“I'll come back”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed December 23, 2013

This hotel was amazing! I stayed on a weekday 5/1-5/3 so the rate was really cheap and when i booked it on their website I was able to get an extra 25% off for staying two nights. Everything was new, clean, beautiful, exactly how the pictures look. The bathrooms were gorgeous! My friends and I are definitely going back there again it was a great gateway. Many people that saw pictures of my room were amazed because they said that the hotel used to look like a dump and were shocked to see it become so nice so excuse all reviews before the renovation. Even the restaurant were amazing, I never liked sushi until I tried it at Lillies its absolutely amazing. Must see!

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank Alex B
There are newer reviews for Golden Nugget

Reviewed December 22, 2013

It was our first stay at the newly renovated Golden Nugget. Impressive decorations in the lobby for Christmas, timely check-in, beautiful room. . Not a lot of people for a Saturday nite, except they were all in our hallway all night. I guess they forgot the soundproofing. Very noisy, doors slam, people talking etc. Very disappointing as far as that goes. The shower is also a problem, it has a double head which is nice, but the shower is part of the tub and the tub is deep. So getting in and out is a problem. No handrail to grab onto either. Also the door does not go all the way across and water splashes out. Really beautiful bathroom, but again poor way of doing it. Overall the room is a definite improvement over the old Trump Marina room that was dirty and way out of date. The bars and restaurants were all very nice. We had happy hour drinks and appys at the Steakhouse. Very good! Casino was beautiful also, no really bad odor of smoke, I liked that. The biggest disappointment was the valet service. They charge you $15, no comps and it is CASH only. That is a first that I have encountered in Atlantic City. Good thing I had a few dollars left from my stay. Overall 4 stars, with a little more soundproofing they could easily get 5.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the far end of a hall, so you dont have people outside your door all night.
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
5  Thank cheryl627
Reviewed December 16, 2013

Golden Nugget has been fantastically renovated and now offers world class casino experience. There are trendy shops and plenty of artifacts including a real gold nugget on display. The rooms are spacious and nicely decorated. The swimming pool and 4 hot tubs are located on the deck, adjacent to a bar. Between the bar and the pool area, there is a huge lounge area by large fire pit to keep the cold out in winter evenings. Immersed in water, the lights on the building facade is a sight to behold. Ask for a room either facing the city center or bay view / marina. If you choose a bay view room, opt for higher levels as the view from the lower level will be obstructed by the parking lot. Ask for a free loyalty card by producing your ID (international govt. issued ID is okay) which will come loaded with at least $5 play money. Don’t forget to present your loyalty card at the game tables to earn points for freebees. There were plenty of free drinks offered at the game tables. After an hour of playing, I had to refuse the free drinks. There are few things I did not like. The Casino is located at the north east corner of the city, far away from the boardwalk and other large casinos or the boardwalk. You would need a car to move around the city. When you drive into the city, look for the building and drive towards it. The directions to the casino on the city street are a bit confusing. With the loyalty card, the parking is free, otherwise, there is a parking charge. Avoid the food inside the casino restaurants, it is expensive! If you have a car, it is easier to avail great restaurants with reasonable pricing the city offers. I was there during the weekdays, and there were no shows available, but there are some shows in the weekends. Check out their website for the show details.

Room Tip: Opt for the higher floors.
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
5  Thank Kaustuv R
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 12/14/13. The minute you go in and up the escalator it is simply beautiful. If is totally redone and updated. Very 2013. The room blew me away. It was gorgeous. Pictures on their site do not do it justice. However, it is loud. We were in room 2410. We heard people all night through the hallway. In the morning the people next door to us coughed and coughed and we heard it all. The only place they skimped when remodeling was the sound issue. Bring earplugs if you want a good night sleep. Check in was a breeze. Probably one of the quickest in all of Atlantic City.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linjmit
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Golden Nugget, and I was very impressed with the decor. The room was very well-designed, and the bath was elegant. I had been a guest at the same hotel several years before, when it was the Trump, and I remember how faded and tacky the room was, and how lifeless and shabby the casino itself seemed. The entire building has been made over, and the results are stunning, in my opinion. I enjoyed my visit, and will certainly return again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank larigot
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I came here towards the end of November to celebrate my birthday. Upon checking in the rooms were not ready so we waited in the upstairs lounge. After about an hour I went back to check in.. my husband and I received an upgrade to a suite on the 16th floor. The room was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the buffet was very good. Chart House restaurant was the best. I like the fact that is was not overly crowded. I will have to agree with others when they state the walls are paper thin you can hear what's going on in the next room and the doors do slam. But, that was not an annoyance for me. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Golden Nugget.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shelly F
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night while in A.C.going to a concert. The room was modern,clean,and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel diner buffet was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com