“Excellent AC property” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #15 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Boynton Beach
“Excellent AC property”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 24, 2012

Everything a couple would need and want outside of the hectic casino fanfare but near it.
Helpful friendly staff, clean with a great hot tub/pool/restaurant and many other amenities.
Our condo was just perfect but parking can be an issue with a large high auto

Room Tip: High floor ocean/inlet view
1 Thank Rockee7

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (196)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 23, 2012

The Flagship is a privately-owned resort that has a lot of character. First, regarding the elevators...they are spending 1.5 to renovate all the elevators, which is great, though considering you may be going up 20 floors....they were perfectly fine. Hot tubs on the pool floor outside were hidden, and we found them in the evening completely empty, and a nice totally private spot to escape to. Very comfy beds!
The new Revel Hotel is adjacent to this hotel, and they are finishing the new Revel Beach and the rest of that resort, too. This resort is the closest resort to the Revel, so if you ideally want to visit the Revel for gaming, etc., and its amenities/restaurants but not spend a fortune on a room, then come back to a nice quiet hotel next door, with large balconies and gorgeous views,
With the area currently being developed--that is the new pier, the new Jimmy Buffet's Margarativille, and the new Hard Rock, AC is definitely the place to be, You are right near it all right here at the Flagship. So go on over to the all the famous sites, and come here to relax, swim, and get beautiful peaceful views of the skyline and ocean.
My only real complaint is that they need to ensure that there is coffee in the room at all times. I reported this to the staff, and I am hoping that it will be remedied! Otherwise, this hotel is personal and a very good value for this pricey area. I also found a much friendlier staff than the rest of the AC area's hotels.

Room Tip: Get a high floor for peace and quiet and a gorgeous view of the skyline and ocean sounds.
1 Thank Lisa W
new york
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

Not really a 4. The rooms, view from high, and surf sounds are pretty good.
First time here, although I've owned a red week for a number of years. Maybe I was put in a good room due to my mentioning same to front desk. The parking garage gives the sense one is walking through a disused subway tunnel. I think that explains people's disgust. The other half of the block is vacant - park there.
Frankly, AC is close to Philly, a black town, so there will be more people of color around than say Nebraska. I'm ok with that.
It's away from the casinos, which is good for me. From up high the newer prefabs below look better than midtown AC.
Liked looking North and West over the Barnaget Inlet and listening to tide. The room is pretty good and the deck is designed for privacy.
One more thing: If you drive over toward the Borgota from AC Expressway and then diagonally across whatchamacallit Ave, you'll save time.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank bogman
Timonium, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 6, 2012

We were there over the Labor Day weekend, but checked out the second day rather than stay the whole time. Our decision was based in part on the poor overcast weather, but a huge factor was our dissatisfaction with the Flagship. We are Marriott Resort owners who traded points for this stay and the Flagship is a distant cousin to the Marriott chain of resorts.

The Flagship has 32 floors of units and we stayed on the 22nd floor. Anytime we wanted to go anywhere we had to plan on adding 20 minutes on either end of the excursion for waiting on an elevator to arrive. Crowds would form on each floor, waiting and waiting. We finally learned to jump on an up elevator because that was our best bet for travelling down to the ground floor -- once an up elevator had stopped at the last floor and started downward, it would frequently skip floors where people were waiting with the "Down" button lit. Really messed up!

I will say that the pull out couch in the one-bedroom unit was like sleeping directly on a chainlink fence. The linens were below par.

We had lunch in the Grill and my sandwich for $9.50 was dry and tasteless. My travel companion had the Cobb salad and enjoyed it. The cofffee was weak and also tasteless. The beer, OK.

We ran out of toilet paper in our unit and there were no extra rolls! We called down to the front desk twice and it took over an hour for them to get more rolls to us. The staff at the front desk were obviously taxed to their capacity; some managed to smile and be helpful in spite of it, but several were openly hostile to questions.

Stay somewhere else.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony but don't expect to rely on the pullout couch for any members of your p...
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
4 Thank tricia356

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Bristol, Connecticut
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

My husband and I went to NJ to visit a friend on a whim. I realized that is was Labor Day weekend and would be hard to find a room. Most locations were sold out, but we were able to find a room at the Flagship on September 2, 2012. My father is an owner of one of the timeshares so I assumed it would be a good location to stay at. You know what they say about the word ASSUME?! This place is a joke. As an employee of property management, I understand things can go a rye. This was not that case, it was shear laziness for the cleaning.

The first thing I do when I arrive at any hotel is check the bedding. Bedbugs are running a muck through the U.S. right now and it's imperative to check all furniture, bedding and even wall sockets these days. I pulled all the bedding off the bed down to the mattress cover. I found long black hair all over the mattress cover. (I have light brown hair, just to clarify) There were huge stains on the mattress and drool marks all over every pillow. I called housekeeping immediately. The came up and I showed them everything. They brought up new bedding, and brand NEW pillows at my request. They were going to change out the mattress too, but that seemed like a lengthy and unnecessary thing to do. They assured me that anything on the mattresses were extracted. As long as I don't catch anything, it's fine. For all I know it could have been soda on the mattress, but the pillows were clearly drool marks. The bedding photos I did not upload because it was just too gross.

As for the photos I did upload...you will see 4. After all the bedding fiasco, I found TWO, previous guests face clothes that were hanging on the closed shower curtain and in the coat closet. How do I know they were not the hotels face clothes??? They were blue and green and hotels offer up white towels. Again, more black hair on the bathroom floor.

I turned on the water for the shower first thing the next morning. Between the force of the water pressure and the bad drainage, my husband was ankle deep in water after only being in the shower for 2 minutes. It was so bad, I was not able to take my own shower.

This place is just a mess. It's outdated and inferior to a lot of places I have stayed in the past. For $269.00 plus taxes and fees, I should have felt like I was in their luxury resort. Instead it felt like a 1 star motel in the ghetto. On top of the extremely high holiday charge...which is only Labor Day...they actually charge for garage parking. Only the time share people get to park for free. Because I stayed there for 1 night with my money instead of wasting my dad's owned unit for free...I paid extra. (This was comped back to me for a horrible stay. I want the rest of my money back, but I paid through Expedia.) The shuttles they have are only for timeshare guests as well, so you have to pay extra to take a Jitney around town.

The elevators take so long to get from floor to floor. We were on the 25th floor. Imagine the length of time to get from the ground up that high when the elevator stops for every floor. They have signs posted that they are upgrading and it is going to cost 1.6 million dollars to do it. Completely unnecessary to share that.

I complained to Expedia last night as soon as I got back home from my 5 hour drive. I tried to complain to the Flagship at check out, but the manager was not in yet at 9:30am. It was a holiday so I decided to call today. I waited 16 minutes before someone answered the phone to even direct me to the appropriate manager. No one was available because of check out time. I told the front desk staff that I wanted someone to call me back today. I also told them I thought they were so busy based on all the complaints they were probably receiving.

The reviews were spot on! I will never take a spontaneous trip again. Trip Advisor reviews are to live by!

Room Tip: We had a corner room facing the ocean and the strip. The view was nice and probably would have been...
7 Thank CLR-D29
Silver Spring, Maryland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 3, 2012

Overpriced. Marketed as a 3star hotel but more like a 1 - 2 star. Felt like staying at The Motel 8 from back in the day. If looking for a nice place, consider The Borgata, The Water Club or the new Revel.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank bolanosja
Huntington, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 30, 2012

Stayed here for one night and used it for a place to sleep.

Plus side: great view of the ocean, comfortable bed, pull out couch in living room worked well for young children, staff was friendly. Morning of our stay the elevators were all on line and were a non-issue (during check in the previous night there were 2 working and they were slow). Has a kitchen which could save you time and money for an extended stay.

Down side: Not in the best part of town, plan on extra time to take the Jitney to attractions you might be interested in. Pool is on the smaller side and of limited enjoyment for the kids. Rooms show signs of wear.

Room Tip: Avoid going on 6th floor to stay away from workout facility on 7th. Being across from the elevator...
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled with family