“Great Location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
NEW JERSEY
“Great Location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 20, 2014

Stayed at the Sheraton in AC for a cheer competition at the Convention Center. Beautiful hotel with great accommodations. The lobby is big and inviting - nicely decorated. Room was two double beds and very comfortable. Bathroom was nice with bathroom necessities given. Check in was easy and tunnel inside to get over to convention center so didn't have to go outside if didn't want to. Parking self service under convention center.Would definitely stay again.

Room Tip: Nice view of hotels on boardwalk if you ask to be on that side.
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
Thank you for your kind comments. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed or hotel and all we have to offer. We look forward to having you stay with us again at our "Great Location" on your next trip to AC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (225)
  • Korean first
Bengaluru, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 15, 2014

I stayed here for few days during the trade show in the near-by Atlantic City Convention Center. The location couldn't get better for me as I just had to cross a road to my Convention Center. It is also walking distance from all the popular casinos.

The staff is friendly and helped me with the loyalty membership sign-up during my check-in. I enjoyed the buffet breakfast in the morning. Though I have few dietary restrictions, I still had lot of options. The room service was friendly and was delivered in the promised time. The rooms are bit old but clean & hygienic, so I am ok with it. But definitely the rooms don't give you the feel of other newer Sheraton properties I have been to.

With all the good experience, one tiny incident really irked me during my stay. My room internet wasn't working and I had to call the reception to fix it. It wasn't working because the attendant at the reception didn't punch my card properly! I had to come to get it fixed. The internet still didn't work, I called them again and they put me through to a helpdesk who did some resets and it worked. But the shocker came when the hotel charged me a cool $45 for the phone call! The phone call was to the front desk and they charged me for fixing an issue at their end. It irritated me and when I raised the issue, the front desk immediately reversed the charge! I didn't quite get it! Though eventually didn't have to pay anything, this charge & reversal of charge when I complained, left me bit upset.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Tranquility_Wiz
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 20, 2014
We appreciate you taking time to share your experience with us. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us for the most part. We do apologize for the mix up with being charged for the phone call to the help desk regarding your internet. We are happy to see that our team was able to adjust this charge right away for you. We hope you will stay with us again on your next trip to AC.
Cancun
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed here a few times.I enjoy the Sheraton because you can bring your pet.My mom jokes that she will never stay in a pet friendly hotel but the Sheraton is extremely clean. There is a nice little grassy area for the dogs.My normally skittish dog loves the elevator. You are right near the shopping outlets and a shuttle bus takes you to casinos.The only negative is that pricey breakfast buffet.I forgot they give a great Military discount also.

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Ifoushee
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 15, 2014
We are so happy to see we are able to welcome you and your pup again and again at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next trip to AC with your furry family member!
Baltimore, Maryland
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 6, 2014

I am very upset that upon check out I was told my I owed $450.04 which I knew and asked to pay cash and I did.... BUT... no one informed me that $529.20 was debited already from my card. Had I known the full amount was taken from my card I would not have paid AGAIN in cash and they should have informed me of that!! So 2 nights stay and $980.00 dollars later.... All for a room with previous persons dry cleaning trash on floor in closet and bed linens were horrible looking. So now I am told to wait 3-4 days for my $529.20 to credit back to my card!!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank kim g
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
We are so sorry to hear about your experience during your recent stay. We would like the oppurtunity to speak with you about your stay and to make sure the mistake was fixed. Please contact our Executive Office so we can make sure everything was fixed.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Tuckerton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014

I love the Sheraton in Alantic City, but mostly the Starwood Resorts membership. I was amazed I was able to use my points to book a room on New Years, esp when other hotels are charging a fortune. Hotel is convientely located from the AC Expressway, walking distance to outlets, Caesers casino etc. We also reserved the clubroom where you get continiental breakfast included. The frontdesk staff are very courteous and you can't beat the late checkout at 4pm with Starwood. I would recommend this hotel to anyone statying in AC as long you do not mind that there is no casino in this hotel.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
We are so happy hear you were able to ring in the New Year with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We see you enjoy our property and all we have to offer. Look forward to welcoming you home again on your next trip to AC
Brooklyn, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013 via mobile

It's ok and clean. It feels a little old but I guess that's atlantic city. A little frustrating parking, machine in garage wasn't working and I was stuck for 20 minutes. AttendAnt was there but wouldn't let us go until told (which I guess makes sense. But then told me and the other person waiting that it was our fault). By checkout I asked for a refund for parking, I was promised a refund but never got it :(.

Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mordechai G
Fairfax, Virginia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2013

I was not disappointed by this property. These are the only downfalls...you either have to pay valet to park your car or park at the Convention Center next door which is about a 5 min walk from your car to the hotel and you have to pay 15.00 to park. I arrived 3 hours prior to check in time and my room was ready, the only thing that wasnt up to my standards about the room was there was no trash bags in any of the trash cans. Service depended on who I talked to, overall most people were very friendly and helpful but some seemed very annoyed when I asked a question but I could understand since the hotel was full of kids under 21 who went to a rave (myself included) and most of the kids didn't respect the hotel and I kinda felt bad. Would I return? Yes, because it's the only hotel in AC where check in age is 18. The pool was amazing and the hotel was right next to all the outlets and only a couple blocks from the boardwalk. The hotel does not have wifi in rooms, only an ethernet hook-up which you have to pay for. I'm sure they will have wifi in all rooms sooner than later. Had a great time in Atlantic City and would return

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Rocky S
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, January 2, 2014
Thank you for sharing your kind comments with us. We are happy to see you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to having you stay at our property on your next trip to AC.