“Urine Mattress but great view”
Review of Flagship Resort

Flagship Resort
Ranked #14 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
BC
“Urine Mattress but great view”
Reviewed October 4, 2012

My husband and I stayed at the Fantasea Resort Sept. 22 - 29/12. Our unit had 2 queen beds. My husband and I both slept in a separate bed - I had the bed nearest to the window. All week I smelled a funny smell but I thought perhaps it was just in the carpet. The morning we were checking out, I stripped the bed (I always do this to save the housekeepers some work). I was nearly sick to my stomach when I looked at the mattress. There was a huge urine stain where I had been sleeping. There had been no attempt to wash or sanitize it. Obviously the staff had noticed it when they made the bed before we arrived and also on the Wednesday when our linens were changed. Could they not have even turned the mattress over? I was disgusted! I am not a fussy person, but that was over the top for me. Upon check-out, I told the girl at the desk about the mattress. She said "sorry" but did not seem overly concerned. As a result, I would not recommend this resort. (for clarification: I am 56 yrs old, do not have incontinence, and have not wet my bed since I was 3 yrs old.)

9 Thank BcLinda

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (202)
Reviewed September 30, 2012

My first impression was coming out of the parking garage and into a short corridor that smelled like a pet store. Then we went to get on the elevator, which took forever. After we arrived in our room, the smell of dirty ashtray was so over powering I had to open the sliding door of our balcony, which was tastefully decorated with white plastic chairs. The wall paper was falling off the walls, the cabinets in the bathroom were old and looked like they may fall apart at any given moment. Mildew and soap scum surrounded the faucets, I think you get the picture!!! Nice staff, nice views, just
needs some cleaning up!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank Mytrips222

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Williamsport, Pennsylvania
Reviewed September 25, 2012

Flagship, which is very reasonalbly priced, is at the very northern end of the Atlantic City Boardwalk. It has fabulous views of the ocean, the entrance to the marina and, of course, the casino skyline - all from our own private balcony on the 28th floor of this lovely 32 floor complex. Our spotless accomodations were most satisfactory, with updated features such as granite counter tops, stainless steel appliances and a very large flat screen TV. Every staff member we encountered was extremely friendly & helpful.

Room Tip: Request an ocean view on the highest level available.
1 Thank Carol S
Boynton Beach
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everything a couple would need and want outside of the hectic casino fanfare but near it.
Helpful friendly staff, clean with a great hot tub/pool/restaurant and many other amenities.
Our condo was just perfect but parking can be an issue with a large high auto

Room Tip: High floor ocean/inlet view
1 Thank Rockee7
Princeton, New Jersey
Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Flagship is a privately-owned resort that has a lot of character. First, regarding the elevators...they are spending 1.5 to renovate all the elevators, which is great, though considering you may be going up 20 floors....they were perfectly fine. Hot tubs on the pool floor outside were hidden, and we found them in the evening completely empty, and a nice totally private spot to escape to. Very comfy beds!
The new Revel Hotel is adjacent to this hotel, and they are finishing the new Revel Beach and the rest of that resort, too. This resort is the closest resort to the Revel, so if you ideally want to visit the Revel for gaming, etc., and its amenities/restaurants but not spend a fortune on a room, then come back to a nice quiet hotel next door, with large balconies and gorgeous views,
With the area currently being developed--that is the new pier, the new Jimmy Buffet's Margarativille, and the new Hard Rock, AC is definitely the place to be, You are right near it all right here at the Flagship. So go on over to the all the famous sites, and come here to relax, swim, and get beautiful peaceful views of the skyline and ocean.
My only real complaint is that they need to ensure that there is coffee in the room at all times. I reported this to the staff, and I am hoping that it will be remedied! Otherwise, this hotel is personal and a very good value for this pricey area. I also found a much friendlier staff than the rest of the AC area's hotels.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for peace and quiet and a gorgeous view of the skyline and ocean sounds.
1 Thank Lisa W
new york
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not really a 4. The rooms, view from high, and surf sounds are pretty good.
First time here, although I've owned a red week for a number of years. Maybe I was put in a good room due to my mentioning same to front desk. The parking garage gives the sense one is walking through a disused subway tunnel. I think that explains people's disgust. The other half of the block is vacant - park there.
Frankly, AC is close to Philly, a black town, so there will be more people of color around than say Nebraska. I'm ok with that.
It's away from the casinos, which is good for me. From up high the newer prefabs below look better than midtown AC.
Liked looking North and West over the Barnaget Inlet and listening to tide. The room is pretty good and the deck is designed for privacy.
One more thing: If you drive over toward the Borgota from AC Expressway and then diagonally across whatchamacallit Ave, you'll save time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bogman
Timonium, Maryland
Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were there over the Labor Day weekend, but checked out the second day rather than stay the whole time. Our decision was based in part on the poor overcast weather, but a huge factor was our dissatisfaction with the Flagship. We are Marriott Resort owners who traded points for this stay and the Flagship is a distant cousin to the Marriott chain of resorts.

The Flagship has 32 floors of units and we stayed on the 22nd floor. Anytime we wanted to go anywhere we had to plan on adding 20 minutes on either end of the excursion for waiting on an elevator to arrive. Crowds would form on each floor, waiting and waiting. We finally learned to jump on an up elevator because that was our best bet for travelling down to the ground floor -- once an up elevator had stopped at the last floor and started downward, it would frequently skip floors where people were waiting with the "Down" button lit. Really messed up!

I will say that the pull out couch in the one-bedroom unit was like sleeping directly on a chainlink fence. The linens were below par.

We had lunch in the Grill and my sandwich for $9.50 was dry and tasteless. My travel companion had the Cobb salad and enjoyed it. The cofffee was weak and also tasteless. The beer, OK.

We ran out of toilet paper in our unit and there were no extra rolls! We called down to the front desk twice and it took over an hour for them to get more rolls to us. The staff at the front desk were obviously taxed to their capacity; some managed to smile and be helpful in spite of it, but several were openly hostile to questions.

Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony but don't expect to rely on the pullout couch for any members of your p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family