I booked a room at Golden Nugget because I had a comp from my gambling rating. I booked a Friday night because I was going to a concert at another casino on the strip but wanted to stay off the boardwalk. I live 3 hours away and while driving realized I was going to arrive too late to check in before the concert. I called the casino check in desk and spoke to a representative at the desk. I told her we were running late and were going to need a late check in. She said that would be fine and asked what time I would be checking in. I told her I was headed to a concert so I wasn't sure. She said, "Can you give me an idea of when you expect to arrive?" I responded, "I should be there some time around midnight." She said ok. After our concert we arrived at the check in desk at 12:31am exactly. Upon arrival we were told that it was a holiday weekend and that because we didn't check in by the time we gave them they gave our room away. WHAT??? I was outraged. They then proceeded to tell me they didn't have any rooms and that there was nothing they could do. I called my host, the host on duty, and anyone else I could think of. My host never called back and still hasn't reached out to me. The host on duty also said there was nothing he could do. They told me I would not be able to stay there and that if I didn't leave the front desk they would have me removed. I told them I had no place to go and that I lived three hours away .
They said if I came back at 4am they would see if they had a room from someone that checked out early. I asked if I would have to check out at the regular time and they said YES. So basically they screw up and don't care. I asked if they could change the reservation to Saturday so I could check in at 4am and then sleep until whenever I wanted and get this...After waiting 20 minutes for them to see if they would give me a room they tell me if I want a Saturday reservation they can give me a room but I can't check in until after 5am because if I check in to a room at 4am it would be considered a Friday check in. So the room will sit empty for an hour because their computers don't allow a check in for Saturday until after 5am??? Are you kidding me? No brains to say, hey we screwed this up, lets put her in for a Friday and a Saturday stay so we can get her into her room asap??? As you can see by other posts it is a nice hotel and a great pool but it is not great when you have a problem. They just don't care. I sent them emails when I got home and never got a response. If you are going for a special occasion stay someplace else. You never know when you are going to hit traffic and if they are sold out they will sell you out in a second. I am not the first person to post about this issue so it is not just me that they did this to. On top of it they gave me a suite to compensate which was very nice but we found a washcloth on the counter in the bathroom behind a flower vase that had brown smears on it. The shower door was also broken so we couldn't shower until they sent someone up to fix it. Not good when you have been up for 23 hours waiting for a room. I don't understand how they can do that when you call to tell them you will be late. They said I told the girl I would be there by midnight and when I wasn't there they gave the room away. I never said midnight...I said some time around midnight. They didn't care and said there is nothing we can do. So if you are prepared to sit in the diner and eat $10.00 eggs while you wait five hours (until 5:30am) for your room, this is the place to stay. Otherwise take your special occasion or gambling money elsewhere. Not worth the aggravation.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Nugget Atlantic City, winner of the AAA Four Diamond award, is a premier resort destination located on the Frank S. Farley Marina and offers guests 727 beautifully remodeled rooms and suites. The entire property has just completed a $150 million renovation, taking on a fresh, modern look to include a high-energy casino featuring the most popular slot and video poker machines, table games, and poker room; nightly entertainment, new bars and lounges, stylish retail offerings, as well as Landry’s signature world-class restaurants such as Chart House and Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse; a luxury spa and salon; and H20 poolside lounge. New owners, Landry’s,Inc, have introduced first-class accommodations, exquisite dining options and fun-filled entertainment venues unlike anything else available in Atlantic City. The Golden Nugget has already established strong brand recognitionworldwide with locations in both Las Vegas and Laughlin, NV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Golden Nugget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Nugget Hotel Atlantic City
- Trump Marina Hotel
- Atlantic City Trump Marina
- Trump Marina Casino Atlantic City