Golden Nugget
$105
$88
  • Beachfront
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$90
$75
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$42
Caesars
  • Restaurant
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$108
$87
  • Beachfront
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$95
Courtyard
$80
  • Pool
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Beachfront
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Restaurant
The Chelsea Pub and Inn(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$90
$85
$159
Travelocity
1,456 results
All reviewschart housetrump marinafire pitrush loungegreat view of the marinapool areasliding doorself parkingcasino hotelcasino floorsaturday nightslot machinestable gamesgngrottovicboardwalk
Reviewed July 16, 2012

Ok so my husband and I stayed for 8 nights we were there for a dance competition which was held right in the Golden Nugget. We arrived around ten and were told we could check in at noon instead of four which was great. So we checked out the resturants casino etc. At first glance the hotel looks really nice the updates and changes that were made were fabulous. Resturants and little shops seemed reasonably priced to the area. We checked in no issues and went up to our room. Closet door was broke no big deal bathroom was clean and room was nice, however headboard was dusty and looked like it had not been cleaned. Staff was friendly for the most part no major issues there. One of my students had given me a giftcard for Christmas to the Golden Nugget evertytime I gave it to someone they had no idea what to do with it or how to use it. We ran into several problems with this throughout the week. Once all settled in we headed up to the pool was excited for the major renovation and seriously not impressed. The pool area constantly smelled (and not like chlorine). Pool was cloudy and was told it was due to the excessive amount of chlorine used to kill germs...ok but there were huge clumps of hair all over the pool deck and in the pool as well as bugs and other things in the pools. The pool decks were constantly wet with people slipping and falling. They tried to clean it several times and only made it worse. The waitressess up there were not helpful and really seemed to not want to wait on the people up there. The walls are paper thin! We heard all the conversations of the people next to us and all of the drunk girls conversations through the walls. The ballrooms were beautiful and great meeting spaces. The room rates constantly change and no one really seems to have exact answers for you. My husband called to pay in full a few days before we left and payed a different amount then I was intially told. When we checked out there was a balance due because they didnt charge us for something they should have...when I looked at the bill it was aditional occupancy fees and toruism fees that added up to th 40 bucks after spending almost 2k on the room we were not very happy. Overall I was happy to come home and what I had expected from the website and the new renovations was not quite what was recieved.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
3  Thank Jmb1011Dda
Danielle W, Front Office Manager at Golden Nugget, responded to this reviewResponded July 17, 2012

We would like to thank you for choosing the Golden Nugget for your recent stay in Atlantic City, and would like to discuss further the billing discrepancy you experienced upon check out. Please contact me at your earliest convenience at dwixler@gnacm.com

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Came in to see what the renovation was like and you put all the lipstick you want on a pig.... but it's still a pig.

Jersey Shore on steroids.. Loud drunk kids and rail bandits.

If they don't change the people they are comping rooms to, the place will get a bad rep and no serious players will come in.

Sitting at a BJ table is like being in aFrat house with 500 drunk kids. Kid running in the hallways. 10 to a room.

Best to stick to the name casinos, they are safer and offer a better weekend experience for the gambler and those who want to have a good time with human beings.

Room Tip: Get a new room if you can. Watch the 12th floor as there is no security. The doors are always open
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed July 15, 2012

My daughter and I stayed here for 2 nights to attend a dance competition held at the Sheraton. We stayed at the Sheraton the past 2 years, but the Golden Nugget blows the Sheraton away. The nightly rate was half what the Sheraton charges, and the pool area is so relaxing. We had lunch at the pool and enjoyed it. We ate breakfast at the Brassiere one morning, the food was delicious, and again half of the cost of our breakfast at the Sheraton. The room had a beautiful view of the pool area, and it was so pretty lit up at night. I would definitely come back.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

We are so happy to hear you enjoyed your time at the Golden Nugget, the pool area is absolutely one of my favorite places on property too! We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed July 15, 2012

Absolutely terrible front desk employees and management... Unhelpful and rude. Room rates constantly change and they won't provide lowest rate available. At check in, it took over 2hours to have our bags brought up...we had to go find them in their storage area...at check out, we were told 40 minutes for a bellman to get our bags-it was almost 3 hours

Room Tip: Skip the golden nugget and go elsewhere
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
4  Thank Al M

We sincerely apologize for the delayed baggage delivery during your stay. As I am sure you are aware the Starbound Dance Competition was held here during your stay and our entire Hotel team did step in to assist with delivery. Most of the deliveries where in excess of 20+ pieces per room and needed multiple trips to accommodate the guests. If you would like to further discuss rate availability please contact me directly at dwixler@gnacm.com.

Reviewed July 14, 2012

I stayed here at the tail end of a week at the NJ shore and it was fine. This was my second time at the golden nugget actually- the first time, I went to my room after check in, and walked into a room that was already taken by other people. I was a little freaked out, and luckily they weren't there! I got upgraded to a better room, but still a pretty creepy experience, especially as a single (female) traveler. It was during the upgrades, so I would like to think they can blame it on that. I stayed once again the first week of July because I got a good rate and was meeting some friends at the borgata. Hotel staff was friendly, and allowed early check-in, but I stayed away from the pool because there was some sort of teen dance competition going on and kids were running around everywhere. The room was nice, but, as other reviewers mentioned, the walls are PAPER THIN. I could hear everything. I went to bed at midnight, and was awaken at 3 am by people in the hall, who were not overly disruptive, just (drunk) chatting in the hallway on the way back to their rooms. Then at 4, and then again at 5. This is to be expected in AC, so you would think they'd spend a little money on soundproofing the rooms! So, nice hotel, cheap weekday rates, nice pool area, but I wouldn't go unless you don't mind swarms of kids, and you are a heavy sleeper! Also, the last guest's used bar of soap was left in my shower- ewww!

Room Tip: Bring earplugs if you want to sleep
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
1  Thank Jenf12345

Thank you for giving the visiting the Golden Nugget and coming back to see the completed transformation! We truly do want the best experience for every guest, and take any noise complaint very seriously. Please do not hesitate to contact the front desk or security directly if the situation should happen again. If you should need any assistance in the future please don’t hesitate to contact me directly at dwixler@gnacm.com.