“2 night stay-club level”

Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #11 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Gloucester, Massachusetts
“2 night stay-club level”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, not right on the boardwalk, but just a few blocks away. It is surrounded by nice outlet stores to shop at, every store you could ever want. The club lounge was nice, very large. The selection was slim. Only waters available throughout the day, no sodas or juices. Nadir at the front desk was great, very helpful. All of the staff I encountered were very professional and friendly. The breakfast restaurant was understaffed, no one came to our table for over 15 minutes, so we went with the buffet instead of ordering something off the menu had we had a server who acknowledged us. The pool room was very hot, and pool was cloudy.

Room Tip: High Floor has great views of the whole boardwalk!
1 Thank Julz2381
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 2, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and taking the time to share your experience. We have shared your kind comments with our staff, especially with our team member Nadir. We hope to have you back as our guest on your next visit to AC.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
Northern NJ
Reviewed June 19, 2013

I wouldn't do this hotel justice because we didn't spend a lot of time in it. Its close to the outlets and a quick walk to the boardwalk. As there was no convention, the area out front of the hotel felt desolate. I wouldn't have felt comfortable walking around outside after dark. The room itself was clean and quiet. We were in room 725 which has a great view but horrible wall paper in the bathroom. The diamond pattern is a migraine-sufferers nightmare. The front desk staff was professional and accommodating.

2 Thank KatmanduNorthernNJ
We appreciate you taking the time to share your comments about your recent stay. We have shared your concerns with our team and are making improvements in these areas. We look forward to welcoming you back for a longer stay with us next time you are in AC.
Grapevine, Texas
Reviewed June 17, 2013

The plus is finding a hotel that is Pet friendly. The rooms were okay, the general décor okay. It was a hotel on the verge of aging and the staff was doing a good job keeping it updated. I liked the location close to so many outlet stores. We were within walking distance from the boardwalk. The negative was finding the hotel, the entrance to the hotel is confusing. I kept my child with me at all times, would not let a kid walk alone in a hotel that size so open (I've been to hotels where security is tighter). Overall, the hotel had what we needed for a one night stay, but it is not a family resort type hotel or a family geared hotel at all.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank grapevinereview
We are glad to hear we were able to accomodate your whole family including your furry family member. We love to welcome our dog guests just as much as our human guests. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all our hotel has to offer. We look forward to welcoming your whole family back again for another stay with us the next time your travels bring you back to AC.
Conn.
Reviewed June 15, 2013

First thing…WHEN YOU DRIVE THERE PAY ATTENTION SO YOU DO NOT GET LOST (I DID) AND HAVE TO GO BACK OVER THE BRIDGE (I DID). When you drive over the Expressway make a left on Arctic and another left on N. Michigan. When you arrive at the next light at the intersection of N. Michigan and Baltic, you will see the Sheraton on the far left corner with a sign with two arrows pointing right. Go straight towards the Convention Center and make a left so the Sheraton is on your left AT ALL TIMES.

I arrived and a bell hop approached, I asked for valet parking and he handed me my ticket. The check-in was efficient and I went to the room. As a Platinum SPG, I was upgraded to a suite.

Room – The suite consisted of a dining area with sink, microwave, refrigerator and microwave, but no TV. Then a walkway with a credenza, leading to the sleeping area with a Queen bed , chest of drawers (TV on top) , two sitting chairs and an ottoman. It appears that the suite was probably redecorated within the last two years. The carpeting was showing signs of wear and tear, numerous pulls and there were several stains. The credenza had caked residue from previous occupants so I was not overly impressed with the housekeeping, but not worth a re-do. There were plenty of lights in the eating area and walkway but the lighting in the sleeping could be better.

Internet Access – Are you kidding? They do not have wireless service in the rooms, only Ethernet with cords. You cannot use your I-Pads unless you have cellular, cannot use more than one computer if travelling with family and have a very dangerous cord snaking around the room to trip over. Totally unacceptable in 2013.

Bath – Basic sink, tub with SOT and toilet. Towels were four of each which is a nice touch but they are gym quality, very thin. Shower pressure was good and normal Sheraton toiletries (boy I wish they would upgrade). Only one minor issue and there were a few hairs in the tub. Again housekeeping not that great.

Fitness Center – Might be the best fitness center that Sheraton can deliver. There were lots of cardio equipment, free weights and a separate area with mats for floor exercises. This was fantastic.

Elevator – Worked well but weird how they placed the numbers. The numbers across the top are 5-10-16. They ran the numbers vertically, not horizontally. Just a little strange.

Valet – I do not understand why a hotel that has a “Make a Green Choice” gives you a different ticket each time you arrive and collects the ticket when you leave, even for an hour. What a waste of paper. They should do as others, one ticket for the entire visit.

Lounge – Pretty basic stuff including coffee, tea, oatmeal, fruit, cereal, breads, water and sodas. Located on the 16th floor and key access required.

Neighborhood – Just a head’s up, this is Atlantic City, not Palm Springs. The outlet stores are right there but please be careful if you decide to walk beyond the stores, in fact I would advise not walking past at all. Even while driving around town, stay on the main roads since I would not want my wife or children wandering off into all the tougher neighborhoods.

Since I detest smokiness and not a big gambler, it was great to stay in a smoke-free hotel without the crowd looking to beat the odds. I ventured into some of the other casino hotels and could not wait to leave from the smokiness to the gamblers. Likewise if you have an event at the Convention Center, it is so convenient and you avoid the shuttle buses around town.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled solo
3 Thank jfood
Thank you for sharing your experience. We have shared your comments with our team and working hard to make improvements in the areas you have mentioned. In recent upgrades all of our sleeping rooms now have wifi with the capabilty to connect with up to 3 devices. We hope you will stay with us again to enjoy all our upgrades.
Miami
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I spend 100+ nights per year in hotel rooms and travel to AC regulary. I feel my review is honest...
The Good Stuff:
Booked thru and online travel site at a very reasonable rate.
Hotel is idealy located for the Atlantic City Convention Center and Outlet Mall.
Check-in was quick and painless. Young lady at the front desk was professional and welcoming.
Room was clean, quiet, Sweet Sleeper bed and everyting functioned.
Hotel is decorated with interesting regional art and Miss America stuff.
Modern gym, indoor pool and outdoor hot tub adds to it's value.

Areas That Need Help:
Called ahead stating I'm 6'3" requesting a king size bed; this was not honored.
Location is sketchy at night. Saw/smelled men smoking pot outside entrance twice.
Hotel public areas look well cared for but are boring and starting to look dated.
The 4th floor reeked of smelly gym socks!
My room was missing the one and only easy chair?
Room had water stains on the ceiling.
Went to use gym and there were 2 dogs in it barking. Told 2 men at the bell desk (font desk had a line up for check in), they didn;t seem to care.
Doormen are slow and security is a joke.
One evening saw what looked like a local dealer and later a prostitue coming and going as they please.

In conclusion:
Would not recommend to single woman or families traveling with children. As a middle aged man it's okay if attending the convention center or if you get an amazing rate offsetting the negatives. If you're accustom to a 4-star experience, you maybe disappointed...

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
4 Thank bowman716
New York City, New York
Reviewed June 10, 2013

We stayed at this hotel on June 7 to the 9th 2013. This hotel is excellent being a Sheraton this should not be a surprise to anyone who stayed at one. The location is about 4 blocks from the Boardwalk and 3 blocks from Caesar's Palace, Bally's etc. and in a quieter part of town near the shopping outlets which we licked. The staff is very friendly and helpful, the hotel is also part of a Convention Center and hosts weddings, Prom's and other affairs none of which interferes with the daily operation of the hotel. This is a great place to stay in Atlantic City if you want a place to get away from the crowds and noise of the casino hotels with everything within a short walk. This hotel also has a great restaurant and micro brewery in it we enjoyed the food and brewery. I highly recommend the hotel to all.

Room Tip: Become a club member, the club member floor come with lots of extras an special access
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 17, 2013
We appreciate you taking the time to share your kind comments about your recent stay at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. It is nice to hear that you enjoyed your stay and all that our hotel and Atlantic City has to offer. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "Excellent stay"
Verona, New Jersey
Reviewed June 8, 2013

I stayed here for a conference and decided to self-park to save money ($8 vs. $24 for valet). To reach the lobby from the self-park area is a long walk from a deserted parking lot, through a deserted Convention Center and the across the street the hotel. I'm glad I saved the $16 and really glad I had the strength to schlep my bags, and the good fortune not to get mugged.

You can get 45 mins free internet at a kiosk, but if you want access in your room there is a fee.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business