“A Great Weekend at the Golden Nugget!”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 18, 2013

Golden Nugget is Top Notch!!!. The staff was helpful and accommodating. The new design of the rooms very classy!! Great restaurants and one of the best features is the awesome Pool on the 6th Floor! The H2O pool area is absolutely incredible, with an awesome view overlooking the marina! Highly Recommend!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Gam1023
Write a ReviewReviews (1,414)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

She stayed at the Golden Nugget for 3 nights. It ended up being cheaper to book directly thru the hotel rather than a 3 rd party site which was great ! We also added the VIP package for $35. Check in was still extremely chaotic (and we were in VIP check in I can only imagine what regular check in is like ). Really the only perk to the VIP package was free parking. We didnt receive turn down service and the free spa services were silly. You could go into the lobby of the spa or the hot tub / steam room , however they are NOT co Ed so needless to say my romantic weekend w my boyfriend didnt include the spa.

The rooms are nice and newly renovated. It's very sleek and comfortable ! As others have said the insulation is horrible !!! We could hear everything going on in the room next to us . What we found SO odd was there was not a fan in the bathroom !!! And no lock for the bathroom either. You can hear and smell everything going on in that bathroom if u know what I mean ! Ha !

The casino was a lot of fun , but we sure didnt win ANYTHING and I've heard not many people do.

Overall for the price it was a great stay. I think next time we will spend the extra $$ and stay on the boardwalk. With can fees and parking on the boardwalk it would have made it worth it for sure .

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank KristenM525
Reviewed July 17, 2013

My husband and I just got back from a weekend stay at the Golden Nugget. We stayed on the 14th floor in a Marina Suite. It was gorgeous. The room was very clean and the view was spectacular.
We arrived late on a Thursday and were hungry. We ate at the 24/7 restaurant. I think it was called Michael Patricks. The food was really good. The staff was friendly and the food came out quickly. We ended up eating breakfast there for the next three days. The cost was reasonable. We ate at Vic and Anthony's on Friday night. What an amazing meal! The staff was very attentive and the food was fantastic. They had the best bread pudding that I have ever tasted.
The most amazing place at this hotel is the H2O pool. This was the reason I booked this hotel. They have huge fire pits with couches around it. My husband and I went there every night and sat by the fire having drinks. It was very romantic and never crowded. The only down side was that it closed at 11 on Thursday and at 2 on Friday and Saturday. We did not go in the hot tubs but all three nights that we were there, there were only about 6 people in it.
We sat by the pool on Saturday since it was the only nice day. The pool area gets crowded but we were able to find seats. They provide towels so you don't have to bring your own. We ate pool side and the food was good. Definitely what I would expect from poolside dining.
We spent some time at the Rush lounge having drinks and listening to the one man band. It was very entertaining.
Overall, this was a fantastic time. I would recommend the Golden Nugget to everyone. I can't wait to go back!!!

Room Tip: Get a room facing the marina. The view is amazing.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank dhirstius
Reviewed July 17, 2013

After driving for 12 hours I was pleasantly surprise by the hotel and my room! Only problem they lost one of my bags until 11 at night but at least located it...the pool is very nice and the staff excellent too. I tried the buffet in the morning and have to say that it was definitely the last time I would eat there...( no fresh fruits: in syrup!) Overall I would go back it was good for the price.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Veronicapearl
Reviewed July 17, 2013

The rooms where great the service was so awesome my wife and I loved the room service breakfast they staff was friendly and I felt safe the staff at every private party met our need the view was awesome. my wife enjoyed the casino area and we ate their buffet order menu witch was a plus. the grounds where in full cleansing we recommend the nugget to any person wanting to stay and enjoy themselves we did so should YOU.

PAUL J HULSE
MEDIA/RELATIONS
NJOPPC

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Paul H
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Just like one of the writers wrote below my granddaughter & I went to the buffet tonight. We actually were one of the lucky ones that got there early enough that we only had to wait in line about 10 minutes. We barely got a table. There didn't seem to be enough wait-staff to take care of the tables. They weren't being cleaned off fast enough to take care of the amount of people coming in. Dirty tables everywhere. We went up & got our food and came back to the table & people were walking past us over & over again & no one coming to take our drink order. Finally we got one drink. The waitress apologized for giving us such a small glass but said there weren't any other ones. Then the lady on the side of us asked for an extra spoon as she had left her spoon on her previous plate & it was taken away. She was told by the waitress there weren't any more spoons. By that time the line was out the door, twice. I say twice because there was a line trying to come n & pay for their ticket and when they got done they had to wait in another line just to get their turn with the hostesses to find them a seat. At some point, someone called for the manager. Then the chef came out & I heard them say don't take any more people. I can only guess since there wasn't a lot of some of the foods at the buffet table, and now no spoons or clean tables maybe there wasn't any more food or at least not a lot of it. People in line were getting antsy. They could see there were tables for them to set but none clean. I've been there twice before & it wasn't like this and I would have given them a 5 rating but tonight they barely got a 3 from me. I didn't even hear any of the wait-staff apologizing for the situation. We wanted a 2nd drink, just water & soda, but the waitress didn't come around again. Not even to clear our 1st plates. It felt like the air conditioning wasn't on in there also. That didn't help anyone's mood. Very disapointing.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank j w
Reviewed July 16, 2013

Had a great time at the hotel. Staff was very professional. The new design of the rooms since Golden Nugget took over is a great thing. The rooms are very comfortable and have all the conveniences you need. Also the food at all the restaurants we were at was incredible.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business