WINNER WONDERLAND

Review of Flagship Resort

Flagship Resort
Ranked #15 of 52 Hotels in Atlantic City
Rahway, New Jersey, United States
“It's not what it used to be”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 6, 2014 via mobile

When we first checked in, it took us about 10 minutes to get in an elevator. The new system they're implementing requires you to press your floor and then just wait until an elevator is ready. Granted the regular elevators were just as slow, this system seems even worse. Come check out day most people took to the stairs to walk down up to 32 flights. We has to walk up and down 10 flights three times to get our stuff from the room back to the car.
As for the stay itself, it was simply average. The rooms were clean and the views were very pretty. I just felt a little bored. Back in the day, the flagship used to provide all sorts of activities for kids and family now it just seems lacking. They do have a game room and activity center as well as nightly movies shown in the screening room. I just found myself missing the make your own sundae bar, and poolside virgin pina coladas.

Key Points:
Staff was nice
Really like the free shuttle and van service around AC
Room was clean and pretty
I don't think you'll find another family friendly hotel in AC, so it's a good choice. I guess.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (190)
Springfield, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

My wife and I stayed here in 2004...nice to see that the rooms were nicer now. The elevators were crazy...nearly a 20 minute wait at times. Major drag when you are on the 27th floor. Mgt has plans to upgrade ($1.5M). Had to pay for Wi-Fi and parking was $7.50 a day. Pool and fitness center were nice and there was an on-site restaurant.

Room Tip: City view was very nice.
Stayed July 2014, traveled solo
2 Thank George V
Browns Mills, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2014

Room was good, it was nice to have the kitchenette so we were not spending a fortunate eating out. The room also had a full size refrigerator so we brought many provisions from home. I love just sitting on the balcony listening to the ocean and the pool and hot tubs were very nice to sit and relax by. There was a free concert on the beach that was extremely crowded but we couldn't see anything but did listen to the entire concert on the balcony. Fix dinner and ate on the balcony and listened to Blake Shelton. The hotel also runs a shuttle service to different locations in and around the city which is nice so you don't have to pay for parking. My only complaint and it is a big one is the elevator situation is horrid. They have got to fix this as on check out day I had to make numerous trips up and down 15 flights of stairs because I waited 55 minutes for the elevator that never came. Sad ending to a very peaceful relaxing vacation.

Room Tip: Every room has a water view but stay away from the rooms near the elevators.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Location
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2014

Stayed in 1 bedroom condo had 1 and 1/2 baths very clean (rugs very old) on 25th floor. Huge balcony overlooking inlet and casinos,very nice!!Staff very friendly and helpful. Frre parking lot by resorts so you can go to beach.Only problem was getting clean towels, called the extention for them and was told they were coming right up and they never arrived so we asked cleaning lady in hall who was very accommodating. Overall i would go back , the elevators were not as bad as reviews i read only sunday morning when a lot of people were checking out. ( I stayed friday to friday)

Room Tip: Higher rooms have better views, but if you want to avoid elevators parking garage only goes to 6thfl...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Beachwood, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014

My Husband and I spent a weekend in Atlantic city and we stayed at the flagship hotel. We just love it. We are local to the area and we are members so it is easy for us to get away without having to go to far. The weekend let us get away from home and recharge! We walked around Atlantic city the boardwalk and the casinos. the hotel even offers a shuttle service . We were never bored! The staff was friendly and helpful

Room Tip: Some rooms have been renovated more recently but the ocean side rooms that face the ocean have the b...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
      Location
      Rooms
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

I stay for a week checking in was quick. It took 20 minutes for the elevator to come. My room was amazing. Pool was nice for the kids. The game room was so small that we walked in and walked right out. But hey for the price I would stay again

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Sandy T
Royal Oak
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2014 via mobile

First off I became obsessed with all of the negative reviews before I stayed at this hotel. We checked in on a Saturday at 2pm with no issues (waited roughly 10 mins). The room was great with almost everything brand new. The view was awesome with looking at the ocean every morning. Now the area near by is not great but it is only a 4 min drive to anywhere you wanted to go or a 13 dollar can ride. By the way taxis here can not charge you more then 13 dollars which is pretty sweet. I personally liked to walk which took about 10 mins to Revel and 25 to Ballys. The elevators are not bad at all waited no more then 10 min waits (max). Parking is tight in the parking garage and they charge you 7 dollars a day. Overall I was excited to have a nice room with a amazing view. For the record I am a interval international time share owner and I am use to having nice hotels to stay at for a week. The only bad thing I would say is the area near by is pretty scary. Enjoy your stay. Also if you make a left out of the resort they have a small beach area with life guards that has no more then 10 people sun bathing (makes it so much nicer to lay out).

Stayed July 2014