Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
$105
$88
  • Beachfront
The Claridge - a Radisson Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$79
  • Pool
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$108
$87
  • Beachfront
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$42
  • Restaurant
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$129
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$90
$75
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$99
  • Beachfront
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$95
Courtyard
  • Restaurant
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
$159
Travelocity
1,418 results
All reviewstun tavernmiss americaclub leveltrain stationattending an eventoutlet storesself parkingsaturday nightlate checkindoor poolnon smokingcrownsboardwalkacjitneyexpresswayconvenience
Reviewed August 27, 2005

My husband and I stayed at this hotel for a long weekend getaway. Upon arrival we found the staff very helpful. Lobby was nice and clean. We were on the 9th floor (non smoking), when we entered the room, it was very clean and nice. The sweet sleeper bed was very comfortable and we slept great every night. It is about a 4 block walk to the boardwalk, a nice walk to start your day. The outlets are right across the street from the hotel and all the shops are very nice.

There are taxis readily availble if you choose, and the Jitney bus service is located across the street. The jitney runs 24 hours a day at 1.50 per person.

We would stay at this hotel again. We had a pleasant stay.

9  Thank Irish1572
A TripAdvisor Member
Rocky MOunt, NC
Reviewed August 25, 2005

This is a really nice hotel, the only draw back was that everyone had their hand out for a tip and even get mad when you try to do something yourself. Other than that it was a wonderful hotel, I would stay here again, the hotel is with in "safe" walking distance from the boardwalk, because you walk through a busy shopping area and then your on the boardwalk. Very Very Nice Hotel.

4  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed August 25, 2005

I decided to take my mother to New Jersey for the wonderful waterford crystal sale that is held every year in Wildwood, NJ. I thought it would be fun to stay in Atlantic City (I had never been) and the rates at the Shearton were great. When we finally arrived after a long day of traveling we were greeted by one of the nicest doormen I have ever met. His name was Brian and he was FANTASTIC. He knew everything about the area and was very warm, friendly and funny. If you stay at this hotel look for Brian - especially if you have questions. I found him to be more informative and helpful than any other member of the staff. I thought we were off to a great start, boy was I wrong. The staff is RUDE...I mean RUDE. I couldn't believe the treatment I received. They could care less about the guests, I think they'd rather stand around and gossip than do their job. I have stayed at Sheratons all over the counrty and thought that they had a certain level of standards for their staff, apparently I was wrong. I asked for a late check out (as a memeber of the starwood preferred program they will provide that) and was actually given a look questioning how I could actually bother them with this request. We got to our room and the noise of the other guests was unbelievable. I was told I needed to wait until 10:30 pm before they could send up security. At midnight who wants to change rooms after driving for 9 hours? I had booked 2 seperate reservations to get the 2 different rates for the room. When we returned to our room on Friday afternoon we couldn't get in. I went to the desk to find out what had happened and was told the keys needed to be reprogrammed. When the women told me that the man checking me in should have notified me I said he barely spoke forget about providing me with any information. Her response "that is not my problem." I couldn't believe it. I was stunned. I could continue with more examples but I think you have a good feeling of the experience. The hotel is OK - a bit outdated and in my opinon the rooms need some work (especially the bathrooms). I would never ever stay here again - the inexpensive rate is not worth the treatment. I have written a letter to the hotel not for any compensation but to let the management know just how unbelievable their staff is.

• Stayed: April 2005
5  Thank courtlace
Reviewed August 22, 2005

an end of summer impromtu 4 night vacation; selected sheraton because we trusted the name and we had never been in atlantic city before.
we were quite disappointed with the service. front desk always very slow to answer the phone. the valet service took on average 15 minutes for the car; television was not working when we checked in and went on the fritz again later in stay. housekeeping was poor. breakfast should be convenient in hotel; traveling with 5 family members ( 2 rooms) - orange juice was $4 a glass ( in the restaurant)! old room service trays in the hallways EVERYTIME we walked towards our room. took at least 2 calls for any special request ( robes, etc). concierge was the least helpful of all. asked about a restaurants and they send us to a cafeteria style place. asked about a church in town and they only know about catholic church and could offer no further help.

1  Thank notimetoplay
A TripAdvisor Member
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed August 15, 2005

I have stayed here 3 times now and I just like the hotel a lot.

Pros:
-Walking distance to a hub of casinos
-Outlet mall is really pleasant to walk and shop along
-Great rooms and service
-Starwood signature
-Nice well maintained facility
-Appears close to public transit which I think is great
-Decent views
-Right next to civic center

Cons:
-I've stayed on the club floor 3x and only once have i been able to get up early enough to make the breakfast hour. It ends at 9:30. Basically you're paying $30 more to eat a muffin. Not a big deal.

-Every time we goof up turning into the hotel. It would be nice if they simplified that offramp to the hotel. Don't make the mistake of missing the turn and getting stuck in the road that takes you out of AC. It goes on forever without a U-turn area.

-Free transit is only offered on Fri and Sat night. It would be cool if it went to the Borgata or Tropicana rather than the strip which is only 4 short blocks away.

-Parking is $10 or $15 for Valet. Its kind of annoying and takes them forever to get your car.

• Stayed: August 2005, traveled on business
6  Thank A TripAdvisor Member