“Funny Story (In retrospect)”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #10 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Deptford, New Jersey, United States
“Funny Story (In retrospect)”
Reviewed July 1, 2013

Our house became uninhabitable after a flood caused by a broken washer hose, so with 9 blowers and 4 dehumidifiers running full blast we opted to stay at a hotel and since we are not that far from Atlantic City I went online to find an inexpensive option. Since a friend of mine nearly always stays at the Golden Nugget and loves it there, I figured I would check them out. Well, I found a very good price and booked it immediately. We hit the road after saying goodbye to the water mitigation specialist and arrived around 9 pm. The desk clerk, Mark, could not find my reservation so I handed him my confirmation print out. He looked it over for a minute and then discovered what I had overlooked, I had booked us into the Golden Nugget in Las Vegas. Mark could not have been more helpful after that. He immediately got on the phone with Las Vegas reservation desk and after having to stay on hold for quite some time he was able to cancel or reservation there and get us a refund. Then he stated that while he knew he could not get the same priced room here he would see what he could do. Somehow, he managed to get us a GREAT room at a much lower than market price. After all the stress of the flood and everything else, it was wonderful to just relax in this room with it's fantastic view.

I look forward to returning to Golden Nugget under less duress so that I can take full advantage of all this place has to offer.

1 Thank Linda P

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
New York City, New York
Reviewed July 1, 2013

The hotel is impressive as you walk in. Valet parking was great Check-in was fast Great room, super clean. Amenities were beyond great. Room Service was great .The pool area is to die for. I will tell all my friends about it and plan to stay there again.

Room Tip: my room was on the 25th floor overlooking the pool area Great view of the pool and AC in general
New York State
Reviewed June 30, 2013

The Golden Nugget was a beautiful hotel - clean, comfortable rooms and reservation manager (V. Armstrong) was very helpful and accommodating. The elevators for the rooms were next to the check-in desk and a Starbuck's was close by, too...no need to wander through the casino to go to your room or get morning coffee. The casino was spacious and light (not dark like Revel) and not too crowded, making it easy to find a seat at the bar to play video poker (with comp drinks!) All employees were friendly and helpful. This hotel is not on the boardwalk - but that was just fine for me! (There is a hotel Jitney available to take you to the boardwalk) Highly recommend!

Bronx, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2013

I must say the quality, professionalism and courtesy care was most definitely top notch... All my questions and request were handle expeditiously and with genuine customer care... the staff, service and amenities were absolutely outstanding... I have already recommended GN to my friend and I, without hesitate, most definitely return... I absolutely adored my ritzy stay at the GN...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 29, 2013 via mobile

We came here for my bachelor party and our first stop the bar downstairs at the bar with electronic poker and Jim Bo (James) told us where to go for steaks and even got us reservations at the restaurant. I don't know if is just the place or if it is just by chance but a guy named Daniel was our room service attendant and he was amazing too. Gave us the details in where to go and what to do in the city. By service alone I will come back!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank jmoenyc
Somerset, New Jersey
Reviewed June 29, 2013

The Golden Nuggent provide me and wife a wonderful time while we were there for our weekend stay there. The Boat Show and food service was excellent along with clean rooms. The gambling was fun, and the service was great on the gambling floor. The people that I and my wife encounter while at the golden nuggent were nice and very professional and I cant wait to do it again next year with the Wound Warrior Project. Again a special thank you to Donna and the Golden Nugget for putting on such a special event for us Wounded Warriors!!! Lets not forget Tony from the Wounded Warrior Project that helps puts this all together for us wounded Warriors!! Thank you all!!

1 Thank oraziocastellana
Brick, New Jersey
Reviewed June 28, 2013

me and my wife had a great time at the boat show food was great service excellent clean rooms and of course great gambling which of course you never win but the service was great and the people so nice cant wait to do it again next years boat race with team gieco

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends