“NYE 2013” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #17 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
Jersey City, New Jersey
“NYE 2013”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

The Flagship was a good choice and good stay for the one night that I spent in Atlantic City. Which happened to be New Years Eve 2012. I found it to be a bit too expensive for the quality of the hotel experience. However, considering the location and that it was indeed New Years Eve, I cant really complain. My friends and I only stayed there for the night - and we weren't in the room most of the night. But from the looks of it, this hotel is meant more for families looking to spend a few days down the shore. And it really is right on the shore line. Its a good choice for those who dont want to overly spend money on the five star hotels, but dont want to stay in lower ranked motels either. With that said, I still feel this hotel is a bit overpriced.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
2 Thank Nat C
Daniel H, Front Desk Superivsor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 7, 2013
Happy New Year from the Flagship and thank you for spending the holiday with us! I would invite you and your friends down to spend a few days with us during a time less hectic than New Years Eve. i trust you will see that the experience is well worth the price per night.

Front Desk Supervisor

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (188)
toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 3, 2013

was here for 7 nights over xmas i liked it very much, me and my partner had great time. They offer alot of activities to do in the resort, plus shuttle to casinos and boardwalk the driver omar the GREAT is a great and helpful guy hope he stays with them for a long time the overall the the rooms are great queen beds nice size rooms i was on then31st floor great view of ocean and city. I will be back for sure this year maybe a couple of times, i hope they give me a high room again. If you get a chance stay with these guys they are very helpful with anything i rate this as excellent
Thanks for the stay guys
Gary.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank gary3636
Daniel H, Front Desk Superivsor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Thanks for the review! We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and I would recommend giving us a call before your next stay so we can try and make that nice high floor a possibility for you. I hope to see you again and have a wonderful new year!

new jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012

Nice well kept hotel with plenty of street parking steps away from the door. Skip the $7.50 parking pass. BE AWARE OF THE DANGEROUS ELEVATORS!. Upon arrival, I did not know about the new elevators where you have to punch in your floor then it assigns you which elevator to go into. My wife, tots and I went into an open elevator upon arrival and found out there were no floor buttons inside. I walked out and the door closed on them. I tried to keep it open by sticking my hand the door but it buzzed and kept closing. So if it was a person getting stuck in the door, I wouldn't want to know what will happen. I lost my family for about 5 minutes because no one knows which floor the elevator is going to, and they have no buttons to request which floor to stop at. (30 floors). Even the maintenance worker couldn't tell me where it went. Luckily they were helped by fellow guest down a different elevator. There were no signs telling guest they had to enter the floor number before going in an elevator. This system is supposed to be more efficient but it was still slow and retarded. Other than the elevator issue, it was an enjoyable stay.

Room Tip: Choose low floor to avoid the dreadful elevators. I used the stairs all the time from the 3rd floor...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank puwit
Daniel H, Manager at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
We appreciate your honest feedback and are glad you enjoyed the accommodations at the resort. I do apologize for the confusion on getting on the elevators, the system had been implemented a few days earlier and all staff were briefed on the process and should have been familiar with the process. I can assure you that that everything is running smoothly and all personnel in the building are familiar with how it works. We hope to see you back soon and if we have cleared up the elevator situation for you, we could get you on a higher floor to enjoy those spectacular Atlantic City views!

Washington, DC
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2012

Good staff, very accomodating to our needs. The room was clean. The beds comfortable. Appreciated the free Wi-Fi, Plenty of free street parking. Thought the in house hotel restaurant was a little over priced. Beautiful view over looking the bay.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank mdrother
Daniel H, Manager at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 6, 2013
Thank you for your review and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your input about the restaurant and will take that into consideration entering the new year. We hope to see you again the next time you are in town!

Salinas, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2012

We stayed here the better part of a week on a timeshare exchange. It's not bad and I might even have given them four stars if they had not charged for parking. I think that really is bad. But at least the WiFi was free. This place is isolated. The Inlet was a sketchy place when I lived here in the 70's. Most of the old buildings have been torn down but remnants of the old neighborhood remained. New houses surround the Flagship but there are no stores or anything. You need to take their shuttle, a cab, a jitney or drive to go anywhere. Do stop by Tony Boloney's for a pizza or cheesesteak, only blocks away.

The room was fine, furniture a little dated but it was clean enough. I would rate housekeeping as sub-par because the forgot to stock things and we had to call down for them. The staff was always responsive, helpful and friendly. Everything worked in the room and it was comfortable with a nice view of the Absecon Inlet and the Marina. There is a mini mart that is so small it is like, why bother. The indoor pool is good and the fitness center is OK. Many other reviews mention the elevators so I will say that I never waited more than a couple of minutes and they move fast. Momentary weightlessness may be experienced. They say they are being upgraded. For the number of floors here it seems they could be slow when it is busy. We did not try the restaurant. In summary, I would stay here again but if I got another exchange in AC I would probably try it. We did have a very nice time here.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Raroach
Daniel H, Front Desk Superivsor at Flagship Resort, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Thank you for your detailed and honest review. In addition it is nice to see a west coast perspective on our property. Atlantic City in conjunction with the Casino Reinvestment Development Authority are working towards bringing small business and restaurants to the Inlet. I do hope you keep us in mind next time you get a chance to exchange!
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 18, 2012

Great place- one bedroom is spacious, well appointed. The staff is more than helpful. Seriously. They will do whatever to accomodate you.From the front desk to housekeeping- very delighted with the srevice. The chinese take-out two blocks up is outstanding- don't judge a book by its cover!

Room Tip: In my experience- best wifi reception is closest to elevators.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank steve m
I'm glad you could enjoy our accommodations and our service exceeded your expectations! That is what we strive for at the Flagship and we hope to see you again!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012 via mobile

The staff, very warm and welcoming AND greeted us throughout our stay. The room, very tidy. You never have to leave the hotel for anything, it offers so much, unless you want to gamble. The best view ever of the city and water. We stayed in room 2504, I absolutely want that room again!!! Thanks to hotel Flag Ship for such a wonderful experience!

• Stayed October 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for your review and we would love to have you back. As you experienced we have a multitude of beautiful views for our guests to enjoy. I hope to see you back here soon!