a Night life town) there were four of us in one room so it felt small but it was great!

If you're looking for some place cheap where you can just rest your head of the night this place was the best!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled with friends