“Decent hotel near the Convention Center”

Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Decent hotel near the Convention Center”
Reviewed October 15, 2013

This Sheraton is located literally across the street from the Convention Center. So if you have a conference or meeting at the Convention Center, this hotel is within easy walking distance. Also, the commuter train that goes all the way from Philadelphia is right next to the Convention Center, so you can take your luggage and walk to the hotel.

The hotel is OK. My room was clean and the shower had decent water pressure. Certain rooms have a refrigerator and microwave. There is no casino at the hotel, and it was pricier than hotels located further away from the convention center. The fitness center has a lot of cardio machines, free weights, but only one universal type weight machine.

In terms of things to see at the hotel, on the 2nd floor is a collection of the shoes worn by former Miss Americas.

The hotel is also located within walking distance of several restaurants, such as Applebee's and the Tun Tavern. It is also near the Tangier Outlet stores (at least 40 stores), so easy to go shopping.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd or 5th floor that has a refrigerator or microwave, if you like to eat or s...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
2 Thank Steve R
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and our Miss America Collection. We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us again soon, to see what we have added to our collection and hotel.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
  • Korean first
Jersey City, New Jersey
Reviewed October 15, 2013

Made my first trip to Atlantic City a great experience. The hotel is situated so that you can see it from virtually any of the popular boardwalk casinos and its a mere 15 mins walk down a street full of shopping outlets.

My room was clean, comfortable beds and a decent shower - about all I needed as I was running the Atlantic City marathon and only had one night's stay. But also had a dip in the indoor pool and the fabulous outdoor "whirlpool" - deliciously warm.

The staff and bellman were professional but friendly even on a busy weekend.

The only con is that the place is pricey if you're traveling solo (discounted rate from Hotwire was $200 including taxes). Hope I get another chance to stay longer with a larger group next time.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side have the better night view of the casinos - though it only matters if you ac...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 23, 2013
Thank you for choosing to stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and all that our hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "Very Comfortable" stay on your next trip to AC.
Madison, Wisconsin
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I am here for a four night stay for an event at the Convention Center. The front desk staff, while not rude, was uninterested and not terribly helpful. Texting and talking on their cell phone seemed to be a priority. After I was handed my room key I had to actually ask if I was good to go, no information, no pointing out where the elevators were (which are kind of hidden from view), just an abrupt, awkward end to the process.

Got up to my room, which upon first impressions wasn't bad (spacious but dated). Opened the closet to hang up my clothes and was greeted by used, partially full Starbucks cups molding away. Ewwww. The rest of the room seemed adequately clean, and I appreciated the little shower puff.

On to dinner. My pasta and iced tea came to $37. It was SWIMMING in olive oil, the pasta had cold spots, the chicken, which I paid extra for was scant and the icing on the cake....??? A lovely black hair. Naturally it was found towards the end. Ugh. The tray also arrived with no salt or pepper and nothing to accompany the iced tea. No sugar, no lemon. Nothing. Just two glasses, a fork and knife and the plate. The iced tea wasn't even drinkable - I can manage without sugar, but it was so over steeped and bitter I just put it back on the tray.

The location is ideal for the convention center, but the area is so walkable I will stay at another hotel when I return (and I will as I travel regularly for business). Proceed with caution and good luck! :) I'll be hitting up Applebee's and Subway for the remainder of my stay.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
3 Thank Kim D
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 22, 2013
We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay. We have shared your comments with our team members and are working to improve our guest experience during check-in. Your comments about your room service experience have also been shared with our Food and Beverage team. We hope you will try us again on your next trip to AC, this time please contact our Executive Office so we can make sure your return stay is as comfortable as possible.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed October 14, 2013

The hotel was nice and in good shape and close to the outlet shopping mall. It was a few blocks away from the Boardwalk and casino action.The staff were all friendly and accommodating on a busy weekend, even providing a free room upgrade. The room was large, but there isn't much of a view.
What was 'not so nice' were other guests on our floor who seemed go in and out of their rooms all night and were extremely loud. Also, the people in the room next to ours decided to have a huge fight at 5:00am, including screaming and throwing things. We called security who came up pretty quickly, but that did not help us in getting any sleep. Understandably, this is not in the control of the hotel, but we were hoping for a restful weekend, which is why we stayed a bit off the beaten path.

Room Tip: Higher floors are supposedly the upgraded floors.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank mdclary
We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We glad to hear you enjoyed our hotel and all it has to offer. We are sorry to hear that you did not get a good nights sleep. We hope you will stay with us again for another "Nice Stay" and a good nights sleep.
South Jersey
Reviewed October 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center hotel for the Atlantic City Marathon weekend. We were able to secure a discounted rate that was still far too much for this hotel ($173.60 + sales tax, luxury tax and NJ occupancy tax = $198.90). We checked in very late on Saturday and requested a late checkout so that I could shower after the race. We were given an additional hour free of charge and the front desk clerk repeated that she was "being very kind." We were also charged $14.00 to park in the convention center garage overnight plus tax. Last year I was offered a special race parking discount and this year I was not offered such a discount. We went to our room which was what I expected - standard bathroom and two beds with a chair and a desk. We did have a view of the casino's and ocean so that was nice. The bathroom was clean enough even though it seemed that the floor looked dusty to me. The toiletries at Sheraton properties do not impress me. The water pressure in the shower was wonderful. The beds were nothing special and the sound of the highway woke us up throughout the night. The next morning, we woke up early to get to the race and the hotel had done nothing to acknowledge the runners this year. Last year I know they had put out bananas and bottled water. The staff we encountered were not overly friendly and just doing their jobs. We travel a lot and have stayed at many hotels this year for running events. I have enjoyed my stays at $90 hotels far better than at the Sheraton Convention Center Hotel. Atlantic City in general is no longer a destination of choice.

Room Tip: Higher room on Casino/ocean side
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank nwettst
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and are working hard to make improvements in the areas you have mentioned for our future guests. We would like to oppurtunity to discuss your stay with you, please contact our Executive Office to share more.
Huntingdon Valley
Reviewed October 13, 2013

We stay at this hotel almost every weekend in the summer. The staff is amazing and provides excellent customer service.The rooms are spacious and comfortable. The location is great- not too far to go to the beach and the casinos and shopping is a short walk away.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Meryl C
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Thank you for your kind comments. We always love welcoming you home to your "Summer home away from home!" We look forward to welcoming you back home next summer.
Austin, Texas
Reviewed October 12, 2013

Price was great at $90 on a weeknight, and service at desk was good, but other than that it was a mediocre experience. I had to switch rooms after dinner because a group was partying loudly in the suite next door. The hotel was fast with the switch, but I was switched into a room that seemed poorly ventilated, very stuffy, and I didn't sleep well. The hotel definitely has a worn Atlantic City vibe but is relatively clean and maintained, so not a horror story. Just not anything special either. I stayed here because I am Starwood Gold.

Room Tip: stay away from rooms next to suites-- could be very loud with partiers
Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not get a good night's sleep, We hope you will give us another try on your next trip to AC. Please feel free to contact our Executive Office so we can make sure your return visit is as comfortable as possible.