“Totally new & updated but loud.”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed December 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed here 12/14/13. The minute you go in and up the escalator it is simply beautiful. If is totally redone and updated. Very 2013. The room blew me away. It was gorgeous. Pictures on their site do not do it justice. However, it is loud. We were in room 2410. We heard people all night through the hallway. In the morning the people next door to us coughed and coughed and we heard it all. The only place they skimped when remodeling was the sound issue. Bring earplugs if you want a good night sleep. Check in was a breeze. Probably one of the quickest in all of Atlantic City.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank linjmit
There are newer reviews for Golden Nugget

Reviewed December 14, 2013

I recently stayed at the Golden Nugget, and I was very impressed with the decor. The room was very well-designed, and the bath was elegant. I had been a guest at the same hotel several years before, when it was the Trump, and I remember how faded and tacky the room was, and how lifeless and shabby the casino itself seemed. The entire building has been made over, and the results are stunning, in my opinion. I enjoyed my visit, and will certainly return again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank larigot
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I came here towards the end of November to celebrate my birthday. Upon checking in the rooms were not ready so we waited in the upstairs lounge. After about an hour I went back to check in.. my husband and I received an upgrade to a suite on the 16th floor. The room was excellent. The staff was very friendly and helpful, the buffet was very good. Chart House restaurant was the best. I like the fact that is was not overly crowded. I will have to agree with others when they state the walls are paper thin you can hear what's going on in the next room and the doors do slam. But, that was not an annoyance for me. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at Golden Nugget.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Shelly F
Reviewed December 12, 2013

I stayed here for 1 night while in A.C.going to a concert. The room was modern,clean,and comfortable. The staff was helpful and friendly. The hotel diner buffet was great. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled solo
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed December 10, 2013

I stayed at the Golden Nugget (since i heard that it was recently renovated and was the old Trump Marina). I checked in, and wanted to upgrade to a suite since it was my friends 30th bday (willing to pay more), they told me "you booked through expedia so there is nothing we can do for you" ; very rude. I said oh, i booked through hotels.com not expedia..they said "Sir that's not true.... i don't even know why we are having this conversation anyway you can't change it". I said how much to just pay for a suite now (forget about my current reservation with hotels.com). They said "if you were one of our more valued customers i would be able to do something, but since you are not, there is nothing we can do for you...." I am not the type of person that creates trouble, if anything, I try to go with the flow, but That COMPLETELY rubbed me the wrong way. I asked to speak to the manager, and he didn't even apologize initially until I pointed it out to him, how lackluster the customer service was and that i was going to write a TripAdvisor review.... These guys do not understand customer service works; I will never stay here again, and i really advise anyone reading this not to either. Not to mention, the rooms are Extremely tiny , and the sinks stink like sewer since they do not have a "u" pipe to keep out the smell.

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank MieNYC
Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I stayed here for only a day. We got a room in the 6th level with a beautiful view of the harbor. The room was spacious. The bath was beautiful. The shower had a dual nozzle and was well designed. I'll be back for sure.

Room Tip: Try to get one on the upper levels, the view is beautiful..
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Madhuvika
Reviewed December 5, 2013

My sister in law and I had planned a girls spa weekend at the Revel hotel a few months in advance and we were psyched. Upon check in at Revel we had nothing but difficulties with our Travelzoo voucher and they wouldn't let us use it. So after months of planning we had no where to stay, so I checked Priceline and we were able to score a room here for 30 bucks!!!! We couldn't say no. We drove over to the hotel and surprise the parking was free which was awesome (and I do not believe the other hotels in the area have that). When we walked into the main areas it seemed outdated and just old and dark. It was not a traditional lobby the check in area was relatively small and dinghy. The man at guest services was not super pleasant and I asked for any available upgrades and he said they were sold out. Which was not true because I looked on Priceline again when he was checking us in and they had tons of categories available. Once you head to the elevators you can see where they spent money on the remodel. The carpet was newer and the furniture was upgraded and bright. Like other reviewers mentioned the walls are quite thin and you can hear the 'action' happening in the other rooms. Our room was very recently updated and it was modern and clean. The beds were very comfortable and plush, I was pleasantly surprised at the room and the view of the marina. We ventured out of the room and we really liked the outdoor fire pits and the hot tub. It was a very cool relaxed setting. It was pretty empty too only a few people made use of outdoor areas. The next day we looked for places to eat for breakfast and there was not many choices just a quick serve that had sandwiches and a few croissants. Overall it was a fun weekend we had a good nights sleep and we enjoyed the pool and spa. For 30 a night it was a great deal, if I had to pay lets say a 100 for this room a night I wouldn't be as happy.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with friends