“Never again!!!”

and 1 more site!
La Renaissance Suites
Ranked #19 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed February 27, 2014

I exchanged one week (Feb 14-21, 2014) at La Renaissance and checked out just hours after I checked in because of my extremely uncomfortable experience detailed below.
When I arrived, I expected to have access to the parking garage cited on the website. I pulled up to a fenced area underneath the building, with no sign/direction of how to enter. I called the front desk and was told to just pull up to the fence and honk the horn. I did so, and was granted access, though there was no one around to confirm that I was even a guest of the hotel which immediately made me feel quite unsafe. Upon entering the garage, cars were parked in no particular order, some taking up multiple spaces, but luckily I was able to squeeze into the last spot. The garage was dark and there were no clear signs for entering the hotel – which made me feel increasingly suspicious of the area and establishment in general.
Once up the elevator, I entered the "lobby" which consisted of a small front desk and sitting area. The man at the desk checked me and my guests in and required that I registered my guests by name. As I was doing so, we noticed a group of 5 teens/young adults hanging out on the nearby couch. They seemed a bit rowdy for the time of night (around midnight), but we paid them no mind and proceeded to head to the room.
When we arrived on the 8th floor, we stepped out of the elevator to head down the hall towards our room. There were rose petals all over the hallway floor, but being Valentine's Day weekend, assumed a guest had done this and we continued walking. A few minutes later, a group of about 10 teenagers came around the corner – all of whom were visibly high and smelled strongly of marijuana. We had to walk through their group to continue on to our room and as we did so, they began making inappropriate comments about my female guests and mumbling about the bags we were carrying. When we got past them, we noticed that they had all come out of the room adjacent to ours, whose door was still open, though the lights were off and music was blasting.
To our dismay, our room was directly adjacent to theirs and upon entering the room we realized quickly that there were even more of them still in the room, and the music could be heard through our walls. The room itself smelled of smoke and felt dirty – we were hesitant to even place our bags down or get comfortable. At the same time, because of the group we just encountered, we did not feel comfortable even leaving our room – to the extent that we felt it necessary to prop chairs against the door because the lock on the room was insufficient. Despite making calls to the front desk to complain, the music and partying continued through the night. We were told by the man at the front desk that he would handle the situation, but we unfortunately were awake until at least 5 am, and nothing changed. I suspect that the front desk clerk scheduled at that time was in connivance with the group partying and overcrowding the unit on the 8th floor. Otherwise, why would he allow such traffic of people in the lobby and the 8th floor.
We checked out early the next morning, even though we had the room booked for the entire week. It was not worth feeling unsafe and scared, especially after we asked that it be taken care of. When we went down to the desk to check out, the woman attending the desk was chatting on her cell phone. When she saw me standing there, she seemed annoyed and asked the person on the phone to hold. She turned to me and I let her know that we were checking out and put the keys on the desk. She took the keys and responded, "OK, all set" without ever asking what room we were in, how we felt about our stay, or anything. We walked out and she picked up her cell phone and resumed conversation.
I do NOT at ALL recommend this establishment to ANYONE. It is unkempt, unsafe, and not appropriately monitored as it relates to guests and visitors. Further, customer requests are ignored and the staff cannot be bothered.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
25  Thank chitai
There are newer reviews for La Renaissance Suites

Reviewed January 31, 2014

front desk clerk was very rude, she was looking for excuses not assist us paying customers... place around it was creepy like a seen from a horror movie parking garage is gated or something hard to see. We got there from a long trip thinking our reservation was good, sure enough they didn't honor it... I would mark them as not relaible

Room Tip: stay away.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
6  Thank podonok
Reviewed January 27, 2014

A group of friends wanted to go to AC for one night at a relatively low cost, and La Renaissance was perfect for it! The suite made it so we could all stay together instead of splitting up into separate rooms which made for a great time! While the room is a bit dated, it gave us exactly what we needed- a place to hang out for a few hours before going out and a place to sleep for a few hours when we returned late. The ocean view was awesome, even for January. Parking was difficult in the garage, but we managed without issue. Definitely recommended for group stays and for people looking to have a great time at a low cost!

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ryan H
Reviewed December 9, 2013

We were looking for an inexpensive place to stay for two nights. The casinos, overpriced and charging extra for parking and the pool, were not an option. I checked Hotels.com and found this jem of a place. If you read the reviews, some say that the furniture is old, the blankets may have burn holes. Well, that's true. However, if you want a one bedroom condo that comes with two TV's a fully equipped kitchen, free indoor parking, an indoor rooftop pool and hot tub with a million dollar view of the ocean and boardwalk, all for a very reasonable price, then this is the place for you! A Dunkin Donuts thirty feet from the front door, 24 hr. security and friendly staff who will bend over backwards to make you happy. I don't know about the summer prices, however for a short getaway off season, this is the place!

Room Tip: Ask for the rooms that end in 02. They are a bit larger and all have a balcony that face the ocean.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
6  Thank hairydiver
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Location is good. That's def the plus here. The room we stayed in though reeked of smoke. We tried our best to air it out daily but it's steeped in the rugs and furniture. It's dated. Think 80's but has all the basics. We stayed in 2 br 1 bath with kitchen. They have all stuff for kitchen so if u want to cook and est in u can. TVs r from same period but they got the basics so if u want a place to crash at the boardwalk it's an option. I warn u that if u have a sensitive nose think @ another space.

Room Tip: If u r sensitive to smoke reconsider.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 23, 2013

stay 1 nite on Oct. 13, 2013, this was the cheapest hotel stay for the Columbus holiday wkend after trying 2 get a comp nite on Sunday at one of the casinos hotel. The room had a musty room like a cat odor. I used spray from my bag it only helped a little bit. B/c I got there around 8pm.... for 1 nite I just complainted about the odor the next morning checking out. It was out-dated & I traveling solo did not feel SAFE!!! I WILL NEVER EVER STAY THERE AGAIN :(

Plus, I don't know what happened to my black cane, I believed to have left it at the front desk upon checking in. I had 2 buy another cane. The hotel tried calling housekeeping. Even as of 2day, no news about the cane.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank Nettie p
Reviewed October 2, 2013

First time to Atlantic City. Stayed here with a timeshare exchange. The location is ideal, right on the ocean and boardwalk where everything is (eateries, casinos, shops). The unit itself was outdated. The beds were comfortable and liked having a fridge and microwave, The staff were unknowledgeable, and housecleaning only comes in once a week.

Room Tip: Stayed on eight floor, ocean-view. Great view from our balcony.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends