“Sheraton, A Great Stay!!!!!!!!!!”

Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed June 14, 2010

I decided to book a weekend trip to AC with my boyfriend to get out of the hustle of living in NYC. Upon researching my hotels I wanted to find one that was convenient, great in location and for a good value. It was only a weekend trip so didn't want to spend mucho amount of money, besides were going away on a real vacation in October. Sheraton did it all, we decided not to drive and the Amtrak train called Aces that we took was right across the street, perfect!
The hotels tells you its 5 blocks to the boardwalk and casinos, which it is but very short blocks compared to the ones in Manhattan, well lit and safe to walk trust me.
The shopping outlets are great right across the street. The rooms were great, good space and I'm telling you this cause I'm 5"10 and my boyfriend id 6"2 so we require a lot of room. lol Great view of the other AC hotels, quiet, clean, and friendly staff.
All in all I would definitely stay at this hotel again, and would recommend it to anyone!
Please feel free to contact me if you have any questions.
Safe Journeys..........

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank liteskin80
Write a ReviewReviews (1,399)

Reviewed June 11, 2010

Our fifth visit to this property and it still resonates. We are not interested in the casino scene and only visit the city to attend conferences next door at the Convention Center which conveniently includes a train station for NJ Transit which provides direct connections to Philadelphia and the Amtrak options.
This is generally a clean and well maintained property (although we were disappointed that housekeeping failed to deal with a minor mildew problem we reported in the shower). Another minor annoyance is the $10/day Internet connection fee. (We recently spent a week in the UK in a range of properties (including a B&B) that provided wireless Internet service at no charge.)
Caution: There are better places for breakfast than the hotel restaurant ($20 for a ho-hum buffet). Subway and Starbucks have places within a block or two.
We have stayed at several other properties in ACY and continue to believe the Sheraton provides the best overall value and convenience for the business traveler.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 9, 2010

Came to Atlantic City for a business trip. Although the location is great (right next to The Walk, Convention Center and decent restaurants) the area is pretty dangerous. Even the locals say not to go out at night by yourself. They should say not to wander off The Walk by yourself. The Sheraton has some decent restaurants...a little pricey for what you get but that seems to be the case in Atlantic City wherever you go. They have a great gym and pool. My biggest complaint would be the housekeeping wasn't great. There was some trash under our bed that must have been from the last people who stayed here. It was NEVER picked up the entire 4 days they cleaned our room. Smudges on the mirror were never cleaned off. They didn't restock our toilet paper which is a necessity. And they they never put fresh linens on the bed. Also, there are a lot of sirens and the sound of cars passing by all night. The walls are very thin and you can hear your neighbor everytime they go to the restroom. Other than the fact that housekeeping is poor, I would recommend this hotel for the location.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed June 2, 2010

This is by far the best hotel in atlantic city me and my fiance stay here every time we come to atlantic city first thing first the location couldn't be in a better place you have the ac outlet around the corner you have an applebee's a mcdonald and aunt annie also around the corner as for the hotel itself beautiful you a exercise room a indoor pool and a outside hottub the hall before you get to the elevator is sorrounded by miss america pagent gowns you have free computer and internet use on the second floor which is right across from the resturant the rooms are comfortable cozy soft bed and a view to die for I have no complaints ever when I stay at the sheraton infact we will be back this month can't wait so excited

1  Thank 215liberty
Reviewed May 24, 2010

I'll break the review into categories. . . .or complaints.
Cleanliness and upkeep: To start, there was a large piece of wallpaper missing from the wall across from our room. Which appeared to be being worked on but no one on staff was seen the 3 days we were there. There was a long, curly black hair stuck to the handle of the ice bucket. The bathtub was very slow to drain after showers. The windows were coated in dirt, to the point that it made it difficult to see out of them. Friday morning there was a room service tray full of garbage outside of a room in our hall. When we returned to the room 6 hours later, it was still there in the hall. The walls are extremely thin, you can hear pretty much every sound from your neighbors next door, as well as above and below you, not to mention every single door in the hallway opening and slamming closed at all hours. In the lobby, there were all kinds of different displays of miss america memorabilia. Problem was that about 50% of the lights in the cases were burned out. I feel like I'm being petty and if it was just one of these things I would have already forgotten about it. It just seemed to me that there were enough little things to feel like a big problem.

"Hidden" charges: This hotel's motto should be "Free? We don't need no stinkin free!" Most places I've stayed in my travels have certain amenities included. Like Wi-Fi, parking, and some sort of continental breakfast. Well we got the room at a pretty good rate and now I know why. It's like an airline charging you 50 dollars less than other airlines, but then charging you 80 dollars to check your bags. In an age where people can get free Wi-Fi access at their local McDonald's while eating a 99cent cheeseburger, I feel it is unacceptable to charge 10 dollars a day for Wi-Fi access in a 3+ star hotel. Also with parking lots in the surrounding area of the hotel charging between 5 dollars and free for all day parking it seems unfair for them to charge 15 dollars per vehicle per day in their self park lot. To be fair they do give you a discount on the rate of that particular parking garage which is normally 33 dollars a day. There was no sort of free breakfast of any kind, and the pricing at the restaurant was out of control. No lie, a regular sized ceramic mug of coffee was $4.50. There wasn't even a discount for hotel guests. We got the $20 breakfast buffet, and even at 9AM the food wasn't fresh. The "hot" food and the "cold" food were all at room temperature. The flavor of the food was decent, but I really couldn't justify the $20 price tag when the casinos offer $8 breakfast buffets with twice the selection.

Location: The hotel is directly across the street from the convention center and the bus terminal. Which could be very convenient for some people depending on the nature of your stay. The hotel is only about 3 blocks away from the strip, plus one block to the boardwalk. It's really not far of a walk except at night when those 3 blocks turn into what seems to be a 5 mile scurry to safety and civilization. It felt more like "Escape from New York" than a 3 block stroll across town.

In summation, I would never choose to stay here again, unless I was specifically visiting Atlantic City for an event at the convention center and even then I would think about that decision long and hard. There are plenty of great deals to be had with all the many hotels right on the strip to choose from. I say find a hotel comparably priced with modern day amenities included and enjoy your stay, instead of stressing about things like exactly where that long hair molded to your ice bucket came from.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank fadingflesh
danny, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 15, 2010

Thank you very much for taking the time to extensively review your recent experience with us! The cleanliness of your hotel room was unacceptable and I have personally spoken to my team members to insure that these issues are rectified. The lighting concerns in our lobby displays have also been addressed. Additionally, I have taken action to see that we maintain excellent, fresh breakfast standards.

In regard to the additional chargers you experienced during your visit, we try our best to keep our hotel rates low, therefore minimizing the free amenities included in ones stay. However, I am exited to say we have a state-of-the-art computer center, The Link@Sheraton, located on our second floor, where internet access is available.

I invite you to contact me directly at danny.willams@sheraton.com where I would be more than happy to further discuss your experience and listen to any additional comments you may have. Thank you again, your thoughts provide us the opportunity to re-evaluate our performance!

Reviewed May 16, 2010

Right across from the train station, 15 minute walk to the boardwalk, a $12-15 cab ride back from the Tropicana at night. It is very loud in the rooms - you can hear the people next door, the buses outside, and the room shakes when people close doors along the hallway. The hotel was dirty in the common areas and rooms - filthy carpets and our toilet came pre-pubed! Gross! On the plus side, the bed was comfortable and the shower had good water pressure. Gold SPG members - don't expect any upgrades. We were told gold status may get you a discount on a nicer room. The staff was grumpy and a little clueless, but they can help you with directions at least. Ok for using points on the weekend. During the week, take advantage of lower rates on the boardwalk.
Win big!!!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TravelCuties
Reviewed May 7, 2010

The Sheraton is a very nice location, especially if you are attending an event at the Convention Center. You can just walk across the street but if you don’t want to go outside, there is a sky bridge. The sky bridge is a l . . . o . . . n. . . g walk but if you are bringing expo materials from the hotel the distance is far better then outside dealing with curbs, escalators etc.

The beds & pillows are incredibly comfortable . . . soft, but not too soft . . just delightful.

The public rooms are grand. They do a nice job with the banquet food but need to improve their wine by the glass choices at all of the bars. Geno at the Shoe Bar is a master mixologist who is always ready with a smile & your favorite drink.

The on site fitness center is a bit cramped. While using the elliptical I was only about 3-4 feet away from the giant flat screen TVs which was too close. The pool is relaxing but it should have been cleaned better. There was a film of what looked like dust on the surface of the water. I also wish they would revisit their policy & open the outside hot tub by May 1. It would be nice to enjoy a relaxing dip before the Governor’s Conference for Women.

Note, the hotel will store your bags if you check out before you have to leave. This is a nice feature on the last day of any event.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business