“pretty amazing”
Review of Golden Nugget

Golden Nugget
Ranked #8 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed July 20, 2012

We went to AC for our honeymoon, we originally booked Harrah's online and their was a lot of drama with trying to check in. The front desk kept saying I had already been charged for the wholle stay and then someone else would come out and tell me something different. Finally, I got everything cleared from my account and decided I did not want to stay there after the terrible customer service and they did not try accomodate or understand.....I looked online and there was a special for Golden Nugget, it looked nice from pictures and I was so tired I just wanted a bed by that time.

We got to Golden Nugget and got inside and I was just amazed. I was amazed at the cleanliness of the hotel, the design, the customer service and the most standard room still looks and feels like a suite. I definitely recommend this hotel and I will be back for sure, it is a lot cheaper during the week than the weekend though. We just got back and missing it already

Room Tip: No matter what kind of room you choose, they all are nice, we stayed in a standard king room and it...
There are newer reviews for Golden Nugget

Reviewed July 20, 2012

I reviewed the Golden Nugget hotel on July 26, 2011 and this was our first visit back since the renovations were completed.
I was SO pleased with how smoothly check-in went on our Sunday afternoon arrival. Last year it was chaotic and there was no way to get your key prior to the 6 pm check-in time quoted. This year we arrived at ONE PM ....stopped in VIP check-in since we are Landry' Club members and we were given a key, pool bracelets and told we could go into our top floor room immediately - Wow. Nothing like a great start.
The renovated rooms look beautiful - very contemporary in style and colors that appeal to us. The bed was a bit high and a bit harder than we are used to. The bathrooms are, of course, still small but look lovely with their contemporary basins, dual headed shower in the tub, granite counter top. HOWEVER - there is no ventilation fan which is a bit of a peeve for us. This was especially missed because there was about a 3/4 inch gap between the sliding bathroom door and the wall - I could stick my fingers into it and wave to my husband inside .....so no audio privacy there !! Note that this tip floor room has one feature that is both a PRO and a CON ...it has high ceilings with extra long windows that have a big curved almost atrium like glass at the top, painted orange. Looks great in daylight ....but sun will come through that at sunrise so no dark room sleeping if you need that. Elevators worked great, nice breakfast at Michael Patrick Brasserie or simple 9we took it to our room) pastries, bagels, sandwiches from BEAN and BREAD at edge of casino. Best of all is the new 6th floor pool deck. First went out there at ten pm at night ...it was too warm for them to have the firepits lit but we had a drink at the bar and it was a large pour (Baileys etc). Next day we went out to pool at noon ....almost all chaises full but we found two in a decent spot on the edge of a row. The shallow pool with the in pool loungers for sunning are the place to be -- wonderful -- too bad there is a limited number of them and folks should rotate so everyone gets a chance. They need pool attendant to try to stop the tiny kids from using the loungers as toys ...while I yearned for a lounger two very young (4 yrs ?) girls were lounging for a long time while their 2 or 4 year old brother just kept pushing one all around in a circle. Still this is a wonderful addition.
Pricing was very reasonable for our 3 night stay and we kept getting voice mails offering us an extra night at "half the rate".

Room Tip: Note - top floor (27th) many rooms have extra long windows with curved atrium style glass at the hig...
1  Thank MEDISKIS
Reviewed July 19, 2012

The rooms have been updated with new beds. The room was clean. There was a terrible smell in the hallway but it did not penetrate the room. The casino is small and most of the slot machines were very old. Will not be returning due to the location and the casino.

Room Tip: Request a room overlooking the marina.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 19, 2012

This overnight stay at the Golden Nuggets was excellent! I will start out by saying it a great place to stay the bathroom is clean the king size bed we had was clean the carpet was clean the nice flat screen TV was good!! It looks to me they remodel this hotel. I will suggest everyone to stay at the Golden Nuggets it near the pier you can drive to the other hotel and parking was good only $5.00 you can come and go as you please.. Very relaxing place also enjoyed the food in the hotel and on the pier. They also had a live band playing in the evening and the music was great!! Don't forget I love it and will suggest everyone to stay. I had a blast!!!! Also you don't have to leave the hotel they have Starbucks and you can walk to the pier inside the hotel which we know they have AC. You can walk to and from your car to the hotel from the inside which was wonderful....

Room Tip: To keep the cost down book your trip from the Golden Nugget website and use your AAA or AARP discoun...
Reviewed July 19, 2012

A huge hotel! Exceptional rooms, decor, bars, dining options and casinos. The pool on the 6th floor with a skyline as the background and the bar on the deck stand out! The location is good too, though I don't know if it faces the beach in any direction.

Overall if you can get this hotel for a bargain, like we did, go for it. Period!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Ranjit G
Reviewed July 19, 2012

I enjoyed my stay at Golden Nugget A.C. The hotel has recently been revamped and the rooms are lovely with a sitting area, fridge and modern bathroom.

There are few things that can be improved. 1. the walls are paper thin, you're able to hear every conversation your neighbor has and anytime someone walks down the hall. 2. there was a foul smell coming from the bathroom sink everytime the water was turned on. 3. the temp in the room was not consistent though the air was set on automatic, it was either too cold or too warm, never adjusting properly though set on one temp.

The pool and hot tub area is nice. There were always lounge chairs available. The pool never became overcrowded though it was hard getting a spot in the hot tub.

Room Tip: Choose a room facing the Bay for best view. Try to stay away from the elevator as the walls are thi...
2  Thank Celicia
Reviewed July 17, 2012

Had booked a room at the hotel on a Thursday night and when we arrived at the hotel there were no rooms left. They offered to put us up at another hotel (with no amenities like spa, pool, room service, or casino) and still charge us the same rate. Very disappointed when talking to "management" and their lack of making the situation right. Also had to wait 30min in the lobby before anyone came to the front desk.

Horrible experience

Room Tip: book somewhere else
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled as a couple