“Boardwalk”

Days Inn Atlantic City Beachblock
Ranked #26 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Hotel close to boardwalk Atlantic City.
Parking at hotel is ok
breakfast was average
The rooms were ok, location of hotel is ok

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Days Inn
Kevin K, Manager at Days Inn Atlantic City Beachblock, responded to this reviewResponded February 7, 2013

Dear Guest

We do appreciate the review you have posted and the taking the time out of your busy schedule to write it for us.

We will hope to see you again in near future on your next stay.

Once again thank you for writing the review on our hotel.

Days Inn Atlantic city

Reviewed September 25, 2012

**PICS TO COME**

I stayed here two nights, 9/21/2012 and 9/22/2012. I was there for the SweatAC Expo.

First off let me say that there are two different Days Inn along the Boardwalk. So be sure to be careful when booking. This is my third overnight trip to A.C. The first time we did not stay in A.C., but closer to home. The second time we stayed in Cesar’s using my father-in-law’s high roller status. This trip, due to a family situation my FIL would not get us a room. The room rates at the casinos were sky high due to the Expo. So we decided to stay here. Chose this place for the price, and the fact it was within a two minute walking distance to Caesars, where the Expo was. Yes, I read the reviews and thought I’d take a chance. The Expo was a three day event that I was planning on spending my time at, and some of the events were in Showboat. I would be out most of the day, and then at night out at the casinos with my husband. All I needed was a clean room to rest my head and thought surely this place will suffice.

In regards to this Days Inn…it was disgusting. Dirty, greasy, dingy, and smelly. When was the last time this place was cleaned??? Seriously….shampoo the carpets! And this was my thoughts even BEFORE we reached the room.

Room was on the second floor. We stepped off the elevator into a poorly lit hallway. Again, it stank. It felt like the air was greasy and I was afraid to touch anything.

The room was badly in need of repairs. Things wrong with the room:
-Writing on the wall
-Lock didn’t work…husband had to throw himself against the door to get the lock to engage.
-Toilet was old and shown visible signs of age. I’ve seen better toilets in a truck stop.
-Shower curtain had mold on it
-Hair on the shower wall
-Fridge was nailed to a large piece of plywood which stuck out…I tripped over it a few times.
-TV was old and barely worked. You could tell it was going because the color would constantly jump. All the channels were filled with static.
-TV remote had no battery cover, just scotch tape. Nice!
-Fridge and a lamp were on perpendicular walls. However, the plug for the lamp was stretched all the way across to the fridge. The wire went straight out and was knee height. Very dangerous (will post a pic of this!)
-No outlets. There was only one outlet and it was in the bathroom.
-Wires hanging everywhere
-Air conditioner went off after 5 minutes. Then wouldn’t come back on for 20 minutes.
-Poorly lit. Two lamps in the whole room and no overhead light. We kept the curtains open during the day and it helped some.

We checked in late Friday night. Saturday morning I went down at 8a.m. for the free breakfast. The breakfast display consisted of 5 muffins in two different flavors, 4 slices of bread, 4 bananas that looked like they have seen better days, and a cereal dispenser…corn flakes? There was a juice machine with apple or orange juice but the cups were 3 oz bathroom cups. I used instead the 4 oz coffee cup. I had a blueberry muffin…it was stale and hard! So I had a piece of toast…again the bread was stale and had a weird taste. So I grabbed a banana and my 3oz shot of juice and left for the Expo.

I returned back to the hotel at 3:30 after a day filled of working out. I was there to simply shower and then was heading out for dinner and a night at the casinos. Upon my return, the card would not work. Had to go back down to the lobby and the girl reprogramed the cards after giving us an attitude. I mentioned that the air was not working properly and she told me it was fine, it was climate controlled. I explain that the thermostats was lowered all the way to 65, that it was A LOT warmer than that in the room and it was not working. She just kept repeating it was climate controlled. Frustrated I gave up and just opened the window…it was cooler to do that!

So now we go back to retry getting in…to find that our room was not made up yet. We were gone from 8:45 am to 3:30 pm and the room was not made up? I got some of my things together for my shower then was about to call the front desk when room service came. I told her I was about to jump into the shower but wanted her to come back; she needed to comeback in an hour. Took my shower, dressed, and went out. Spoke to the front desk and told them my room was not made up. They said there was no more housecleaning for the day. I Asked about the garbage removal, fresh towels, etc and was told if I wanted fresh towels, come down and get them myself. WHAT?!?!?!

I swear if it was not for the location fitting my needs for the weekend, I would have left the moment I stepped foot in the lobby. It’s dirty, greasy, and smelly. The rooms are terrible. The management is nonexistent. Don’t waste your money!!!!!

Room Tip: None! Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank bandit09
Kevin K, General Manager at Days Inn Atlantic City Beachblock, responded to this reviewResponded January 27, 2013

In an effort to compensate you for your experience, we would like to provide you with a 10% discount during your next stay. When calling to make the reservation, please ask for me and I will personally assist you.

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 609-344-7001.

Reviewed August 16, 2012

My bf and I stayed here in July. The rooms are what you would expect for the cheapest hotel we could find near the boardwalk. If you are on a budget, it's a place to sleep basically. We stayed here 3 nights and every single day after the normal check out time our key cards would stop working. Every single day I needed to go down to the front desk and have them reset our room keys. It wasn't an overall awful experience, but you get what you pay for, and all the hotels right near/on the boardwalk are ridiculously overpriced. I was fine with our experience, wouldn't stay there again, but it was adequate on a college student's budget, until we got back home. My credit card number had been stolen and was being used from somewhere in New Jersey. The Days Inn was the ONLY place besides a TD Bank ATM that I used my card the entire trip. BEWARE!! For a hotel chain name that I used to think was reputable, I do not anymore at all, and will not be staying at any Days Inn anytime soon.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MM3386
Kevin K, Manager at Days Inn Atlantic City Beachblock, responded to this reviewResponded August 21, 2012

Thank you for your comments regarding our property! I would like discuss your stay with us personally. Please contact me at 609-344-7001 so we can talk about your stay with us.

Thank You!

Kevin Kapasiawala

Reviewed July 23, 2012

This place was an absolute s***-hole!! I had accidentally made the reservation for this Days Inn as opposed the Days Inn on Morris. The Days Inn on Kentucky Ave. is surrounded by vacant lots and what seem to be abandoned buildings. It is in a very questionable area. The parking may be free, but I'd rather pay for a secured parking garage than leave my new car in that ghetto. The staff was friendly. We were greeted and quickly checked-in. The elevator is small and feels somewhat unsafe. Once it arrived to our appointed floor, my fiancé and I were surprised to enter a dimly lit, dirty hall way that reeked of cigarette smoke. We were afraid to see the room. Trust me, it was as bad as we feared. The carpets were DISGUSTING. I quickly advised my fiancé to keep all articles of clothing, bags, etc. off of the floor and away from the bed, as I felt that this room would be crawling with bugs at night. There was a small refrigerator in the room that was placed on top of a piece of moldy ply-wood. The bathroom was horrible. The toilet seat was old and there was black mold on the ceiling. There are no irons in the room, although there is an ironing board and a slot on the wall for one. You'd have to request an iron from reception. I didn't know irons were in such high-demand... yet again, who knows how much drugs a crack-head could get for a $10 iron. The only upsides to this sleazy, sorry excuse for a hotel was that the water pressure was really nice in the shower and there was a 32" flat screen in the room. Other than that, this place really grossed us out. My fiancé had a convention the following morning and had to be up and out of the room by 7:30 am. He told me to sleep in and meet him at the convention center. I was up and out as early as he was due to the fact that I did not want to spend a single moment more in that place. It has been three days since our stay and I still feel nauseous just thinking about. I will never stay here or at ANY Days Inn hotel again. Next time, we will save our money and stay somewhere that is more reputable, safe and clean.

Room Tip: There are NO good rooms at this place. My tip is to look for another hotel and completely avoid this...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank Brompton7

If I can provide any assistance, don't hesitate to contact me directly at 609-344-8956.

Reviewed July 8, 2012

Wrote a review earlier but forgot to include the room numbers which I feel have the best ocean view and being on the top floor you're able to even see more of the ocean.
Rooms #550, #552 and #553. These are the best rooms in my opinion.

Room Tip: Didn't look for pool or fitness room so I'm not sure if they have both.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Bellarun
Reviewed June 26, 2012

We were in AC for the Orion Music festival and needed a room for 6. This was the only hotel that could accommodate us without having to book a second room. I was a little worried by the other reviews, but we had no problems with the hotel. Yes, we did have to pay in full at check in, but it was an event weekend and we expected it. The hotel is literally steps from the boardwalk in between the Taj Mahal and Ceasars, and right near the entrance to the beach. The beach was very clean and uncrowded, and it was nice that it was free!

The room was nice enough and the air conditioner did a great job during the heat wave.

We did not have any issues with the staff of the hotel. When we needed extra towels, they gave us plenty. They made sure there was fresh coffee in the morning, although we did not take advantage of the muffins & cereal. They were very accommodating with cleaning the room around our schedule, not theirs.

They have free parking and we were able to park our car right outside the door of the lobby so we left our beach towels, chairs etc in the car and grabbed them before heading to the beach. We were able to walk everywhere we wanted to go, so we didn’t even move the car for the 5 days we were staying there.

There is a Jitney stop right at the end of the block, so we were able to get to and from the festival, cheaply and easily.

We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed May 31, 2012

don't ever get a suite because is not a suite is small room they charging a lot of money for not worth it at all.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with friends