“Good hotel, but far from the city”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #10 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Bucharest
“Good hotel, but far from the city”
Reviewed June 21, 2013

I stayed two nights with my wife in this hotel. Average per night was 110 USD.
The hotel is glamorous and the rooms are very nice and clean. No complains at all.
There are a few restaurant options in the hotel, but we haven't tried any...we just dinned in the city.

Cons:
- internet costs 13 USD/day.
- the hotel is rather far from the city, 20-30 min walk, but on the bad side, everybody said that the area in between the is dangerous. Nothing happened to us on our way to the city though.
Still you can always take a Jitney bus: 2.25 USD/ride, which will take you to city center or back in. The bus runs 24 h, so it is preatty conveniant.

Would I return? Probably yes.

Room Tip: Ask for a rooms on the upper floors, the view is great.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank GlobetrotterRo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed June 20, 2013

In 2 days my room card stopped working for 3 times. Every single time I had to take the checkin line to have it replaced!

Furthermore, at 3am, fire alarm went nuts and started screaming. I called the frontdesk and they sent security team. They started asking me if I was smoking and I told them I wasn't (and it was a SMOKING ROOM!!!!)

I was told to be more careful with the smoke the next time....

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank maurocool
Staten Island, NY
Reviewed June 20, 2013 via mobile

My one and only favorite hotel in Atlantic City! The rooms are tastefully decorated with all necessities you might want, including Hair dryer, mini-fridge, safe, toiletries, double head shower in a contemporary bathroom, nice towels, wall mounted flat screen TV, comfortable couch, etc. Best of all, it is very clean. Yes, the walls are thin. Just about the only negative. Staff is very friendly and helpful. Several dining choices. Some more expensive than others, but all well done with great atmosphere. There are good promotions on accommodations and dining on the Internet at the Golden Nugget website. The pool and jacuzzi area is amazing. The pool area is clean and they try hard to keep it that way. There are fire pits off to the side for cooler days and nights and no shortage of food and drink service to your lounge or cabana area. All this in a beautiful setting on the rooftop! Cannot say enough about our 2 night stay here. Granted, it isn't on the boardwalk, although not that far away in time or mileage, but it really is a world apart! Casino area is classy as well. It is surrounded by places to dine as well as listening to live music if you want to take a break from the action. Go and have a great time!!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Mindyla
Baltimore
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I couldn't have been more impressed! The room was definitely all modern and high end. Furnishings included a 42" flat screen TV, mini fridge, the customary room safe, a clock radio with an Ipod dock and a large L-shaped settee. The bath, though smallish was also stylish with new upscale fixtures and a unique semi-enclosed shower in which the best part was the dual shower heads. They call these "Boutique Hotels" now and Golden Nugget has made the best of the available space, The dining is also all Quality/Upscale including their flagship Vic & Anthony's and the newly redone Chart House.

I was on the 8th floor on the town side and thought the view was great. Outside my window overlooking the pool and marina were the Borgata & Water Club with the rest of the AC skyline in the distance. Some people complain that being on the AC bayside is a downer. Well if you drove here anyway and if you go to AC regularly, you should know your way around, what's the big deal? This was my own first stay Bayside, I couldn't pass up the "Mobile Exclusive" I found on Expedia. Pricewise I think the GN is a Steal even without the Special as far as price/quality.

GN proudly advertises they've earned the AAA Four Diamond Award. I give them both of my own Thumbs Up! Would I stay at GN again? You Bet!

Room Tip: Get the south view, there's not much to see on the other side!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
Mountain View, California
Reviewed June 19, 2013

Room - We booked luxury room, but when we arrived they gave us a complimentary upgrade and we live in two bedroom suite! It was perfect! Big number with 2 bedrooms, stylish furniture, 4 bathrooms, very clean! No one bothered us while we were sleeping - good walls!

Pool - Beautiful swimming pool in the hotel, we spent there all day. You can eat and drink there.

Restaurants - good with tasty food.

Casino - playing holdem poker. But you can find many other games! :)

Big disadvantage - elevators - drive very fast (it's a plus), but because the hotel is high, they could stop at every floor, sometimes you have to wait quite a long time for them.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank khrapachevskaya
Amsterdam, New York, United States
Reviewed June 18, 2013

We stayed at The Golden Nugget for two night last weekend. Came home on Sunday and by Tuesday I had a red itchy rash. Went to the doctor and was told I have Scabies from bedbugs. I tried to resolve this with the hotel management and got the run around. First I spoke to hotel management who said I needed to speak to security who would do a risk assessment. They transferred me to security who never picked up the phone. I kept calling back and got nowhere. I called hotel management again and was told that they can't do anything about this it has to go through security. The hotel management went so far as to ask how did my doctor know it came from their hotel. Are you kidding me, it's where we stayed that's how !!!! DON"T STAY HERE UNLESS YOU ARE INTO BEDBUGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Pat W
Hamilton, Bermuda
Reviewed June 18, 2013

This is a great high quality hotel and casino complex and I think compared to the other 4 star hotels in AC it is brilliant value.

The rooms are clean and modern. There is free WiFi in the casino and lobby, but not in the rooms (where a $12/day charge applies). Having said that we were staying on a low floor and were able to catch the free WiFi from our room so I guess it depends on your luck.

The casino hotel has a decent selection of restaurants which were good. We ate at the brasserie for breakfast and the prices are very reasonable. In the evening we hit the casino hotel’s “Haven Nightclub” which has no cover and is great fun! What a good night.

I had initially booked this hotel through Hotwire. As they have a 100% no-changes policy, I was unable to upgrade my room from One King to Two Doubles with them. However upon arriving at the hotel there was no problem whatsoever in upgrading the room for a small $22.80 surcharge for the two-doubles rate. Really good service.

The rooftop pool is really great place to hang out and detox during the day! Don’t worry, it is not a Jersey Shore crowd so if you do not have rippling muscles and a fake tan you won’t feel left out. It is all regular people.

My only complaint about this hotel is the location. It is on the Marina, which is about 2 miles away from the Boardwalk, Train Station and Outlets. Fortunately the hotel has such good amenities (i.e. casino, roof-pool, nightclub, food) that it doesn’t matter too much.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends