“Hope you don't want to walk or be classy!”
Review of Flagship Resort

Flagship Resort
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed December 8, 2013

I'm not one to write a bad review but i decided that this one deserved a pro/con list from my trip because i was torn:
Pros:
Reasonbly priced for view
Nice sized rooms
Nice pool
Nice bonus with movies to rent ( reasonable selection) and movie room on site
Clean
Shuttle to casinos
Restarant n Bar on-site ( with ok bar like food)
Cheap on site parking ( 7.50 a day )
24 hour friendly service
If you have kids there are things to do on site for them
Kitchen is filled with essentials

Cons:
A mile plus from anywhere to go
No beach
Street parking is sketchy
Restaurant on site only serves bar food
Shuttle is not as needed, pre set schedule ( thats not realistic) so you must take cabs if you are drinking or you can't get home
Rooms need serious updating
Beds are OK
Couch sucks
More than 50 percent of guests are low class ( as in demeanor )
Its hot one second in one spot and than freezing 2 feet away in another all throughout the building
The 24th floor you can really HEAR the wind blow from the outdated doors and windows
You can hear when the neighbors flush the toilet
The bed is worn out and has scratchy 1980s comforter sets

I have heard the owners floor is much more up to date but i wonder..... the owners are on the fourth floor , is that why the wind "drafts" don't bother them?

Room Tip: Stay on a low level
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank Sewardharris1979
There are newer reviews for Flagship Resort

Reviewed December 2, 2013

When I read the reviews they warned me to ask for a renovated room. I did. When I went to check in I wanted to make sure that I had a renovated room. The desk clerk was very gracious (Diamond) and said that she could not give me a renovated room, but would I like to speak with a manager. So a manager (Tara ?) showed up and she told me that the renovated rooms were only for the owners. I had room 3106 which had a wonderful view of the bayside if it were not for the fact that the picture windows looked like they hadn't been cleaned in months and you couldn't see out. I called housekeeping to clean the windows at about 3:30 PM and she told me she would send someone up the next day. The carpeting was stained and dirty. You wouldn't want to walk around barefoot. The other major problem was that the shower drain was clogged (probably with hair) and when you would take a shower you would be standing in about 3 inches of dirty water. Other little minor things like the silvering on the mirror was turning black and the formica on the bathroom cabinets were peeling detracted from what could have been a nice room. Another thing that was a disappointment was the boardwalk. They advertise that they are at the end of the boardwalk. Well there is no boardwalk! It was blown away by superstorm Sandy and here it was, more than a year later and it was not replaced. Another thing that you should be aware of is that you are far removed from any of activity that is Atlantic City. You have quite a ride to any of the casinos.
Good things about the flagship: Reception was well appointed and the staff were congenial, the bar and small dining area on the seventh floor were nice with a great view of the bay and the ocean. The drinks were reasonably priced and the barmaid was very cordial.

Room Tip: Only book this if they guarantee you a renovated room. There is no boardwalk as of this writing (12...
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Stan P
Reviewed December 1, 2013

I booked a two day stay at this hotel as part of my timeshare exchange program. What a mistake.
The building is nice with good balconies. The unit that was assigned to me was good except for the bedroom with no windows.
Out of the two nights I slept there only one and returned home next day. You feel like you're sleeping in a closet.
It happens twice I was relaxing at the pool next to a door leading to an outside deck, after sometime in the Jacuzzi when two different salespeople came to show the pool to potential buyers of time share and they open an outside door (it was on the coldest and windiest day of Nov.11 2013). Total disregard for their guests. A blast of frigid air hit me to the point it triggered a migraine that lasted for a good half an hour.
Also they have a nasty policy posted in your room and in your "welcome" literature, that warn you about leaving any unwashed kitchen utensil, that may cost you $50.
To be sure I wouldn't incur in any unexpected charge, I talked to the front desk manager. An arrogant young man, very unfriendly, who call a female employee to go with me to my room and certify everything was clean.
This manager had an attitude and smile to the female employee like they were dealing with some stupid guest, a fact that really pissed me off, but I let it go and ignored him.
I would not visit this place again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Hugo H
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Hotel is easy to get to.nice view of the ocean.checking in was fast no problems a nice surprise .when we went to our room, we found it to be very clean we loved that.we were'nt far from the gambling hotels none in this one I can live with that .nice indoor pool we used.we had a little kitchen the bar staff was fine not a long wait to get service

Room Tip: We love the higher floors ,the higher the view gets better
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank keith h
Daniel H, Front Services Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2013

Hey Keith,

We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your vacation with us. I see you got to enjoy a little bit of everything from our resort, from the pool to the restaurant. Keep us mind that we are just a quick shot down the Parkway for a getaway. Happy Thanksgiving and we hope to see you soon!

Reviewed November 20, 2013

I stayed here for a night in October to attend a conference. This particular hotel is comprised mostly of timeshares. The hotel itself seemed clean and the room had a very nice layout including a kitchenette. The bar at the hotel was nice yet expensive. Ok enough for a quick bite and drink. This particular section of Atlantic City is still undeveloped. I'm told that in a few years it will be just as busy as the other sections of AC. Also, the boardwalk is still under construction after being destroyed by Hurricane Sandy. That being said, it's still very close to all the other popular hotels in AC like the Borgata and the new Revel on the south side. If you have a car and want to save a couple bucks it's not a bad place to stay. You still have very nice views of the ocean in a quiet section of this party town.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
2  Thank Mark G

Hello Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property and for staying with us on your trip to Atlantic City. You are correct in saying that, despite being 5 blocks from a casino, this is a quieter part of town. The Casino Reinvestment Development Authority does have plans to make our area more populated with restaurants and small shops but a large portion of our guests enjoy the tranquility. Thank you again for your review and have a wonderful day!

Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

They are con artists...when they try to sell you their timeshare they will show you an extravagant room...of course that's just for show...also they con you into going to listen to them for 90 Min even say we don't care if you don't want to buy, just listen and maybe you will or maybe you will tell people about us. Well 90 min turned into almost 3 hours and the free plane and hotel tickets had serious catches. The plane ticket requires you stay at one of their resorts for a min of 7-10 nights at like $300 a night. Do the math! You wouldn't waste money on that trip... And the "free trip" promised has bad reviews everywhere, not bb approved, and lots of people that put their $50 deposit never heard back from company. I'm mad they con-ed me to come and lister to them, but glad I saw huge flags before I put ANYTHING out to this company....oh yea the elevator does suck. Take everyone's reviews and run the other way from this company!!!!!

Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
13  Thank YoungTraveller84
Reviewed November 2, 2013

the elevator suck been over a year and still don't work right!
game room is ok, movie were ok , restaurant so so the person could not tell we one of the things on the menu had know idea what the food was and I did not know what it was . staff all have radios on in the elevator on loud , room was dirty had hair on bed cover, hair in fold out bed , enternet only worked in closet my sun set up a a chair and suit cast in there . trying to park on arvil was tuff wount let you in parking area till after you regester in sail people hogged up front row , and you did not want to walk any were not a good naberhood at all!!! wont be going back !!

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family