Flagship Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bally's Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
$45
  • Beachfront
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$129
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$49
$48
  • Beachfront
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$44
  • Restaurant
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$75
BestWestern.com
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$67
Courtyard
$66
Radisson
  • Pool
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
$159
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe shuttle driverfree shuttlethe atlantic oceanfitness roomindoor poolnice sizeinletbalconiesstovejitneytubsborgatagambling
FilterAll languages
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 19, 2005

Just recently stayed at the flagship all suite hotel. I booked a room here because it was the "cheapest and closest" at short notice on a weekend. I booked a saturday-monday stay. what u read about how close it is to the casinos is not true. its a LOOONNNG walk. even though they have shuttles, they only leave the hotel every hour and they stop at midnight. so if u want to go to the casinos after 12m, then u need a cab. we checked in about 10pm on sat. when we returned from the casinos by our car @ 3am, the room was hot even though the air was on max. we called the front desk who sent up a maintenance man who removed the cover to the air, to find FROZEN pipes. he had to turn the heat on full blast for a 1/2 hr to melt the ice, then the air started working. when we woke, the room was hot, i checked the pipes myself and found MORE ICE. my boyfriend was disgusted and went to the front desk to tell them in person. (ALSO, the elevators are EXTREMELY slow and parking after 5pm can be a hassle) they said it would be awhile for the maintenance, so he demanded another room, which they fiddled on the computer then gave us a room the next floor up. we turned the air on full blast and it turned into an ice cube. i was very happy. when we checked out, they were quick to get rid of you. i was suprised they didnt even offer to give us some kind of partial refund for the inconvience of having to change rooms. next time i would stay at a casino hotel if im gonna spend the kind of money.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed July 17, 2005

I booked a stay at the Flagship for the 4th of July weekend before I read all of the reviews. I was referred by someone else and looked on many website to see pictures, etc on the hotel. After reading all of the negative reviews I was skeptical. It wasn't as though I could cancel my reservation so I was stuck. I couldn't believed a booked a "dump" or "horrible place" as some people stated. Since it was my first time going to Atlantic City I was worried the whole ride. I was praying the place would not be as negative as the reviews made it out to be. To my suprise it was not. I was greeted by friendly hosts and the check-in went smoothly. The even gave us a room on the 26th floor that had a great view. Everything was clean and it was very comfortable. I didn't need Incredible Hulk strength to open the door for the balcony and did not have a problem parking(I rode with a SUV also) and the elevators did not take long to come either. Maybe I was just lucky or maybe some people are just too picky. If you wanted luxury cough up the extra cash to get it. Don't go to a hotel expecting it to be your house- or stay home. Don't let the negative results fool you. I had a wonderful time and barely stayed in the room anyway. But when I did it was full of comfort and space. I had free access to the dishes, cups, etc and was pleased with what I paid for. Go there for yourself and you be the judge. Don't let all these negative hotel go-ers ruin your chance at staying at an inexpensive hotel.

10  Thank frequent_traveler05
A TripAdvisor Member
absecon,nj
Reviewed July 16, 2005

nice place .... don't be scammed into buying the timeshare...not worth it....crappy neighborhood...elevators super ghetto slow....parking garage ---- entrance and exit (SAME) only 1 vehicle allowed....requested extra pillows from housekeeper for 3 days....never saw them@#!%%^(*&*)*......some of the hotel personnel have nasty attitudes.....they talk to guest arrogantly......shuttle bus driver super nice.....rooms were clean....balcony gate loose from cement(CANNOT LEAN AGAINST)very scary.......around corner from hotel on the boardwalk......Green Ghetto Housing Project...... not a good place to walk by at night .....Thugs hang out on boardwalk.....do yourself a favor...pay the extra money and stay at one of the casinos near the boardwalk.....you and your family will be safer...paid $79/night.... got what I paid for......

6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed June 22, 2005

This "resort" is a timeshare that is also available for nightly use like a hotel. The place was most likely built in the early 80's and is definately showing it's age. A major renovation is needed.

We stayed overnight in a one bedroom suite, 23rd floor with a view toward the city and the marina area. The best part of the stay was the price . . . $89 and the nightime view of all the casino lights from the balcony, bedroom and livingroom.

Here's what you'll find at the Flagship:

-- Small generic lobby with a checkin desk, strange waterfountain and a concierge (sp?) desk marked by the typical Atlantic City 1980's brass signage!

-- (4) very slow elevators with rubber matted floors that are not very clean.

-- Finding your suite is a bit of a challenge with the low ceiling and dark/dingy halls. There is a warren of short corridors and confusing signage on doors to these short corridors - some open or closed. The hall's carpeting is also an interesting condition and color. Not sure if one would want to walk on it with bare feet.

-- The suite was spacious yet very minimally decorated. One leather or pleather couch, two rickety floor lamps and two small tables in the livingroom, basic kitchenette with a breakfast bar and (4) chairs, bedroom with TV cabinet and queen bed. Window shears had rips in them, walls had no pictures or art on them, door lock to balcony was half off, wall outlet in the livingroom pulled out of the wall when unplugging the iron! Yikes!

-- All suites are smoking (due to timeshare arrangements). All windows slide fully open so you are able to air it out quickly. Note, the windows and sliding door to the balcony have no screens or other protection, so curtains and shears will get sucked out (actually blowing in the wind) and birds are free to fly in! Also, could be a safety issue if one has small children in the suite.

-- The bedding was gross. Polyester (?) bedspread, thin sheets and a thin blanket that had numerous rips in it.

-- The bathroom was OK, yet no fan to get rid of shower steam.

-- The AirConditioning was weak and old. We just opened the windows.

Overall . . . you get what you pay for - a very cheap place to stay.

Would not stay there again for more than one night and would only do so if there were no other options available. Hope this helps.

• Stayed: June 2005
14  Thank TravelingPro
Reviewed May 29, 2005

Beware of those that loved this Resort, especially someone who owns a timeshare or someone spending one night there with his girl and writes a review that reads like it came from a brochure for the place and can recommend it for kids after spending a single Saturday night there. This is NO 5 star Hotel.

I also booked a room at the Flagship for a Saturday night but I can't tell you everything about it and I have no clue if it’s great for kids even though I have 3 boys of my own. I would need to be there for more than one day and my kids would have to be with me but I can show you pictures of it's surroundings and give it to you straight.

Check in and out is simple and fast but I wouldn't want to be in such a small lobby when it's busy but then again I don't think this place is packing them in given the Flagship's less then desirable location.

As soon as you arrive there you can just imagine what the area must have looked like about 15 years ago when crack was still big. The area has improved but unfortunately it is not from new development but instead it comes from leveling its eyesores and leaving empty dirt lots everywhere. Not much of an improvement. There are plenty of slums still plaguing the area and it doesn't look like it's going to change anytime soon. The casinos are a mile away and it would take an enormous boom in hotel development to reach the area. There are some new homes that went up nearby but they are too few to have any real impact on the area.

The Flagship is 32 stories tall and if you happen to stay on the top floor like I did then you better be prepared for a long wait and ride in the elevator. The best part about the top floor is that it's too high for the birds to leave you any disgusting droppings on your balcony like they do on the lower levels but if you want to step out onto the balcony and it's raining you will need an umbrella because there is no awning or roof over yours.

The parking garage is about 7 stories tall and very narrow. You enter from the front of the Flagship and follow it up along the back of the building. Alot of the spaces state "Compact Car Only" so if you bring the pickup expect to park on the street.

Unlike some people I don't think the buses are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The casinos charge only $4 to park your car there and they have plenty of spaces. I don't need to take a whirlwind bus tour of the slums of Atlantic City late at night while I’m half in the bag and no I’m not the one driving the car.

As for the room, I reserved a junior suit and it wasn't bad. Two decent size beds, small kitchen and big bathroom. Unfortunately the sliding glass door to the balcony required Hercules to open it and the room smelled a little musty. I think that's the reason why they leave the balcony door partially open before you arrive. Do yourself a favor and pick the bed closes to the door because the air conditioner vent is located on the wall across from the second bed and it blows right on it. The room is decent but if you’re looking to impress your date it's going to backfire.

The best part of the Flagship is the price, especially if you only need to stay one night. The casinos charge way too much to stay with them for one Saturday night because it breaks their room up for the weekend. You can expect to pay $300 for a Saturday night stay at one of the casinos. I stayed at the Flagship for $170.

So if your looking for something decent, inexpensive and it doesn't bother you to stay in a room located in a rundown area with no casino within walking distance then this is the place for you.

I wish the photos I posted were clearer but unfortunately all I had was my camera phone with me. They show the many empty dirt lots surrounding the Flagship and the new homes located in the rear. In one photo you can see the casinos way in the background.

• Stayed: May 2005