“Wheelchair accessibility,bed bugs and room keys”
Review of Flagship Resort

Flagship Resort
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Wheelchair accessibility,bed bugs and room keys”
Reviewed January 6, 2014

I traveled to AC over Thanksgiving week last year with my boyfriend (C6-C7) who’s a wheelchair user. We checked in room 2906. My first impression was two thumbs up. I loved it. It was clean, cozy room layout, great view of the Ocean with a balcony! However we discovered 3 live bed bugs along with few dead baby bedbugs on the box spring after a few days and notified the front desk. They sent security to take their own pictures and moved us to a different room (3006) after a few hours which was around 3am.

When we felt itchiness we thought it might be from the detergent used on the bed sheets and pillows. Google image search of the red marks on my neck, shoulder, back and boyfriend’s arm pointed to bed bug bites which made me examine the bed and box spring. The box spring sheet was ripped when I checked underneath the bed ( they used those sheets that is used to prevent bed bugs- it came up during the Google research) and I found a dead one when I opened the zipper. These gave me an impression that there had been bed bug issues previously in this room but it was just sort of covered up.

When we got to the new room the room key was not working so we waited for security to come while sitting out in the hallway with all our luggage and bags of hastily packed items. Security opened the door with his keys and we were told someone will come and fix the issue with the door the next day since we probably want to get some rest. We were fine with that cause we were exhausted. After checking to make sure there were no bed bugs, I unpacked somewhat (kept our clothes inside our luggage) and we finally got to bed.

The issue with the room key was resolved after about 2 days. The 2 days included the new staff not knowing what was going on, lots of waiting on our part, packing again cause we were told they would upgrade us to a 1 bedroom suite and then eventually unpacking because we ended up staying . A person from security told us a note was left regarding issues with room 3006 door – in other words he didn’t know why they would let anyone check in this room. In the end, the part of the door that reads the card key needed to be replaced which took awhile because they had to find the right one.

The room itself is nice, hallway and carpet in room was not difficult to push on. There were sensors for the room thermostat and it was very inconsistent. AC/Heater gauge in the two rooms 2906, 3006 were both different. Became too cold or too hot. Balcony door was so stiff and difficult to open. Bathroom door would not stay open so we had to hold it open with one of the luggage. The layout of both room are the same (room 3006 can get very cold due to gaps between the balcony sliding door).

As for parking, there are very few accessible parking (our car has a ramp that comes out) on each floor especially for cars with ramps. And entrance for elevator access was only available up to a certain floor. Once we had to park on a floor without access to the elevator and my boyfriend had to roll down a very steep slope while looking out for cars to get to the floor that had one. There are street parking available, however we preferred indoor parking to be on the safe side.

Elevator - was very slow. But we were warned of this through other Trip Advisor reviews.
Blue Water Grille - didn't go to the restaurant on site so can't comment on that.
Balcony – not easily wheelchair accessible since there is a step (sorry forgot to measure but you will see in the picture)

Here are some measurements:

Bathroom entrance : 35” wide
Roll in shower : 57” wide, 31” deep
Bathroom Sink : from bottom sink 28 ½”
Light switches : from bottom of switch 44”
Bed height : from floor 22” (height of bed was close to the height of the wheelchair cushion)
Kitchen sink : from bottom of sink 27” , 30” wide
Dining table : from bottom of table 27”
Wifi : very good ( we both had to do some work and it was reliable)

Overall this resort is okay and staff was friendly, helpful and attentive. We needed a TV with HDMI port when we got to 3006. They gladly accommodated us with the TV from 2906. They addressed the bed bug issue right away and got us a new room. The head of security was very apologetic about the issue with the door.

However, for us the negative experience outweighed the positive.
We will not be returning nor recommending this place.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank thatsnufpiggy

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (200)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 5, 2014

The location was ideal for me because not too much traffic, walking or cars, and the free hotel bus transportation took us to most of the casinos except Revel. We could plan to shop or visit a particular casino or take in a show and use free transportation by checking the schedule for the bus. We were able to have four people in the suite, which was spacious. The brunch on Sunday in the timeshare(hotel) was delicious. The staff was professional and courteous except one front desk employee who was reluctant to call a cab for us early morning so we could catch the early bus to New York for a day to see "Motown" the musical. Will visit again but probably during the warmer season.

Room Tip: Ask for room above tenth floor but below 18th to get good view but not a Long wait for elevator. As...
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Delores S
Cherry Hill, New Jersey
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I entered a sweepstakes at a NJ Teachers Convention in AC, and few weeks later got a phone call that I won a very "Big" Prize: 4 round trip airline tickets, 3 days 2 nights hotel accommodations, 2 vouchers to Resort Casino Buffet in AC, $600 coupons to outlets at the Walk. I was so excited I responded immediately, but they wanted me to attend a 2 hour presentation at Flagship for a timeshare. Due to my busy schedule, I was not able to appear within that week, so they were very flexible to make my appointment on Monday, Dec. 23, 2013. They even called me to confirm the apt for 3:30pm, but when I arrive at the Flagship Resort, no one was there at the office. When I called them, Parry the manager said that they were on their "Holiday schedule" and were not showing the tours. I was so furious that no one contacted me of the change of plans and that they just cancelled my appt w/o calling me. I wasted my whole afternoon driving down to AC for nothing. That was the most horrific experience I've ever had. These people are so unprofessional. Perry went on to say that she would try to fit me in another day following the holiday week, but after this experience, I don't think I would even consider.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
12 Thank JiujiuKitty

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'm not one to write a bad review but i decided that this one deserved a pro/con list from my trip because i was torn:
Pros:
Reasonbly priced for view
Nice sized rooms
Nice pool
Nice bonus with movies to rent ( reasonable selection) and movie room on site
Clean
Shuttle to casinos
Restarant n Bar on-site ( with ok bar like food)
Cheap on site parking ( 7.50 a day )
24 hour friendly service
If you have kids there are things to do on site for them
Kitchen is filled with essentials

Cons:
A mile plus from anywhere to go
No beach
Street parking is sketchy
Restaurant on site only serves bar food
Shuttle is not as needed, pre set schedule ( thats not realistic) so you must take cabs if you are drinking or you can't get home
Rooms need serious updating
Beds are OK
Couch sucks
More than 50 percent of guests are low class ( as in demeanor )
Its hot one second in one spot and than freezing 2 feet away in another all throughout the building
The 24th floor you can really HEAR the wind blow from the outdated doors and windows
You can hear when the neighbors flush the toilet
The bed is worn out and has scratchy 1980s comforter sets

I have heard the owners floor is much more up to date but i wonder..... the owners are on the fourth floor , is that why the wind "drafts" don't bother them?

Room Tip: Stay on a low level
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Sewardharris1979
Columbia, Maryland
Reviewed December 2, 2013

When I read the reviews they warned me to ask for a renovated room. I did. When I went to check in I wanted to make sure that I had a renovated room. The desk clerk was very gracious (Diamond) and said that she could not give me a renovated room, but would I like to speak with a manager. So a manager (Tara ?) showed up and she told me that the renovated rooms were only for the owners. I had room 3106 which had a wonderful view of the bayside if it were not for the fact that the picture windows looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months and you couldn't see out. I called housekeeping to clean the windows at about 3:30 PM and she told me she would send someone up the next day. The carpeting was stained and dirty. You wouldn't want to walk around barefoot. The other major problem was that the shower drain was clogged (probably with hair) and when you would take a shower you would be standing in about 3 inches of dirty water. Other little minor things like the silvering on the mirror was turning black and the formica on the bathroom cabinets were peeling detracted from what could have been a nice room. Another thing that was a disappointment was the boardwalk. They advertise that they are at the end of the boardwalk. Well there is no boardwalk! It was blown away by superstorm Sandy and here it was, more than a year later and it was not replaced. Another thing that you should be aware of is that you are far removed from any of activity that is Atlantic City. You have quite a ride to any of the casinos.
Good things about the flagship: Reception was well appointed and the staff were congenial, the bar and small dining area on the seventh floor were nice with a great view of the bay and the ocean. The drinks were reasonably priced and the barmaid was very cordial.

Room Tip: Only book this if they guarantee you a renovated room. There is no boardwalk as of this writing (12...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Stan P
New York City, New York
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked a two day stay at this hotel as part of my timeshare exchange program. What a mistake.
The building is nice with good balconies. The unit that was assigned to me was good except for the bedroom with no windows.
Out of the two nights I slept there only one and returned home next day. You feel like you're sleeping in a closet.
It happens twice I was relaxing at the pool next to a door leading to an outside deck, after sometime in the Jacuzzi when two different salespeople came to show the pool to potential buyers of time share and they open an outside door (it was on the coldest and windiest day of Nov.11 2013). Total disregard for their guests. A blast of frigid air hit me to the point it triggered a migraine that lasted for a good half an hour.
Also they have a nasty policy posted in your room and in your "welcome" literature, that warn you about leaving any unwashed kitchen utensil, that may cost you $50.
To be sure I wouldn't incur in any unexpected charge, I talked to the front desk manager. An arrogant young man, very unfriendly, who call a female employee to go with me to my room and certify everything was clean.
This manager had an attitude and smile to the female employee like they were dealing with some stupid guest, a fact that really pissed me off, but I let it go and ignored him.
I would not visit this place again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Hugo H
Newark, New Jersey
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hotel is easy to get to.nice view of the ocean.checking in was fast no problems a nice surprise .when we went to our room, we found it to be very clean we loved that.we were'nt far from the gambling hotels none in this one I can live with that .nice indoor pool we used.we had a little kitchen the bar staff was fine not a long wait to get service

Room Tip: We love the higher floors ,the higher the view gets better
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank keith h
Daniel H, Front Services Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, November 26, 2013
Hey Keith,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation with us. I see you got to enjoy a little bit of everything from our resort, from the pool to the restaurant. Keep us mind that we are just a quick shot down the Parkway for a getaway. Happy Thanksgiving and we hope to see you soon!