Golden Nugget
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Bally's Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
$45
$105
$80
  • Pool
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$49
$48
  • Beachfront
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$89
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$44
Caesars
  • Restaurant
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$83
$75
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$67
Courtyard
$66
Radisson
  • Pool
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
$159
Travelocity
1,446 results
All reviewschart housetrump marinafire pitrush loungegreat view of the marinapool areasliding doorself parkingcasino hotelcasino floorsaturday nightslot machinestable gamesgngrottovicboardwalk
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 22, 2013

I have done my homework for the past week looking at every hotel in the area and weighing the pros and cons and reading every review good and bad - so glad reviews are written--they really help. Very excited to stay three nights in AC - its been almost 7 years since we have been there. Decided on the Golden Nugget for a host of great reasons. In my searching out hotels my mind was on overload as you can imagine. So I booked a suite at the hotel (a jr suite) I used a booking agent though the prices were only a bit better - but I did get some coupons for dinners and such. I thought the room had a room just for the bed - then a room for living space - turns out I needed to book the Marina suite. I discovered this today after booking late last night - in which I paid in full for my stay. No biggie. But upon calling the agent to change my resv - I was told to just simply call the hotel and they could upgrade to the Marina suite that I intended to book in the first place. Yes, there would be an upgrade fee - no issues there. I called the hotel and explained my needs - there were many Marina suites available.... but after countless hold - I was told there was nothing they could do. So I asked for the manager to see why if rooms were available - AND I was happy to pay the upgrade fee - why I could not... after again a very very long hold. The same rep came back and said she spoke to her mgr and there was nothing they could do for me. Really? The manager did not even have the respect to get on the phone with me? The rep said I could "try" when I checked in --- and MAYBE -- but it would cost another 100.00 per night -- what? The GN site shows the Marina suite available for only 50.00 per night then I paid for the JR. Suite... but again --- that was all still a maybe. Geeez. I really hope this is not a precursor to our stay - I was so happy to get some time off work and enjoy.... now not so sure with that type of response from the staff -- will follow up after stay - but already disappointed....

Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
5  Thank jbgreen1717
Laura P, Director of Marketing at Golden Nugget, responded to this reviewResponded June 24, 2013

The situation that you found yourself in when arriving at Golden Nugget is not acceptable in our terms and we would like to remedy this if you are still on property. Please call our Front Desk at 609 441 8101 and please ask for Vicki. We hope you enjoy the rest of your stay with us.

Reviewed June 22, 2013

My husband and I have been to just about all the casino's in Atlantic City. Recently we stayed at the Golden Nugget on an over night comp. First we met the most wonderful Natalie at the front desk. Check in is usually at 4 and we got there at 12. No problem said Natalie. I told her it was my birthday and she gave us the most amazing room on the 26th floor. Amazing view of the Marina and ocean! The room was absolutely the best, tastefully decorated, flat screen and the most comfortable bed with these to die for pillow's! Had the best night sleep. All thank's to Natalie and her magnetic personality, so welcoming.
With this all being said, this hand's down is one of the easiest and least confusing casino's that I have had the pleasure of staying. Parking is great, right to elevator, right to front desk, no long hallway walk's. Casino is right there, shopping and plenty of affordable dining. We even took the Jitney right in front of the casino for 2.25 per person. Take's you all around AC.
In closing, The Goden Nugget in AC defintely has the consumer's back with ton's of comp's for the working man or woman, no string's attached. I give this casino and NATALIE 10 star's!

Mrs. Kimberly Troia

Room Tip: Ask for Natalie
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Kimberly T
Reviewed June 21, 2013

My husband and I were pleasantly surprised with the room renovations at The Golden Nugget which were very comfortable with a lounge for reading or watching TV. The pool area includes 4 hot tubs, a swimming pool, and a 5 inch sunning pool with chairs to sit in while keeping cool. There is a bar behind the pool area where 2 awesome fire pits are lit in the evening (There is also music on weekends). We had dinner at the Buffet which displayed a variety of every kind of food. Only desserts were disappointing. The service throughout the hotel was excellent and everything was CLEAN! We will certainly return.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed two nights with my wife in this hotel. Average per night was 110 USD.
The hotel is glamorous and the rooms are very nice and clean. No complains at all.
There are a few restaurant options in the hotel, but we haven't tried any...we just dinned in the city.

Cons:
- internet costs 13 USD/day.
- the hotel is rather far from the city, 20-30 min walk, but on the bad side, everybody said that the area in between the is dangerous. Nothing happened to us on our way to the city though.
Still you can always take a Jitney bus: 2.25 USD/ride, which will take you to city center or back in. The bus runs 24 h, so it is preatty conveniant.

Would I return? Probably yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooms on the upper floors, the view is great.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank GlobetrotterRo
Reviewed June 20, 2013

In 2 days my room card stopped working for 3 times. Every single time I had to take the checkin line to have it replaced!

Furthermore, at 3am, fire alarm went nuts and started screaming. I called the frontdesk and they sent security team. They started asking me if I was smoking and I told them I wasn't (and it was a SMOKING ROOM!!!!)

I was told to be more careful with the smoke the next time....

• Stayed: June 2013