“Scam”

Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Glen Head, NY
“Scam”
Reviewed March 31, 2009

I am writing this review to warn people of the one thing I did not enjoy. The moment you check in you are told about a $100 security deposit. I found this practice to be very dishonest. This deposit should be announced at the time of booking the room. Besides my upset with the deposit, I did not enjoy the fact that there were signs all throughout the room warning of charges of $50.00 for not doing certain things. When I'm on vacation, I do not want to worry about being charged $50.00 because I forget to wash a plate! i did not enjoy the fact that parking was over $7. I'm already paying for the room and I'm putting down a deposit, paying for parking after this is ridiculous.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank baptista7384

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
Clifton, NJ
Reviewed March 24, 2009

The Flagship Resort rooms are very standard. As someone on here stated the elevators are too slow. I noticed the lower floors hallways (& rooms) were more updated I'm assuming these floors are for the Timeshare Owners. While the upper floors are for regular guests and are in need of being updated and as well as the rooms. The rooms looked more like a Motel room and not a Hotel/Resort room. The balcony was nice and it had a nice view. I most likely will not return even if the price is cheaper than other hotels in the area.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Luvjones673
Pennsylvania
Reviewed March 15, 2009

We just got back from a 7 day stay at the Flagship. We had a suite on the 19th floor & had a terrific view!! We were very happy with our rooms, and the service was great (Barry at the concierge service was terrific--he helped us plan a day in both Philadelphia and New York City). The location is a little ways away from the casinos, but a short Jitney ride (cost - $2.25 one way) got us where we wanted to go, & they stopped every 15 minutes all day). The Flagship also has its own shuttle that runs every 2 hours starting at noon. All in all, we were very pleased with our stay. We would definately recommend staying there to anyone, and hope to go back someday.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled as a couple
New York City
Reviewed March 6, 2009

This hotel is in the middle of nowhere, they say its on "The Boardwalk" but its a $12 cab from the action i.e. 40/40 club, shopping outlets. The room looked clean but the hotel was just creepy. There was an old fashioned tub, tacky furniture, and signs warning you that you will be charged for any little thing you do. They threaten to penalize you for not washing any dishes that you may use during your stay. What is housekeeping for? Why provide dishes if you discourage their use????????

Some of the staff were very nice, but I just got a funny uncomfortable feeling from the place. I hated there, some of the fancy casino hotels cost less than $100....The Flaship has the nerve to charge that much.

Oh, and I almost forgot....they slap a $100 refundable deposit to your credit card when you check in.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank nycpoetess

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

blanca519
Reviewed February 16, 2009

i wanted to get away for valentines day weekend with my boyfriend so we decided to go to atlantic city to get away from the nyc crazy life. we decided to stay at the flagship resort cause it sounded like it would be the best quite place to go and get way. and be alone an relax, well i was very pleased with the suite. it was very spaceous and was immaculate. the swimming pool is great and its very convienent to the casinos. i would recommend my family and friends to stay here. the workers, the quests and the staff were all very friendly and polite. There is an older gentleman named john whom works there that will go way and beyond for the quests, so if you do ever stay there, he is the man to see. i really had a great time. the only thing i was annoyed at was on valentines day morning i went to the pool area to go swimmin and house keeping entered my room and it stated on paper that house keeping only works sunday and tuesday. why did they enter my room then? nothing was missing but i have the hotel looking into that but the overall experience was terriffic.

• Liked — pool close to casinos and the great hospitality of staff and quests
  • Disliked — housekeeping entering room on days they dont clean which is on the quide line list they put in your suite
  • Stayed February 2009, traveled as a couple
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Toronto
Reviewed January 3, 2009

It was surprising that I could not find a good review on any hotels in Atlantic City. It was my first visit to Atlantic City, hoping that it would somehow resembles Vegas. I was wrong. And the purpose of the visit was not to gamble but to experience the city. Anyway, I ended up staying at the Flagship with my friends. Was quite surprise with the not-too-polished look of the hotel. But after walking around the city and other hotels, Flagship did not look so bad at all. I was still surprise that the city was not that vibrant... (still having Vegas in mind) The room we got was okay. It looked more like half suite half room. We had a kitchen table in the room, complete with a microwave, a small fridge and a stove. They also provide pots and pans. You could walk out the balcony into a big terrace that you shared with your neighbors. The bed was not too comfortable but not too bad as well. For the price we paid, $89 + tax, the room is just average. I paid $48 + tax for a standard room in Hooters Hotel in Vegas two years ago at about the same time, it was so much better than Flagship. I can't comment too much on the cleanliness as my friends and I were too tired when we got into our room and we left early in the morning. Cleanliness is always my priority when choosing a hotel... so far, this one has not disgust me in any way. By the way, the internet signal was not too good in our room. We have to move the laptop to a certain area just to get a better signal.

• Liked — price
  • Disliked — slow elevator
  • Stayed December 2008
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Mdss
new jersey
Reviewed December 3, 2008

At first glance the hotel seems updated and inviting. We had read the reviews, so upon arrival we asked for an updated room, well to our surprise we found out that they were only available to owners! This hotel was actually a timeshare project. Our room was older in decor and amenities, but the view made up for its lack of luxury. We went out for the nite and came back after 1 only to find our room was cold and the heat wasnt working. We bundled the blankets from both beds and tucked in. Yes I could have called maintenance, but the both of us were too tired to deal with waiting and etc at this hour. To add to our dismay in the morning while in the shower, I looked up and noticed black mold spots on the ceiling! It was so disgusting and then I noticed that calking over blackened old caulk had been applied throughout the tub enclosure. We decided to try brunch at the hotel restaurant. We no sooner started our meal when swarms of gnats attacked our food and our area. My stomach turned, it was just too disgusting to think that this big infestation was going unnoticed.
I did report these issues to the front desk. The attendant was very kind and credited my $7.00 parking fees. (whoopee) She informed me that several people had complained about the restaurant and they were going to shut it down on Monday for a deep cleaning. (little consolation to me, my sick stomach and the bad impression it left with us). And she said oh the owner is very proud of his clean hotel and will be very upset when he hears about our stay. Well it is no surprise that we have not heard from the owner or the manager and they have not apologized in any way for the horrible experience that we had there.

• Liked — The view
  • Disliked — It is not clean!
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled as a couple