“After being reluctant after seeing reviews online, I was pleasantly surprised by the Flagship Resort!!!”
Review of Flagship Resort

Flagship Resort
Ranked #15 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed June 22, 2012

Well after much debating, I had narrowed down my choices for Atlantic City hotels down to four. Two outside of Atlantic City, the Flagship, and the Taj Mahal hotel/casino. After reading about the Taj Mahal hotel being distant from the parking garage, and after going there seeing many people lugging their stuff through the garage and casino, i was glad I did not choose that. I stayed at three different hotels during my NJ vacation, and was really glad the Flagship was one of them! I booked it the day of staying there, as I was that reluctant to stay after reading reviews, but I am glad I did. I LOVE balcony's and very few if any other hotel in atlantic City offered rooms with balcony's. That was the main reason I chose the flagship, I really wanted to have a balcony.

Many reviews mention the elevators, and I rode on three of the four availible ones, and they ran quick. Im guessing that fourth one was not fixed yet. There was a sign saying it was a 1.6 million dollar renovation. Anyway they were quick and usually the wait was a minute or less. When I was checking out, it did take several minutes to get one down to the lobby, but otherwise no issues. The restaurant was closed when we went, on a Wednesday night.

One of my major complaints about this hotel is the fees. When you get a room, you must leave a 100 deposit, if its credit card, it takes 48 hours after check out to clear and get back, mine took about 4-5 days. If you use cash, they send you a check a month later. So I am writing this after getting my deposit back, to make sure nothing happened with it. Other fees included 7 for parking, 50 if you did not clean your dishes from your room, and 20 for EACH towel if you take them from the pool area, and 20 for each towel if you take any from your room itself. I found it absurd you can't take towels from the pool area to your room, so you must completely dry off before leaving. You must have the person there check off that you gave them back. When my girlfriend and I decided to leave the pool, the lady was no where to be found and we waited 5 minutes before she came back to make sure she wrote down we returned them. She said you didn't have to wait, but I didn't want to spend $40 either by chancing it. What irked me the most is she saw us get out and was right next to the pool, and as soon as we start drying off, she disappears. I felt like it was a scheme to make money.
Regarding parking, it appearantly went down from 7.49 to 7 per day. When I first pulled in, I asked when do you pay, and they said ask at the front desk. I did and they said you pay when you check out. When I checked out, it wasn't mentioned at all, and I am not sure If I paid for it or not, so it was a bit confusing.

The resort itself has many things to do, so I will discuss some. We did not use the shuttle but it was operating. We visited the game room which has a good selection, two pool tables, a fun basketball game, and other arcade games. We spent a good hour there, and the prices were reasonable. We utilized the outdoor 7th floor two hot tubs, which was nice. It was misting outside at first, and it felt great on our face with the hot water. We really enjoyed it. We then went in the pool which was only 4 or 5 feet deep. I was expecting it to be a little deeper. It was a decent size, and only had a few people in it. This was near 8 when we entered, and from 8-9 its supposed to be adults only. The kids left at around 8:10. We left soon after. The water wasn't really warm and didn't seem heated, maybe slightly, but was tolerable.
The pool area itself was pretty nice and they were renovating one of the outside decks as it was closed due to recent painting.
The 7th Floor seemed really fancy and was really nice, as was the sixth floor.

Now for our room, We were given a room on the 32nd floor, which is the top floor. The balconies on this floor do not have anything over them, so its more open. There was two seats and a small table outside. We loved the balcony, it was a great size, and offered views of the bay and Harras and the golden nugget. Also visible was a small park close by. We liked our room, but it had a few flaws. I doubt it was one of the renovated units, but it was decent. The desk/tv stand combo needed painting as it was chipped and visibly in bad shape. The couch was really comfortable and black leather. Loved the rest of the room, decent size, nice dinner area with chairs. Another tv in the bed room. The bathroom needed some work, and the counter space was nearly non existent. There was no room to put your own toiletries.

The room was clean but we did find plastic wrap under the desk from a previous guest. Also the curtain had a burn hole, despite our room saying non smoking, and if you did smoke it was a 200 FEE for cleaning carpets. Again too many fees, every where you went. WE were very careful to clean everything, and even made the bed in fear we would be charged some fee for leaving the room to messy or something. The lamps were nice though, and there was plenty of lighting.
Overall we would stay here again and were happy with the accomodations. The rooms are a good size and for under a hundred bucks for the night, it was a great deal and a nice hotel. We always left by car as nothing is really close by, but the balcony and that view more then made up for the extra driving and not having breakfast offered by the hotel for free. I would stay again, as I loved the hotel and was really happy I gave it a try after reading the reviews. Just be careful to not do something that will cause them to charge you fees! Also My girlfriend used the dryer and it was extremely slow and took the full 45 minutes to dry what was 2/10 a load, so if you have a full load it will probably have to be run twice.

The staff seemed okay, although when we were leaving there was like 4 staff people in the garage doing a small task and one of them were smoking, while the nearby trash can was over flowing. Also the hallway from the elevator to the garage smelled horrific. It was better the next morning, but the night of our stay we literally held our breaths while walking through. Also it needs to be wider, as we got trapped when someone in a wheel chair wanted to come through. I say give it a try, its a great property and huge building!

Room Tip: Higher the floor, the better the view!
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mike M

Reviewed June 21, 2012

Me and my family just stayed here last week.The location of the hotel is great. It is right on the beach; it's not in the heart of Atlantic City but the oceanfront/view makes up for that. The valet and staff were both friendly. However, the parking is not well organized at all and if you are traveling with like a youth group etc. and are driving a 12+ passenger van;you will have to park your vehicle along the street instead of in the parking garage. Which can pose as a safety hazard, if valuables are left in the vehicle because the surrounding neighborhood isn't the best. Next, whenever we visited they were having flooding problems due to a pipe bust on the 18-25 floors and were only willing to knock off 10 USD for the inconvenience. It is not worth it, the carpet in the rooms are filthy. The pool was murky as well.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank Vidamarie N
Reviewed June 17, 2012

The girl that checked us in was rude when we told her we were not aware od a 100.00 dollar deposit.She only gave us the key and didnt give us a receipt for the one hundred dollars we put down, besides that I didnt let that ruine my good time. The other people around the hotels were very polite and as far as the maids, well I didnt have no problem with the one I had on my floor very polite lady.The frontocean view was amazing, I will definetly go back again for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Higher floors like floors have a better view
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 17, 2012

Great room and wonderful views. Only wish the restaurant was open every day.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed June 2, 2012

The resort was wonderful and the staff was so helpful and accommodating. The room I requested was exactly how I pictured it would be. The view of the ocean was beautiful, especially early in the morning. I can't wait to stay again and longer.

Room Tip: Higher rooms give better view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Carmen C
Reviewed June 1, 2012

the resort decor was outdated, dvd player kept coming apart from tv. the tub flowed w/water while taking a shower. there was no ovens, only a stovetop in room. my son could not play his
playstation because ther was no web key available.

Room Tip: ask for a room overlooking beach and pier area
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank jaylbrown
Reviewed May 28, 2012

First Check-in is 4:00pm and not a minute earlier. The front desk workers are very rude and need training! When we arrived at 2:00 pm and was told room not ready. We went to the 7th floor Blue Grill for lunch and the service was very slow. Went back at about 3:330 waited in line still no room. However we saw many people checking in just the the weekend receiving rooms. ??? Left property and came back at 5:30 and it took us 30 mins for them to FIND us a room. We were under the owners accomodations. This is how they treat the owners! We had a studio room , 2 queen beds and kitchenette for a week. GOOD NEWS......great view, relatively new furniture, and spacious. BAD NEWS....The bathroom had hair and dust in corner and the night stand had not been touched.(cleaned) I called house keeping. She came up with a cloth and a spray bottle and sprayed the carpet and the bathroom floor and and still did not clean the corners. No bath mats, cheap towels and linen on bed is worn. Refrigerator falling apart, ran very loud and the door shelves were broken. You have to call housekeeping for extra towels exchange, trashbags, cleaning producets etc and it take hours for someone to come and they only clean one a week for owners. The place is doing renvoations....some hallways are dark and this place has the slowest elevators It's only Monday and we checked in Saturday and I felt compelled to write this review. Very close to Boardwalk but it does not look safe to walk and I am adventurous. The Boardwalk on this end needs lots of repairs. This city is sadly still very run down except casinos. But even they are showing some signs of age. Parking fees can be pricey. We may take the shuttle bus a few days. I'll let you know how the rest of the week goes. I have stayed at plenty time shares and this is no Flagship! Not a dump but no Flagship. I hope the management reads the reviews and comments because they need need staff training. Housekeeping, Restaurant and Front Desk. C.W.

Room Tip: Ask for the renovated rooms!
  • Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple