“Excellent Experience All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York
“Excellent Experience All Around”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 10, 2013

I really use to like to go to Atlantic city but for many year"s now I have experienced very negative thing's at many of the casinos, so therefore I have been going to other places in p.a. To just gamble, but I really enjoy staying over & my experiences at the tropicana ,harrahs,& many other casinos in a.c. have been negative because they all are very dirty & i find lots of young kids having no respect for the hotels, so I was very turned off to a.c. Well the new year had come & I called the "Golden Nugget" and spoke with Allan Korman he was so personable and very friendly i really enjoyed my conversation with him, he then asked when I would like to come & Made me a reservation. Well When I arrived to the front desk and was greeted by Annette & Emily who were very professional & courteous, i really felt comfortable & Had an awesome weekend. Everyone who works there are all so pleasant,friendly,& caring. Its a very Clean and well maintained Hotel & Casino, I was very impressed with everyone and this will be my new home because that's the feeling you get when you are there,.I must say to all of us gaming people don't give up on a.c. Till you try the "Golden Nugget" you will regain faith in Atlantic city again I promise you that, try it & you will be happy..Enjoy & Good Luck......!

Room Tip: All the hotel rooms have been renovated so I recommend any of there rooms, all are new & very cl...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Lisa quick hits R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (392)
Tuckerton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013

The GN Hotel and Casino delivers an awesome experience for their customers. It is a boutique casino hotel with all the major amenities in a resort atmosphere.
But, the Golden Nugget is even more....

"It is a people friendly place. From the Executives to your Reservationist, you will find that Customer Service is their No. 1 Priority.

Throughout the hotel, there are Upscale Lounges w/ Entertaiment, Excellent Restaurants, Retail Shops, a Pool area and a Spa. The rooms have been renovated and exhibit a warm, inviting appearance.

Located just 12 miles from the AC Airport on Absecon Inlet, you will find this charming hotel alongside the Farley State Marina. During the Spring and Summer months, The Deck is open with a full service bar, food, and nightly entertainment.

I give this hotel 5 Golden Nuggets!

Room Tip: Choose a Jr. Suite just around the corner from elevators. This is the most quiet and convenient loc...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Patti S
lilskjbaby
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 9, 2013 via mobile

The room and hotel looked beautiful. Went on Sat-Sun for my bfs 25th bday. Our room faced the city so it looked wonderful at night. We ate at Michael Patrick downstairs. The food was alright... Nothing too special. The casino was nice. Not too smokey and good music playing.

The next day we went down to the rush lounge to watch the game. There were a few ravens fans down there so it was fun. They gave great football specials. $5 food from the surrounding restaurants and $4 well drinks which included Malibu. A few drinks and apps later the tab was only about $35 which is great compared to other places... But again i think its only during football season.

The biggest complaint though is the noise through the adjoining door in the room. I could literally hear their entire convo. I had to turn the tv on just to drown them out. And they weren't being loud... Just thin doors. And the door is right next to the bed which didn't help.

Overall he had lots of fun and even won a little money. I guess next time I'll try to get a non adjoining room.

• Stayed January 2013
1 Thank lilskjbaby
Bronx, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2013 via mobile

We expended couple nights at the hotel, and paid $295 , check in was very quick and easy they had everything ready at the time we arrived. Most of the rooms have a nice city view or bay view I would have gave them a 5 star review but dropped one star when I tried to contact room service for breakfast and they hang up on me. Anyway casino has almost anything from from wild pole dancers club to a calm wine and WiFi lounge/ bar. Did I mention I won $300 playing the penny machines..???.
It was an excellent weekend, and I will do it again.

Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank M M
Bonn, Germany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013

We got a very good deal on one of those daily deals websites and thought we'd give it a try. Arrived on a Wednesday afternoon, the first week of January. Hotel was pretty much empty (judging from the parking garage). Everything was very clean and well-kept. Apparently the hotel was recently renovated.
We received a King room on the 21st floor with a nice city view. The room was very nice and modern, and clean! It just smelled like cleaning agents, which went away after some time. The bathroom is nice, but only has a sliding door, which doesn't really close shut. So this room (I don't know about other rooms) is not recommended if you want to stay in the same room with someone you're not intimate with :)

We received a free wine tasting with hors d'euvres with our deal. It seemed like the staff hadn't done this too often before but we were very well looked after - the wines were good too!

The casino, well.... it was a casino. Nuff said.

The location of the hotel is far away from the boardwalk, and all the other hotels, but apparently there is a shuttle service if you want to roam around downtown AC.

We tried the all you can eat buffet for dinner (hey, don't judge, after all it is a casino...), which was okay. Lots of choices, pretty good quality. Try the bread pudding for dessert! :)

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank René S
Brigantine, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2013

We went to the new spa for massages this weekend. We have visited several of the spas in Atlantic City and this one is a really great find and a good value for your money. The facility is beautiful, clean and has all of the amenities and toiletries you need in the locker room unlike some of the more pricey spas in the other casinos. The relaxation room is comfortable and attractive. The massage was well done and the staff was friendly and attentive. They have great promos so check out their website or Facebook. You won't be sorry.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Berkhamsted, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 3, 2013

En route to friends we decided to stay overnight in Atlantic City to see what it was like.
The hotel was all that could be expected of a quality American hotel, the room was very good, the promised view excellent and the facilities that we used were very good. No faults with the staff, check-in or out, parking or room. The bathroom was exceptionally good quality and recently refurbed.

Perhaps because it was a Thursday night a week before Chiristmas, but the casino lacked people and atmosphere. I thought the tables that were being used were not mainstream styles which did not endear me to them. Even the fruit machines were overly complicated for me!

We ate in one of the restaurants which I thought was a little over-priced but it was excellent food.

Worth a visit but probably won't go back again. Nothing to do with the hotel which was great and I thoroughly recommend.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a bay view.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple