“Not my first choice resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Flagship Resort

Flagship Resort
Ranked #14 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
PA
“Not my first choice resort”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2013

This resort is located at the end of the boardwalk, so the area is quiet. The resort is well maintained and the staff was friendly and helpful. The boardwalk at this end had been destroyed in the hurricane, so you can't use it to get to the casinos and shops. Our room was clean, and the beds were comfortable. We had 2 queen beds, and the couch could be made into a bed. There is a restaurant, a pool, several hot tubs, and an arcade. We had a studio room, which had a small kitchen area. If you want to cook to save money on eating out, this is not the place for you. There was a refrigerator, sink, microwave, and stove top, which heated up slowly, but no oven. They have a heated pool, but it still felt cold. The table on the balcony was broken when we arrived, and there was an empty beer can in the corner, so the cleaning staff must not clean the balcony between guests. They charge $7 a night to park in the parking garage, which I think is outrageous. We found parking on the street and in an empty lot beside the resort. We were told by a staff member that there had been problems with car break-ins, but we did not have a problem. They should buy the empty lot and make more parking for guests.

Room Tip: I think rooms on the higher floors are larger.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank jastine

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
Lowell, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was a great vacation from Aug-9-11 2013. I recommend this hotel. No problems. My stay was a fantastic and great experience in the Flagship Resort. Parking was no problem inside the hotel. If you wanted to take the shuttle it was a way to go to all the casinos. The distance driving to the casino was about 15 minutes away. Outlets to shop into you drop. Places to eat are all great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Glen Rock, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

It's at the end of the busy strip. so if you want quiet time, you stay there. they have shuttles to take you to different casinos, sight seeing places. They also have one good restaurant. our room on 28th floor has a very good ocean view.

Room Tip: book a one bed room unit. My was studio .
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 12, 2013

I have stayed here several times since 2003 as a guest of friends a time share prospect & as a direct "resort" guest. For near by shows or a weekend to shop great for the price. For a family vacation with 2 small children .....so so. It really varies per visit. Sometimes great other times not so good BUT by far the most reasonable cost wise.

• Stayed June 2013
Hamburg, New Jersey, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 10, 2013

Looks like the hotel sees an advantage in charging the customer for parking considering that the neighborhood is shady enough... Parked on the street not 50 yards from hotel, had our car broken into, bike and GPS were stolen. Room was OK, although dated and smallest we have ever had in our years of exchanges. Boardwalk is gone and not a priority to be fixed which was not mentioned when we booked. Pool looked dirty, hot-tub was filled with bleach as it burned my skin. Customer service was so-so. Some personnel was very helpful the other half had major attitude. The elevators were a joke especially inconvenient on check-in and out days.

Room Tip: Do not park on the street!!!
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Sina252013

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 3, 2013

I went with a friend because we were going to a concert in Atlantic City. Most hotels were over $300 a night as there were many events going on that weekend. The lobby was nice. But the floor we were on was dirty. The non smoking room smelled of cigarettes upon arrival. I notified the front desk and they offered to have the cleaning staff come and spray. The elevator system was new and was not time consuming until checkout. It was reasonably priced considering the competition in the area but do not plan to stay there again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Magnolia, Delaware
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 1, 2013

We checked into the FantaSea on 07/28/2013, the staff was rude and not very informative. I had no idea the boardwalk in front of the hotel had been removed due to hurricane Sandy and was disappointed to see that when arriving. I really feel that should have been mentioned when booking the room but instead we were under the impression the hotel was “where the boardwalk begins”. I was also under the impression it was a beach front, that is also not the case.

After waiting 35 minutes to get an elevator to our room (mind you we had luggage and 2 small children) we arrive to a room that is fair. We then get changed and head to the pool (not the beach, no access) to find that my children are not allowed in the pool until they are checked in and get a wrist band, REALLY!!!!! So now I have to get back on your elevator, yes we had to wait, to go back to the lobby and get a wrist band. Please tell me why when asking about the pool upon check in I was not told about the wrist bands for the children? So now we are heading back to the 7th floor to swim, yes again we had to wait for the elevator, we get there and there is no one to check us in and see the wrist band that we just went to the 1st floor to get so we proceed to the pool that was FREEZING! Well now it has been roughly an hour, it is now after 7 and we are told to get out of the pool at 8! As I am leaving the pool area, we are asked to sign out, I let the girl (who was absent when we came back the 2nd time) that we did not sign in. As we are leaving, she informs another co-worker that I have been getting smart with her all night!!! REALLY!!!!

I have stayed in many, many hotels and time shares over the years and I must say your was among the worst I have ever stayed in. The staff and service were horrible. Not to mention the elevator service was nothing I have ever seen before and hopefully will never see again.

Room Tip: Do not pick this hotel, we were there on a sunday, people who had been there over weekend said they...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family