“H2O Pool & Bar was great” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Langhorne, Pennsylvania
“H2O Pool & Bar was great”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013 via mobile

We did not stay at the Golden Nugget, but we did have a wonderful day at the H2O Pool & Bar. We paid $20 each to use the pool and facilities. We also rented a poolside bed for $25 for the day. Good value as compared to anything else in AC.
The pool, 4 hot tubs and lounge pool were excellent.
The drink service by the pool was excellent.
The service for lunch was bad. We waited a very long time for our food to come out. The food was average.
Overall, we had a good day at H2O Pool & Bar.

4 Thank BAHuston3

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Albuquerque, New Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

We (I, my husband, and his parents) stayed here for one night. We had a great time at the casino, which wasn't too crowded or smoky. Our room was very nice, with a good view, and very comfortable bed. Wish we would have stayed at least another night.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
3 Thank Katherine T
Northern NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

As a disclaimer, I'm not big fan of Atlantic City and would never choose to stay in this area unless other circumstances dictated it, as they did in this case.

With that being said, the Golden Nugget has put together a beautiful new hotel. Not that I ever saw the old version of the this hotel (Trump Marina?), but the lobby, restaurants, shops and rooms are all brand new and look great. As we didn't spend much time in the hotel, I can't speak to much of the public areas but did want to comment on the rooms themselves. We had a king, non-smoking room on a floor in the 20's somewhere. Our room looked brand new! Marble countertops everywhere, new linens, furniture, big flat screen TV, room safe and fridge (no-minibar). Carpet had a splattered red juice stain on it but otherwise looked new as well. Temperture controls worked great - very accurate. Nice touch was a sitting are in front of the big window that had a great view of the marina. The bathrooms were fantastic as well. Bowl sink (hint: press down on the drain/button on the bottom of the sink to release the water), good counter space, blow dryer (no makeup mirror) and a fantastic two-headed shower with even better water pressure. Kudos to whoever designed the interiors of the rooms as the look and feel great. I can see where the $150 million renovation was put to good use.

Now for the down side. Once you get around to it, I found sleeping in these spectacular looking rooms to be a bit of a challenge. CHALLENGE ONE: the bed and pillows. Clearly the $150 mil did not include new matresses. Ours was as mushy as can be - could be your thing, but wasn't mine. The pillows on the other hand were very (very) firm. That combined with the mushy bed made for very odd sleeping position. I managed to pound at bit of flatness into the edge of a pillow to try to level out my body just a bit but it was still an uncomfortable position. CHALLENGE TWO: the total lack of sound proofing. Just as I settled into my right angle sleeping position, the couple in the room next door arrived a bit drunk and chatty and their conversation could be heard pretty clearly right through the wall. Not word for word type of clear but loud enough that it couldn't be ignored. Then later in the night I was woken up by two or three "louder" conversations from the hallway. These conversations could easily be heard word for word and quite frankly, it felt like these people were standing in my room. The last blast came around 6am when the couple next door got a phone call. I literally rolled over and picked up my phone thinking it was an errant wake up call and got a dial tone, yet heard my neighbor's phone keep ringing until I heard him say "hello". Hoofa! Long night.

One last quick downside, check-in was painfully slow. Big line, two front desk clerks (who were very nice) = unhappy guests.

Anyway, I can't trash the place as they did do some great things here and it looks beautiful. They just need to find a way to do some better soundproofing if they expect anyone to get some shut-eye here.

Travel safe,

Sulu

Room Tip: Ask for flatter pillows or a firmer mattress at check in if you like to sleep horizontally.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Sulu
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 28, 2013

Our king size bed bay view room cost was $500 for a Saturday night. We arrived at 7pm. The valet rushed us through parking. If you are carrying luggage and need to use the elevators it's a maze and half the hotel staff cannot direct you- they sent us on a wild goose chase twice. Khalida in room service didn't have it in her to be polite while I ordered my omelette. Don't order loaded Nachos at The Deck- the horrible.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank 3448
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 27, 2013 via mobile

I have been going to the GN , in Atlantic City for several years. I go for 3 nights in June, July, & August. It's about time I write a review to tell everyone why I keep coming back. Newly refurbished, updated, & decorated. The rooms are clean & comfortable. The restaurants are top notch, delicious food. Good drinks. The Chart House, Vic& Anthony's is stellar. The H2O & Pool bar is my favorite, since I go to the pool most day, & eat & drink there. The pools (2), are refreshing, 4 hot tubs & 2 fire pits, is just the icing on the cake. It's open until 11:00 PM. My boyfriend & I must come here to relax, & unwind. We love it. Rates are also reasonable. Special person at the front desk to deal with is Gina M. on the day shift. She will do anything she can to treat all guests special. Keep up the good work.

2 Thank suzettestravino
Morrisville, Pennsylvania, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 26, 2013

Me and my fiance wanted a few days away to celebrate our Anniversary. We got an excellent rate here so decided to give it a try. We were not to thrilled about not staying on the boardwalk but once we walked into the hotel and got to our room, we were thrilled! No only was the room beautiful, clean, and huge but then hotel itself was amazing. It was quiet and relaxing. The dining option aren't the best but has many options in walking distance. The views from the room top pool of AC were beautiful! Definitely returning soon!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Janelliz B
Bronx, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

They got it right at this hotel. They have managed to blend old AC and new AC together and make it work. Loved the pool. And haven night club. The blackjack especially poolside with a DJ was the best. Hoping to get a poolside room next trip

Room Tip: I will admit the walls are thin. They also need more cashiers at the casino
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple