“Front desk/lobby terrible service + walls are paper thin!!!”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Kinnelon, NJ
“Front desk/lobby terrible service + walls are paper thin!!!”
Reviewed May 4, 2014 via mobile

Just arrived back home from staying at this hotel. Upon arrival the hotel is very nice, newly updated. Got there around 1:30, an neither of our 2 rooms were available, gave them our phone numbers and they said they'd call when available. Finally around 3 one room became available. Waited very patiently until 4 (actual chef in time) and 2nd room was still not available. Finally went to complain where Mariah gave us such an attitude because apparently requesting rooms "close to each other" meant they are going to give us rooms right next to each other which is why the room wasn't ready. 100% unacceptable to keep us waiting when other rooms very close were ready. Requested to speak with 2 managers, after the first one failed to do anything and even offer an apology. 2nd manager gave us $25 room credits, not anywhere close to a worthy compensation considering the rooms coat is $400 a piece but apparently we weren't high rollers enough for them to care.

Finally check in both rooms, rooms are clean, thankfully. Walls are paper thin. Arrived back at the room about 1:30am to hear our neighbors talking until 4am (hence walls being paper thin) finally called security who came up and spoke with them within 5 minutes which I appreciated, but didn't really help the situation.

All in all, and due to the location, they'll never see me back here as a guest of patron. I'll find another casino who appreciates the $400 a night i drop on a room.

• Stayed May 2014
7 Thank egeminigrl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (394)
  • Finnish first
Elmwood Park, New Jersey
Reviewed May 4, 2014

Ok so first things first. The rooms are absolutely beautiful and the bathroom is equally nice but that is the extent of the pros to this hotel. We arrived for check in around 10pm, absolutely no bell carts were available so that we could comfortably take our luggage to our room. I inquired about an upgraded room and the gentleman checking us in rudely told me that we were checking in too late for them to consider it. The casinos at the hotel are the worst. After taking a shower we discovers that the nicely folded towers were filthy and stained, we called the front desk and again was rudely informed by some woman that they would not clean our room because it was too late but would bring us another set of towels, no apologies no remorse no nothing. The walls are extremely thin and the people next door stayed up all night. The food at breakfast at the Buffett was cold. Needless to say there are others options, all the other hotels offer similar packages, do yourself a favor and stay somewhere else, we certainly will.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Jae_2250
Daleville, Virginia
Reviewed May 2, 2014

We arrived around 3:30 and tried to check in. Rooms for three of the five in our group were ready; leaving me an one other person to wait. We were told to check back in 20-30 minutes. No problem, we will get a drink and play a game or two. Checked back about 30 min later and neither room was ready; so we stored our luggage in a friends room, and met up with the rest of our group for dinner. After checking back two additional times my room still wasn't ready at nearly 8 at night. Finally a manager swapped my room out for one that was very close to what I had reserved. So this cost the first star for me

The room was very nice, and clean. My only complaint with the room and the reason I took one more star off my review was that the AC couldn't keep my room cool even when it was cool outside, It seemed to be on its last legs. It sounded like a mini fridge running.

My last complaint is over trying to get a drink in the casino. over a couple days I tried to walk up to the couple bars in the casino to buy drinks only to spend a lot of time waiting. Had the bar staff been faster I would have bought more.

All in all the place is pretty nice with good food available, but in my opinion not all that spectacular.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
4 Thank Dan m
Marlton, New Jersey
Reviewed May 1, 2014

Ok, so I will be adding a ton of pictures so that you can see various rooms! We have stayed in the Suites on the 8th floor known as Marina Suites. Also a Spa Suite, Mini Suite and regular room. Large bathtub in all rooms listed above except for the Spa Suite. The Spa Suite has a large jacuzzi tub for at least 3 peopl in the living room. All rooms are always clean and the decor is beautiful. There is only 1 tower at the GN but there are various named rooms. H20 will put you near the pool. Marina suites are usually end units on each floor overlooking the marina and they have a seperate bedroom. Be careful booking a handicap room - if you have a wheelchair this is a great room for you but otherwise, you may ask to switch. There is NO DOOR to the bathroom and the shower is just open with a drain in the floor and a shower curtain. Excellant for those who may need assistance but no privacy! Air conditioning and temperature control is a BIG issue. Usually the rooms are HOT, except for the Suites! Be warned, the regular rooms have sliding doors on the bathroom but you CAN HEAR EVERYTHING happening in there and it leaks quite a bit of light! Its rather annoying when someone gets up to use the bathroom while you are sleeping -- guaranteed you will wake up! All the regular rooms and Suites that we have stayed in have a bathtub except for the handicap mini suite. The toitletries in the Suites are Gilhcrest & Soames - MY FAVE but standard stuff in the regular rooms. If you can afford the upgrade to a suite -- BOOK IT ! They are fantastic. As far as availability -- you cant pay for them on the weekend and they are very difficult to acquire during the summer unless you are a HUGE player. They have a 4 card system for players. We are ELITE, their highest card and we cant get a suite on the weekend. They do have a chairmans club for chairman and elite card holders. Free for elite and $10 comp for chairman players. They always have pizza which is yummy and they have 1 pasta soecial every day. There is usually a hot buffet as well. Limited, but it does the job. Many restaurants and I have reviewed them so check out my other reviews but DEFINATELY visit Vic & Anthony's! SOOOOOO GOOD! I have a casino host here and he is AWESOME! Justin -- Thank you for eberything that you do. If you are a big player -- call ahead and ask for a host to help you. The staff on site here at GN are always great! They have the best HIGH LIMIT ROOM (slots) on the island! Handpays happen often. Review my photos. They split them up when they loaded so I described them so that there is no confusion. I will enter another review with more photos when we stay in other rooms here. Both Suites are 2 bathrooms and seperate bedrrom. Standard room is just standard. Mini suite is 1 bath. The last group is the Mini-Suite handicap room. If you are a player with a GN card that is chairman or Elite, use the VIP check-in. They do have a nightclub - HAVEN and it's usually rocking! There is always a long long to get in and I did notice that they have a VIP service. We dont do the clubs but I heard it's a pretty happening place! Lot's of slot's and enough tables to keep any player happy! Gift shops, stores and a little snack area with coffee, sodas, snaks and some drinks is open all night. The marina is great if you have a boat -- call ahead and ask about it. There is a STARBUCKS! Everyone needs to know that! They is the UP AND COMING in AC! We live close so we are in AC every week and we have stayed and played at them all. This is out new home! Better giveaways, better comp and cash back return, better pay outs, better rooms, better service ... and on and on. Grab the Jitney out at Valet and take a short ride over to the Outlets at the Walk. Bad news - Juicy Couture has closed. Jitney will take you just about everywhere so ask someone at the desk. There is Valet and the staff is great! This hotel/casino is at the end, near Brigantine - not on the board's so keep that in mind. OHHHH the best -- they have a roof top pool and jacuzzi's and they are open until 11pm! So much better than everyone else closing at 8-9pm! Also during the summer, there is also a bar as well as a few table games! Totally the place to be! They have private cabbana's for rent if you need them. Ask about the H20 Suites -- we have never stayed in them byt they open up right to the pool area! There are also 2 bedroom suites at the GN. We go as a couple, have stayed for business and have done the family thing and it all works! PS~ One of the only hotels/casinos in AC that has a great arcade for the kids/teens and there is Wine & WiFI -- filled with TV's lounge chairs & sofa's as wifi! Such a fab idea! NOTE -- ONLY PLACE IN AC THAT GIVES OUT FREE WIFI as far as casino/hotels!!! A MUST HAVE FOR US! There spa is gorgeos -- I gave reviews for that as well. Have a fantastic time and do yourself a favor -- STAY HERE!

Room Tip: Tips are in my review! Book a suite if you can -- definately worth the money! Suites are amazing. C...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Brandi L
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Reviewed April 29, 2014

Front desk staff and concierge were the friendliest I have encountered. Spotless room with great view. Large sofa with desk, modern coffee table and big TV. Breakfast was really good, a lot to choose from. Front desk staff and Concierge were the friendliest I have encountered. The whole place looks clean and new. The casino had a very cool look to it. The whole staff was pleasant and did a good job accommodating us. We will be back.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
2 Thank VKKing
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 28, 2014 via mobile

Great hotel the room was very nice I had the room looking into the city
No microwave but everything in the room was great
The jacuzzi was great it's located outside but the weather was nice when I got in
The hotel atmosphere was great
I would recommend the golden nugget

Stayed April 2014
3 Thank Pattie49
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed April 26, 2014

I first stayed at the Golden Nugget when it was Trump Marina, which at the time was my favorite casino in AC due to the comps they had been sending me for a period of time. This was back in 2006. Of course times changed however my love for Trump Marina didn't although the comps had changed. Fast forward to 2011-2012 when the property was sold to Landry's and became the Golden Nugget. I had stayed there previously under the current Nugget and they made it even better. They did a complete renovation of the place and improved the food. This trip was a little different, because I had cut back on my visits to the Nugget due to the Comps that I had received at the time from the now closed Atlantic Club. When they announced the closing of Atlantic Club the marketing team at the Golden Nugget hit Facebook with a promotion of customers of the Atlantic Club being able to get a tier upgrade for three months at the Nugget, which has since expanded to all AC Casinos. I of course took advantage of this figuring my comps would improve upon my return to their low tier status. I had made several day trips and in March started receiving comp rooms, which I went on April 4th. I got to enjoy the perks of being a higher tier player by using the check in line and was able to enjoy a nightcap in the Chairman's Club. The rooms at the Golden Nugget are amazing with the most comfortable in Atlantic City. For dinner I used my comp dollars that I had accrued over the past few months from my pit stops at Grotto, which is my favorite Italian Restaurant in the state of NJ. I didn't win however I had a ton of play on the slots. I'm looking forward to my next trip to the Golden Nugget even if I'm no longer at their top tier.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled solo