I highly recommend avoiding staying here on a discount, groupon, etc. Usually through Landry's Club or just plain booking you can get a good deal mid-week and that's probably the best way to go because when you stay on a Groupon you are sadly treated as a second class guest. I booked two one-night stays (for a total of two consecutive nights) which was to include spa passes and parking passes, 1 per day of my stay. GN staff insisted it was 1 per stay... but then that meant I paid full price for the second night and got no special at all. would have been cheaper if I just booked it online through orbitz or something. I brought this up with Groupon and they have tried to make amends for it.
Props to GN for quickly moving me to a new room (and even hand-delivering us the new keys) when we went into the first room and it reeked of cigarette smoke (non-smoking room!). We then went down to the hot tubs and firepits which GN announced on their own Facebook page were open again! The fire pits were NOT open and the hot tubs, while open, were not at all HOT. We're talking icy cold... colder than bath water. Let's just say that the idea to have a nice late afternoon soak got completely ruined... and there was not adequate room to soak in the regular bath tub. The next day the fire pits reopened but the hot tubs were still not hot, thankfully I had that ONE spa pass to go use the spa hot tubs.
The spa is amazing. I really enjoyed the amenities. My only complaint here is that they didn't even attempt to "upsell" us when we came to the spa. Again it's the "oh they're here on a group on; give them a bathrobe and flip flops and be done with them." I really was contemplating adding on a massage or a pedicure but they didn't inquire as to whether I wanted to see a spa menu and once I was changed into my robe I didn't want to go back to the lobby all sloppy.
As for the food, this is where GN shines. We "bar hopped" from 3-4 different restaurants taking in their happy hour specials. Great seafood at Chart House, 1/2 price sushi at Lillie's, and fantastic pizza at the Grotto.
We played some slots throughout our trip, only 1 time out of the 3 days there did a cocktail waitress approach us. I guess the days of playing and drinking are over. Overall, this resort is beautiful. The staff really could use to learn a few things about pleasing their guests, even if their guest is there on a group on. It felt like we had the scarlet letter upon us. We ate, drank, gambled, and spent money just like any other guest ! I would stay here again but I will not stay on any kind of promotion.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Golden Nugget Atlantic City, winner of the AAA Four Diamond award, is a premier resort destination located on the Frank S. Farley Marina and offers guests 727 beautifully remodeled rooms and suites. The entire property has just completed a $150 million renovation, taking on a fresh, modern look to include a high-energy casino featuring the most popular slot and video poker machines, table games, and poker room; nightly entertainment, new bars and lounges, stylish retail offerings, as well as Landry’s signature world-class restaurants such as Chart House and Vic & Anthony’s Steakhouse; a luxury spa and salon; and H20 poolside lounge. New owners, Landry’s,Inc, have introduced first-class accommodations, exquisite dining options and fun-filled entertainment venues unlike anything else available in Atlantic City. The Golden Nugget has already established strong brand recognitionworldwide with locations in both Las Vegas and Laughlin, NV. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, getaroom.com and Hotwire so you can book your Golden Nugget reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Golden Nugget Hotel Atlantic City
- Trump Marina Hotel
- Atlantic City Trump Marina
- Trump Marina Casino Atlantic City