“Puts the Bates Motel to Shame”
Review of Sunset Inn

Sunset Inn
Ranked #43 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed August 7, 2004

This was worse than the rooming houses I stayed at as a kid in AC and I shared a bathroom there.... at least they were not $149.00 a night (and they were clean).
The room smelled. I had to pay up front and they had paper bath mats. It was by far the worst hotel/motel experience I have ever had... and the brochure says refrig in each room... mine sure did not have one (not that I'd put anything in it, if there was one). Anyone who reviewed the place and say it was OK must have the lowest standards imaginable, had a much much better room than I did and from what I saw I find that highly doubtable, OR BE AN OWNER/EMPLOYEE OF THE HOTEL.
BEWARE. I should have known. In all my hotel staying experiance, I've never been asked to pay up-front before and there was sign in the lobby that say ... no refunds and exchanges... I KNEW WHY QUICKLY !!!!!!!!!!!!

10  Thank bettenan

Bronx, NY
Reviewed August 5, 2004

While the Sunset Inn is affordable, it is not a hotel that I would stay for a week in. It was far from all the places I wanted to go to. The Pool left little to be desired, and there was nothing in the vicinity of the hotel to go to when you did not want to visit the boardwalk or a casino.

The rooms were too dark , the view was of your parked car, and there was a lack of extras in the room: no extra towels, no extra toiletries-nothing.
I only recommend the Sunset Inn for a overnight visit .

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 5, 2004

I thought I'd give this hotel a try being that it had mixed reviews. But once I arrived it wasn't what I thought it would be. It seemed like it was in the middle of no where b/c there's NOTHING in the area. The Borgata is nearby but it's not a place you can walk to being that there's no sidewalks.

All the lights in the room didn't work, there was no complentary breakfast treat as the ad states. The pool isn't something you'd want to go in b/c the water was multi-colored/dirty. Some of the towels provided had stains on them and the carpeting was a bit on the sticky side.

I have to admit the staff was very nice. I ended up checking out after the first night which they were very understanding about and refunded my stay for what I thought was going to be for 5 nights. It's an affordable place to stay & OK if you're just passing through for the night.

10  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
AH, NJ
Reviewed June 27, 2004

The motel is a 2 min. cab to the Borgata. Good place to stay if you are not going to the boardwalk or the boardwalk casinos. Great rates to save some $ for fun and gambling. We bring our own sheets, and piilow cases, and blanket to make it comfortable. Overall the rooms are semi-clean, and is an OK place to stay.

7  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed March 26, 2004

Well after reviewing the reviews on here I wasn't sure if this was the place for me. And the fact that I could not find a picture of it really bothered me. BUut the place was much better than I had suspected. The furniture was fine, the bathroom was cute, the cable was great, lots of channels. But I don't know if it was just my room but the bed was slightly broken. I wasn't a real bed it was like two twin mattresses with a queen on top of it and it had a big dip in the middle. I did not like that AT ALL! The staff was courteous. And they tried with thier lil Sunny D and pastries in the morning. But if you are going to spend your day out its not a bad place to come back to. It is a ways to the center of AC, but not to the point where you would be tired when you finally got there.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
england
Reviewed January 28, 2004

very enjoyable stay hosts was only to willing to help on any requests very comfortable for price we paid will be returning in near future

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 11, 2002

We have stay various times at the Sunset Inn at the Marina. This is a very nice place to stay at an affordable price. Recommended to anyone that is on a budget. The people are very nice and accomodating. We spended time at the nice pool and the casinos at night. It is at walking distance to boardwalk (good exercise). If you go to Atlantic City this is the place for you. You can save money to Gamble. LOL

8  Thank A TripAdvisor Member