“The best in AC”

Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Montville, New Jersey
“The best in AC”
Reviewed August 15, 2014

Since their complete remodel the service and accommodations are impeccable. We stayed two days this week and were overwhelmed to see what a difference from the old place.
Kudos to exec host Alan Korman and his staff.
The Chart House restaurant was a class experience and our waiter Tommy made the evening even more pleasant. We will be a regular going forward.

Room Tip: Small suites are worth the upgrade. Standard rooms are nice but smaller bathrooms. Still nice.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
4 Thank Joe B

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed August 15, 2014

The hotel looks great. The pool area is awesome. Playing the slots, nothing much was hitting. Seems like the slots were tighened up to not have much payouts. Most people that we talked with were complaining not enough winnings.
Stay away from slots and enjoy the hotel.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
3 Thank Joseph T
New York City, New York
Reviewed August 14, 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here and loved it. Only bad thing was the hotel room walls are paper thin.

I wish we had a room next to another wall or far enough that it was away from another adjoining room. Not only did we hear everything going on outside (which did not bother us much) but we heard the conversations from the people in the next room. Otherwise the hotel is clean and updated from what we saw in our room.

Starbucks really needs to stay open a little later as well as the pool. With competition across the street, Harrah's and Borgota they should keep the pool open late. Other than that, I'm half and half for returning again. Maybe if there's a good deal but until then I wasn't completely won over....

I would love to try and give them another shot, but only if it was free....I might even have to think about it...that's how I feel about this hotel, not luxury at all.

Just beware of your room and the customer service you receive.

Room Tip: Get a room awayyyyy from everyone.
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank MiissC
Dunedin, Florida
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I didn’t actually stay at the Golden Nugget but attended a private event at the H2O Pool Bar & Grill and I have to say that place was something else. The pool was magnificent and I liked the shallow pool where one can put their lounge chair in and relax. The bar was so close that it is easy to get a drink. The whole think overlooked the harbor which was a wonderful view; especially when the sun set. They say that they renovated the whole place costing about $150 million. It shows. Everything looked new and sleek. The employees were nice and attentive and if I were to stay overnight in Atlantic City, the Golden Nugget would be the place I’d go.

Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Dan K
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 13, 2014

I stayed here with a few friends and we had an amazing time the rooms and the services were mind blowing, the rooms had nice spaces as well as a good view we really enjoyed our stay really much. we did enjoy the Casino and drink after a day out in town, we did find it easy to get around so we did have trouble with that at all,Michael Patrick's Brasserie was a nice place to eat we did have some amazing dishes. H2O Pool & Bar Grill was one spot not to be missed we did spend most of our day times just relaxing out, please do not miss that out, and the last of all was the spa, as after the travelling we did trust you will not want to miss this place out the spa was out of the world, overall the hotel and all the things you need is under one roof so you cant go wrong at all, by far one of my best stays in New Jersey. can't wait to come back but for a longer time,

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank kunaalpatel
Blackwood, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2014

My family and I had been loyal patrons of the Golden Nugget Casino and Hotel resort in Atlantic City, NJ since the time it opened as Trump Castle in 1985. Ever since Landry's assumed ownership in 2011, we have witnessed a steady decline in customer service and quality at this establishment. Most of the incidents have been relatively minor annoyances, but what occurred on June 16-17 was egregious enough to warrant this warning to other travelers, particularly those who are elderly and/or disabled.

In response to an offer for two complimentary nights at Golden Nugget, I called Casino Marketing on April 22, 2014 and booked a non-smoking, handicap accessible room to accommodate my mother who is disabled and was celebrating her 71st birthday on June 17th. I also reserved a scooter for my mother's use during our stay and the Golden Nugget representative assured me that one would be available for her in Valet Parking upon check-in. However, when we arrived on June 16th, there was no scooter reserved under her name. Fortunately, the valet attendant was able to locate an unreserved scooter for my mother's temporary use, but upon check-in , the front desk attendant had to scramble to prepare the paperwork, and it became quite clear that the scooter had not been properly reserved to begin with.

Upon check-in, we were assigned to Room 1502 which we were told was non-smoking and handicap accessible. However, when we arrived at the room, we discovered to our dismay that the only handicap accessible feature was the extra wide front door (the interior of the room was a regular, non-accessible room). We immediately contacted the front desk and after some scrambling, we were told that the only handicap accessible room available was 902, a smoking room. My mother suffers from a heart condition and other ailments and should not be exposed to cigarette smoke, but because we had made plans the next day to meet with relatives to celebrate her birthday, we reluctantly accepted Room 902.

After arriving at Room 902, we discovered that the entire room wreaked of cigarette smoke and that the TV remote control and hairdryer were missing. However, these problems paled in comparison to what would happen later that evening when I took a shower in the bathroom. Upon pushing back the shower curtain, the entire curtain rod fell and struck my back. I tried to replace the rod near the top of the ceiling, but discovered that it was cut far too short to fit securely in the opening at the top. I immediately contacted the front desk to inform them of the incident and approximately 20 minutes later, a very bored and seemingly uninterested Dominique Burrows from Security arrived at the room to take a report (although I have never been provided with a copy). Mr. Burrows then alerted the Maintenance Dept., and Jason arrived shortly thereafter. Jason confirmed that the curtain rod had been cut far too short to fit securely in the opening and stated that it actually should have been screwed into the wall. Jason took the faulty rod with him and after about 30 minutes, he returned with a new rod which he had cut to fit appropriately in the opening. It was nearly 4 am by the time the problem was completely resolved and as a result, my mother and I were late meeting with our relatives for her birthday celebration the following day. To make matters worse, housekeeping never arrived to clean our room that day and absolutely NO ONE (from Guest Services, Security or otherwise) contacted us to follow up about the incident.

IT IS BAD ENOUGH THAT A FAULTY CONDITION OF THIS NATURE WAS ALLOWED TO EXIST IN ANY GUEST ROOM ATGOLDEN NUGGET, BUT FOR THIS CONDITION TO HAVE EXISTED IN A HANDICAP ACCESSIBLE ROOM IS AN ABSOLUTE OUTRAGE! HAD THE CURTAIN ROD FALLEN ON MY DISABLED MOTHER, SHE COULD HAVE LOST HER BALANCE AND FALLEN, SUSTAINING SERIOUS INJURY!

Needless to say, I have alerted all of my friends and family NEVER to patronize Golden Nugget in Atlantic City ever again and now I am alerting the public. My letters to Tilman Fertitta, CEO of Landry's and Golden Nugget's Guest Relations Dept. in Atlantic City regarding this incident were completely ignored, making it quite clear that Golden Nugget has VERY LITTLE CONCERN for its elderly and/or disabled patrons. At a time when the Atlantic City resort industry is suffering so greatly, Golden Nugget truly cannot afford to lose any customers at all. If things do not improve very soon, Golden Nugget will undoubtedly follow in the unfortunate paths of Atlantic, Showboat and Revel.

Room Tip: Do not stay here if you are disabled and/or over the age of 60!!!! They only care about the millenn...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
14 Thank Alice H
Bayville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 12, 2014 via mobile

Decided to go for a over nite stay on a monday . They bumped us up a grade to a suite , which was Beautiful! Clean & Fresh! We were shocked on how the room was! We ate at The Michael s Restaurant , which I had the spinach salad!! Yummy all the way!! My Boyfriend had the rueben , was so big and fresh cut fries( real potato's) after dinner we played some slots & drank a few cold mich ultras . Went to the suite about 10 pm. The King size bed was like sleeping on a great Big Marshmallow!!! It was wonderful! We will be returning again in the future!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends