“Nice place overall”

Flagship Resort
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Nice place overall”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 29, 2004

I was attending a Tupperware Convention in April & was there for just one night. The staff was very accommodating & professional. The hotel had a beautiful view of the ocean and downtown. The room itself was very clean but smelled like a smoker's room and I was offered to have the room "cleaner" which would eliminate the problem, but since I was not going to be there but one nite, I just aired out the room. There was a kitchenette with table and chairs, an apartment-sized refridgerater, coffee pot, microwave and other amenities. A balcony was included which you could actually step out and get a better view of the surroundings- great sunrise view!!

The surrounding area appears to have new home construction and is not run-down.

While all of the convention activities were at the convention center, I took a cab several places and within the city the total charge is $8.00; the hotel also runs a courtesy shuttle bus to the Sands casino on the top of the hour ending at midnite, and returns from the Sands on the 1/4 hour ending @ 01:15am. Other casinos are within walking distance from the Sands.

I did not experience the food or the vending machines. The place was quiet for the most part.

For an overnite stay, the Flagship was a nice place but I would not be interested in having a timeshare there nor staying for an entire week. I would prefer a non-smokers room.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Mid-Atlantic States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2004

Let me say, first of all, that I am glad that I had not read any of the reviews prior to staying at the Flagship two weekends ago. Why? The negative reviews simply would have scared me away. The truth is, however, that it is good to state both the positive and the negative. I guess perspective plays a BIG role in how one rates one's stay at a hotel and how one views that stay in hindsight. I rarely traveled to Atlantic City before this year because the surrounding, residential area leaves a lot to be desired. HOWEVER, that is not Flagship's fault.
If you like or love A.C. the way I do now, then write to the mayor of Atlantic City or to Gov. McGreevey because either or both would love to hear your ideas about improving the economic plight of people who LIVE and WORK FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT in A.C. Now, about the Flagship specifically: yes, the elevators are slow and security needs to be tighter. But the size of the rooms, the amenities, the bee-yoo-tee-ful ocean view and, yes, the prices are hard to beat. The bathroom had so many towels, I nearly had an orgasm just standing there looking around it. I had fun. I lived the FANTASY of gambling in A.C. by day and sleeping more than 20 stories above the ocean at night. I can't wait to return this spring, hopefully with someone next time. Oh, and I won a lot of money in the casinos! Yeah!

• Stayed April 2004
2 Thank gogoboots_in_white
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2004

I have a feeling that the timeshare folks are a little more pleased with the Flagship than the ones who stay there as hotel guests. Just spent 4 nights there and didn't notice any of the scary guests, parking difficulties or slow elevators that other reviewers have talked about.
Great views from the windows, nice pool and spa. We didn't use the casino shuttle, so can't comment on that. Rooms were OK (adequate size, plenty of towels, good sound insulation). The staff was accommodating and friendly; however, we wouldn't have had as much interaction with them if they had taken care of a few simple items before we arrived -- missing light bulbs, additional bedding for the fold-out, broken coffee-maker. They were quick to respond but why should we have had to make those kinds of calls (and that many of them) in the first place?
5-Star? Uh-uh -- barely 3. It's not a place I'd seek out to visit again, but I wouldn't mind staying there in a pinch.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2004

i stayed at the flagship on a busy friday night in april with a few friends. the suite we were given was clean, well kept and nicely furnished with comfortable sleeping arrangements. the staff was friendly enough. parking was more than adequate. the neighborhood seemed as fine as any other when it comes to a.c.. the view was great over the bayside, esp. at night. we used the pool and enjoyed the hottub. overall, a good experience.

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
NJ
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 14, 2004

Sllllooowwwww elevators, bad service, very expensive restaurant, bad parking, etc..........

8 Thank schong

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 12, 2004

My fiancee and I stayed at the Flagship for the first time last April.
We both really enjoyed it. We were the only two adults in the arcade room located on the seventh floor and we loved it. I enjoyed the indoor sauna. Never got a chance to try the hotel restaurant because did most of the cooking in our studio. It was enough space for both of us. The balcony overlooked part of the ocean as well as newly built single family homes. I enjoyed it so much I took a walk by myself along the boardwalk to the casinos. I didn't realize just how long the walk was until it was time for me to walk back but hey I needed the excercise.
My boyfriend relaxed in the hotel room most of the time. As a teacher and author he spent most of his time writing and enjoying the tranquility. We will be staying at the Flagship again this April, and I am truly looking forward to it. We are staying five days this time.
Last year we only stayed two because we spent the night in another casino hotel earlier in the week. Honestly I liked the Flagship more than the casino's hotel. It was peaceful and away from all the traffic.
The staff was very friendly and helpful.

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member