Flagship Resort
Bally's Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
$51
$48
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$85
  • Restaurant
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$73
$59
  • Beachfront
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$129
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$122
  • Beachfront
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$89
$75
$145
  • Pool
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$95
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$179
$229
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewsthe shuttle driverfree shuttlethe atlantic oceanfitness roomindoor poolnice sizeinletbalconiesstovejitneytubsborgatagambling
Reviewed April 5, 2013

You can measure the value of a romantic vacation by the look on your wife's face as she peers out of your suite, turns around and says you out did yourself. Our suite was perfect. We were on the 22nd floor facing the Atlantic Ocean and Brigantine NJ. In the morning we watched the fishing boats go out to sea and return in the evening with their catch. If I were to complain about one thing, it would be the elevators. Even with the upgrades they are horrendous.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the ocean and Brigantine NJ are breath taking.
2  Thank PAWSR
Daniel H, Front Desk Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 2, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your review of our resort. In addition it is nice to have a place to stay just a straight shot down the Atlantic City Expressway. Not only will you be able to enjoy those magnificent views, but enjoy the continuing upgrades that are being made to the elevators. Have a great day and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed March 29, 2013

Time share and time wasted. We went to listen to a scpheel about the RCI Time Share program. The sales person was very clear and friendly and the presentation was brief enough, 60-75 minutes. The model rooms were very nice. The rest of the place was a dump. Elevators, a modern convenience of our time took FOREVER. Some new design where you request the floor and the monitor tells you which car (A-D) to wait for. And wait you will. Once inside, it will take you to the floor that you requested before you boarded... The buttons on the inside were covered with sheet metal? The 27th floor was oddly arranged, 2703 was next door to 2717, the window in the hallway overlooking Atlantic City and the ocean was filthy, smudged and greasy. The room was appointed with a small kitchen and supplies that were unappealing and questionable. There was a dirty towel in the kitchen sink and another on the bathroom floor. It felt like a Motor Lodge, not a hotel. The beds were comfortable enough; the bathroom was very nicely decorated, recently updated. The room smelled of bleach/cleaning supplies when we entered. The balcony had bird crap on one side that was clearly visible from inside the sliding glass doors. The staff was very friendly and helpful. Checking in and out was quick and easy. I would highly recommend staying at ANY of the casinos...

4  Thank Chris W

Hello,

I am sorry you did not get enjoy your overall experience with us. Taking out of that, I am glad you enjoyed the beds and decor of the room. Unfortunately those pesky seagulls can strike at anytime and one quick phone call to our housekeeping department and we can take care of that for you. If you do return to us, anything you may need taken care of our staff is more than happy to assist you with. Have a wonderful Summer!

Reviewed March 28, 2013

Super Storm Sandy changed the landscape of the Jersey shore forever October 2012. While Atlantic City didn’t suffer the brunt of the storm, evidence of its destructive power can be seen all around the Fanta Sea Resort (also called the Flagship). Sand forced inland by the waves can still be seen in streets and parking areas while structures have been torn down leaving vacant lots. Fortunately, the Fanta Sea Resort itself shows no signs of damage and is in fine shape!
The Fanta Sea is located on the far north end of Atlantic City right on the Absecon Inlet. We could see the remnants of the boardwalk torn off its pilings along the Inlet waterfront. The surrounding area is currently rather desolate with virtually nothing else around it. It is NOT downtown, don’t expect Las Vegas east here! Free Shuttles and Jitneys (fee) abound to take you where the action is if that is what you are looking for.
From March 15 through March 22, 2013 my sister and I shared a two-bedroom/two bath suite (timeshare unit) on the 30th floor (Unit 3001). The suite also includes a good-size living room/dining room/kitchen combination. The kitchen does not have an oven, but does have a full-sized electric burner cooktop, a dishwasher, refrigerator and microwave along with everything one would need to prepare and eat in-room meals. However, if you want to eat-in but not cook, there is an on-site restaurant and a Pizza Hut franchise to order from or to dine in of the 7th floor. The hours vary and we didn’t eat there.
Our rooms faced north and east with almost floor-to-ceiling windows in the living area and second bedroom. There are walk-out balconies off the living area and second bedroom as well. From our vantage point on the 30th floor, the views were spectacular! We could see downtown Atlantic City with the casino lights to the south east and Brigantine Island to the north. I could have spent hours watching the water fowl and various boats! Gorgeous sun rises and sun sets, can be seen from the balconies.
Our unit appeared to be recently remodeled and everything was clean and modern. We only had one minor maintenance issue with a tripped circuit breaker for the cooktop and a service employee arrived within 5 minutes on a Sunday night to take care of the problem.
We spent a lot of time in the very spacious, very clean indoor pool and spa. Most of the time, it was just the two of us, but even on the weekend when there were 6 people in the hot tub, there was plenty of room for even more. Since March in New Jersey is definitely not “in season”, we did not spend any time on the sun decks and the outdoor hot tubs were not available.
A nicely equipped exercise room had several treadmills, bikes, ellipticals and weight machines, with floor to ceiling windows, all over looking Absecon Inlet. It was easy to get in my miles with the ocean/island views!
Thoough we didn’t use them, other areas of the resort offered a game room with many electronic games, a craft room for kids, a massage service and a very comfortable movie theatre.
For all those who posted negative reviews, I have to wonder where you stayed because I didn’t see any of the things you are complaining about. And the elevator “problems” were non-existent, even during check-out rush hour. But, just to be very clear, we DID STAY in a 2 bedroom timeshare exchange unit, maybe some of the “hotel” rooms haven’t been upgraded yet.
I don’t want to gush too much but the people who work at the Fanta Sea Resort are the BEST! From check-in to check-out, EVERYONE was friendly, cheerful, prompt, polite and eager-to-please! I can’t say enough good about them! I’ve traveled all over the world and stayed at 5 star hotels and the staff at the Fanta Sea Resort is FANTASTIC!
It was a great week and my sister and I are already planning on returning this fall!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
4  Thank kb51kw69
Daniel H, Front Desk Supervisor at Flagship Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 1, 2013

Hello,

Thank you for your rave and detailed reviews. You did such an excellent job describing all the intricacies in our resort! We look forward to having you back here in the fall. I would suggest visiting the Blue Water Grille on the 7th floor, you can enjoy a great meal as well as some of the best views in town. Thank you again for making the trek out to the east coast and we will see you soon!

Reviewed March 26, 2013

I used to love traveling to AC and staying at the Flagship, I going to find a new spot. I'm a New Yorker and don't really like to drive , flagship is far away from all the other casinos. Before they offered a shuttle that would take you to casinos. Now the shuttle is just for owners !! That sucks because we came to AC and didn't rent a car because we thought we would have a shuttle ride. Why only offer this service to owners ??? Especially knowing hotel is far this is going to make people STAY AWAY. Even if you rent a car I bet there are places that are closer and worth the money. Oh and now when you ask anyone a question the first thing they say is " ARe you an owner" .. Come on ppl with this though economy you are only going to cater to OWNERS!!! Plus If I were going to buy a timeshare I would not buy it here !!!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank jas976

I would like to start by thanking you for your past patronage. We do appreciate all of our guests here at The Flagship. Unfortunately the shuttle is an additional amenity that is for those who own timeshare with us, or exchange from another timeshare through our resort. I know the cold weather makes the 5 block walk to the boardwalk a bit harder, but in addition to the weather warming up, the Jitney stops on our back corner. We hope to have you back again!

Reviewed March 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed March 15-17 2013. The effort is there but they need to try a little harder. We came down for the sales pitch and stayed Fri to Sunday. I wouldnt choose to stay at this hotel. Price may be good, but it is dated. They have made some upgrades but it needs more. The carpet is newer, they do have flat panel TVs. In our room the heat didnt work, the rods to pull the curtains were missing, the drain in the tub was VERY slow, the spreads on the bed were just old. The room wasnt cleaned Saturday by Housekeeping. We called and they sent someone to clean at 7pm. We didnt buy the timeshare. I wanted to put a rating of Average Minus. We didnt have to pay for parking. Everyones taste is different, but we wont be back here. Its not located in a slum as I have read by others.

1  Thank FitzD

Thank you for your taking the time out to review our resort. We are continuously upgrading the units at our resort and efforts to make all of our guests as comfortable as possible. If you have any questions on those renovations feel free to contact us at the resort, or simply come re-visit us!