“Great mini vaca”

Ranked #9 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Naples, Florida
“Great mini vaca”
Reviewed August 9, 2014

We stayed two nights at the GN we loved it. Friendly staff, beautiful room over looking the bay. The hotel I a 5 min ride by jitney to the beach and other casinos. Very easy to get to the Harras casino and the borgata casino.
The hotel over looks the marina and is actually connected to,the chart house restaurant.
There are several very good restaurants within the the hotel. Lilly's is one of our favorite.
We did enjoy the chart house happy hour with $3 beers and 4,5,6 appetizers from 4-7 Monday through Thursday. They were excellent.
We thoroughly enjoyed this hotel and highly recommend it. Room was spotless, the staff was excellent. Bathrooms were ultra modern. There was nothing bad to say about this hotel experience.

Room Tip: Get the upgraded room it is worth the extra money.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank beakie5

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Finnish first
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 8, 2014

The Golden Nugget has fabulous luxurious rooms and fantastic eateries to choose from. Their slots are fun and you can win some money. You can always get a cocktail without looking for a waitress and they're very upbeat. The rewards personnel are very polite, friendly and helpful. Now lets get down to the restaurants OMG!!!! We have Chinese, Buffetts, Italian. Vic & Anthony's Steak House and lets not forget Chart House. The food in all the above listed restaurants are above average - I've eaten at all of them. Once you sign up for a card and play a little the rewards keep rolling in. Free rooms, free buffetts, free slots and free gifts. My son treated me to the Chart House and the staff are very attentive and friendly. The food was fantastic like it came fresh from the sea and the view was great. Please go visit
Golden Nuggett you won't regret it. I'll be back there on Sunday - SMILE!!!!!! It's located on the Marina not downtown. I like the area myself.

Room Tip: I liked all of my rooms
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with friends
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 6, 2014

The room I got was nice which provided a view of the pool area. It was clean. There is a sofa for you to relax. I called to request for additional towels and it came in 10 minutes which is pretty good. This hotel also have a nightclub. It is a great place to go if you just want to have fun w. your friends and not be in the casino area.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank An93lbabu
Sicklerville, New Jersey
Reviewed August 6, 2014

We stayed this past Sunday night. First time in a long time and seems the whole place has gotten a major upgrade! Beautiful furnishings and decor. Our room was on the 21st floor and had an amazing view of the bay and pool/bar/jacuzzis below. Breakfast was at the restaurant on site but not the buffet. Our waiter was French (i believe) and was very attentive. Delicious!
The pools with fire pits and view from that deck was incredible. I also won on slots!! Highly recommend to anyone coming down to AC

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Erica C
Old Bridge, New Jersey
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

We had amazing massages and a great dinner at The Chart House but we were awakened by some idiots in the hallway @4:30 in the morning that were drunk and security had to come up. I will definitely go back with my husband because my friends and I had a good time it was just unfortunate that our stay was disturbed by insensitive guests.

• Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Mimi10281960
Reviewed August 5, 2014 via mobile

Check in time is 4pm. When we checked in at 4 we were told the room was being cleaned they would call when it was ready. I am handicapped and had left home in time for 4pm check in because I was told my preference could not be met unless I checked in on time. At 5pm I returned to check in area and was greeted by a very rude woman that said she couldn't tell me when my room would be ready that they would call me and I am and insulin diabetic and my meds are with the valet check in with all my belongings. It is no 6pm and still no call this is the most rediculous thing I have ever dealt with in AC!

• Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Nadean C
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed August 5, 2014

I recently stayed at the GN from July 28th-Aug 1st. I must say this hotel is 1 of the top in Atlantic City. No other hotel had a pool like GN, this played a BIG factor in my choice for staying here. This hotel was very clean and well kept. No matter what time of day it was there was always a security guard standing by the elevators that you had to show your room key to in order to get upstairs. This left me with a great sense of security and safety. We ate at a few different restaurants, the food seemed average as well as the price. Only downfalls I came across with GN was that the walls are super thin and the hotel wasn't that big. We heard the convo of our neighbors throughout the night, as well as the elevators going up and down all night. Compared to other hotels we visited upon our stay, the GN was very clean and had outstanding service. I would stay here again, but I would rather stay at one of the larger hotels with more slots and be on the boardwalk since thats where we went everyday.

Room Tip: Ask for a room away from the elevators and a higher floor to escape some of the hustle and bustle go...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends