“A great place in Atlantic city”

and 1 more site!
La Renaissance Suites
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 22, 2009

What you need to know:
Pros-
*The hotel is perfectly located with Bally's to your right nad the beach directly in fromt of you. You can "stumble" back from the beach bar ;) Almost everything thing is with in walking distance.
*There is plenty of space. We had the two bed room which could have easily slept 6+
*Balconies on most rooms- ours over looked the ocean.
*Full kitchen- fridge, electric stove top, microwave, and pots/ pans.
* Free enclosed parking (usually one car per room.)
*Dukin Doughnuts just downstairs!!! (they don't have Splenda tho...)
* There is also this great pizza/ liquor store/ breakfast place downstairs as well. They have EVERYTHING and the are open 24 HOURS!!!!!

Cons-
*The pool is a larger version of a tub... and its VERY hot up there. But it over looks the ocean - that's pretty cool.
*The bathroom looked like it was from the 70's but the rest of room looked fairly modern. It was little weird to me. Even though it was clean, I felt that if it looked like it was that old that it couldn't be clean-- might just be me.
*I wasn't a huge fan of the room keys. They were like a flash drive looking thing on the end of an old school motel key-- when we went out at night- I kept checking to make sure I still had it. It was a little too bulky and hard to hold.

As along as you realise that this is not a 5 star casino - resort- you will enjoy it. We loved it- check out the pics!

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled with friends
1  Thank Bubbatrips
There are newer reviews for La Renaissance Suites

Reviewed January 29, 2009

We booked a room at this hotel at the last minute...and it was well worth it! It doesnt look nice from the outside but I was quite surprised on the inside. The rooms were so nice, big and well equipped. They had a locked parking garage and great security. It was right on the boardwalk which was great. The pool was really nice, it was on the roof top over looking the ocean! I would stay here anytime!

Its great for families because of the size of the rooms and the amenities that are included.

• Stayed: May 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank proudfather19
Reviewed November 10, 2008

This was a decent hotel for the price and location (on the Boardwalk), Yes it did smell of cigarette smoke in the room but I took my Fabreeze and sprayed away. I was only there for one night so it was fine for me.

It was clean, well stacked with utensils and pots and pans if you wanted to cook. Large fridge and microwave...all clean.

I was on the sixth floor facing Kentucky Ave. No noise to speak of.

Would I stay here for a long weekend? Sure. A week? Probably not.

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with friends
4  Thank icman
Reviewed September 14, 2008

After reading several reviews I was kind of scared to book here, but my experience turned out quite good. The hotel is not appealing from the outside, but the rooms are big, clean and spacious. I felt like I was in an apartment and not in a hotel suite. I had a baloney with a view of the ocean, which was beautiful. We also had free parking even though the parking garage is kind of tight. Overall I had a good experience at that hotel and I will stay there again. The staff was also friendly.

2  Thank chelleum
Reviewed March 31, 2008

We spent 2 nights here and it was a great deal. The first night was $65, the second (a Friday) was $119. The location on the Boardwalk was great too, very central. The room was huge, and very clean. You could tell it was an older hotel but the way they fixed it up (tiles esp) made it really nice. Comphy bed, comphy couches (the pull out too). The building on a hole was well kept and clean. We used the game room one night and played pool, it was fun and no charge. There was free coffee downstairs that was really yummy. The staff was friendly and helpful as well. I def recommend this hotel, esp. if you are looking for a cheaper alternative to the casinos. You can easily walk up or down the strip and in under 10 min be in a casino! We walked to Caesar's for breakfast the first morning and it was a peaceful quick walk. All in all a great stay!

• Stayed: March 2008, traveled with friends
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank KatGarcia
Reviewed March 16, 2008

We just returned from a three day stay. We were attending a conference at the convention center and found this a perfect location. The walk to and from each day was .88 of a mile according to mapquest. It was a beautiful walk along the board walk. The hotel is set just back off from the baord walk..... just a dunkin donuts between them.

We arrived early on the first day.. the room wasn't ready but they allowed us to park the cars for the day. We were lucky enough to get the parking on the ground floor but after seeing it, the car elebator doesn't seem that bad.

We had two suites on the 8th floor.... a one bedroom and a two bedroom for 7 of us. 5 adults in the two bedroom was a little too cosy but definitely doable. 2 adults in the one bedroom was great. The kitchen is fully stocked and perfect for cooking meals. Coffee pot and coffee provided. Kitchen has microwave, plates, silverware, dishwasher, full fridge... basically everything you need.

The pool is smaller than it looks in the pictures. The hottub was a little too warm and sandy.... We could get internet access in both rooms from other locations.

The staff were friendly and helpful. The rooms were clean and met our needs. We found these suites suitable for our stay and would definitely recommend if you are aren't looking for a high end stay. These rooms essentially cost us for 3 days as a one night stay else where.

Stayed: March 2008
2  Thank HappilyHome
Reviewed February 6, 2008

This trip was a short guy trip just to gamble away our money. Check in was quick and easy. The room was well apointed and very clean. The furniture was a bit worn but servicable and comfortable. We were traveling in a full size truck and were not able to park in the hotel garage, but we knew this in advance and were prepared to pay the parking fee in the lot across the street. The hotel is located right on the board walk and is easy walking distance to Bally's, Wild Wild West, and Ceasar,s. There are several small eateries close by on the board walk. Once situated in the room we had no reason to drive anywhere because of the good location. This may not be the best spot for a family, unless you are there for the beach, but we had a great time as adults.

• Stayed: February 2008, traveled with friends