“Wonderful venue for a wedding” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel

Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel
Ranked #11 of 53 Hotels in Atlantic City
NJ
“Wonderful venue for a wedding”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 17, 2012

I am a frequent visitor to the casino-hotels in AC but this was my first stay since my youth in a non-casino hotel. We stayed Friday and Saturday nights a mere 10 days after Sandy stormed thru the area. We found everyone friendly and helpful. Our room was comfortable and clean. Although the hotel is not very new, our room didn't show signs of wear. We asked for the ocean view and enjoyed the casino lights at night.

The negative was the parking. We were in town for a wedding. Some of us got free parking passes and some were charged $5. Plus the parking is under the Convention Center and a long walk from the hotel.

Everything connected with the wedding went very well.

We had lunch at the Tun tavern (my second time there) and were pleased with the wine and food.

We used the pool once and were dissappointed that the spa was outdoors and closed.

Overall, our experience was very good. Your get a more relaxing vib away from the boardwalk and casinos.

Room Tip: Ask for a high room facing the ocean!
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank KRoman4
SheratonAC, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, November 24, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We are glad you enjoyed the special event with us. We look forward to having you back as our guest next time you are attending a special event or just to relax.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
  • Korean first
Mississauga, ON
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

We stayed here Aug 2012. The hotel location is very convenient to shopping, train, and restaurants. We find this hotel average. First there is no WIFI in the rooms upstairs you would need to bring extra cable that attached to the phone. The connection is slow. There is WIFI in the lobby. You can use their computers in the mezzanine level but really slow connection. The cleanliness is good but not great. Our housekeeper left us with dirty and wet towels on top of the chair, but never replaced with new ones. I'd have to call that night for towels. The housekeeper at night was very helpful he gave us more than enough towels and blankets so we gave him a good tip. We slept good, it was quiet and beds are comfortable. No complimentary breakfast. Parking is across the street, inside the convention centre it's a little inconvenient but the car was safe. We wouldn't stay here again if we can find a cheaper hotel with the amenities that we are looking for especially breakfast when you are travelling with children.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
    • 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your comments. Please call our Executive Office we would like to discuss your stay in more.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 8, 2012

I have stayed here many time for conventions. The convention is located next door. Also great rooms, staff, kept up!!!!

We also go there at times just to get away. Cheaper than NYC hotels. And no Loud crowds....

Room Tip: Try the corner rooms - larger spacious.
    • 5 of 5 stars
We are so happy to hear that our team was able to make you feel at home here at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We have shared your experience with our team and we look forward to having you as our guest soon.
North Wales, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2012

I recently attended business meetings that were held at one of the casinos in Atlantic City. I enjoy gambling, but prefer not to be in that enviroment for prolong periods of time - specifically due to the number of smokers. I had stayed at the Sheraton on a previous visit, so I tried there again.
It was very convenient to get to my meetings, either by driving or even walking. The casino holding the meetings was only a few blocks away. The staff, from the door man who greeted me to the front desk, and also including the housekeepers were exceptional. Always smiling, always helping taking care of my needs or making suggestions. The room was spacious, and the bed comfortable. It was a nice oasis to return to after a long day of meetings.
Also had a nice dinner at the Tun Tavern which is attached to the hotel. I sat at the bar, watched both the playoffs (baseball) and MNF on the large TVs. There was a good crowd, and the choices for beer - great!

Room Tip: Ask for one faceing the ocean on a higher floor. This gives you a great view of the Atlantic City sk...
    • 4 of 5 stars
Thank you for stay with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel! We are so glad you were able to relax and feel at home. We hope welcome you back to our "Oasis" in AC.
Catskills, NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 5, 2012

I stayed here for three days for a work conference, and I found the room to be incredibly spacious and had a beautiful view of the other casinos, and the ocean in the distance.
The bed wasn't the most comfortable I've slept on, but the linens were comfy.
Not having free wifi in this day and age just seems silly- especially since the hotel is billed as a convention center. Also, the cell service (Verizon) was spotty- again, in a convention center this is counterintuitive.
The desk staff during the day were lovely, but the young African American man who checked me in Tuesday evening could not have been more rude.

• 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for taking the time to share your comments about your stay. We have shared these comments with our team and are working on the areas so we can improve for our future guests. We hope to welcome you back to stay with us again and for you to see our improvements.
Toronto, Canada
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 29, 2012

I booked this hotel for 1 night to attend a concert at the Borgata in AC. I took Greyhound from Manhattan to AC, and was pleasantly surprised that the hotel was within a 10-minute walk from the bus terminal. The hotel was also positioned in the midst of the Tanger Outlets, which included great shopping options and restaurant choices, all within walking distance.
Upon checking in, I was told that the two double beds in my room were in fact full size queen beds, but based on my previous knowledge, full-size beds are the equivalent of double beds.
Nonetheless, I proceeded to my room, and was turned off by the visible stain on the toilet seat (that I wiped off myself), the scratches and marks on several walls, the crumb on the fitted sheet when I turned over the duvet, the wet areas of carpet near the bathroom and front door, the miniscule safe that could not fit my laptop, the tv remote that I had to bang to get to work, the dial tone button on the phone that was jammed, and the long strand of hair sandwiched in between the face cloths.
On a more positive note, when I called guest services, I was pleasantly greeted by a staff who informed me of the complimentary hour of internet service available on the 2nd floor of the hotel, which I did take advantage of. And this pleasant service was later overshadowed by another staff at the front desk who seemed bothered when I asked her for directions from the hotel to a particular location.
Overall, I would not recommend staying at this hotel. The rooms could benefit from a minor facelift and a simple, thorough cleaning. All staff need to treat guests with the same level of excellence.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled solo
    • 3 of 5 stars
We are so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your stay with us. we would like to oppurtunity to discuss your stay further with you, please call our Executive Office so you can explain your concerns in detail.
Hershey, Pennsylvania
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2012

The Sheraton in AC was actually really boring. You would think that being a Preferred member would gain you access to some sort of little extras, but no. The hotel was clean, nice, but the staff was not friendly, they were not very helpful and they didn’t seem to want to answer questions. I asked for extra tea bags and conditioner for the room and they said someone would bring these items up for me. Well, I ended up with soap and 10 trash bags, not tea bags. So odd. Also, there was no free breakfast, nowhere to even get a coffee in the morning and the only free wi-fi spot is in the lobby where seating is limited.

Luckily, the location of the hotel isn’t bad. It’s about a 10-15 min. walk from the boardwalk and other casinos and a $20 cab ride to the Borgata. It is also right next to the shopping center and Tanger Outlets which are really nice. We went from restaurants to shops to the boardwalk and back and it was all in walking distance.

Biggest complaint – we scheduled a late check-out for 1:00pm. At 8:00 in the morning, housekeeping was pounding on our door, then just used their key to come in to the room when we were still in bed! Obviously the front desk did not tell the cleaning staff that we were going to be checking out late, but either way check out isn’t until 11am so I am unsure why they would think to knock on the door at 8.

If I go to AC again I'll try to find a nice hotel that offers me more for my money and has staff that are willing to help if needed.

• 2 of 5 stars
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We have shared your concerns and we are working to make improvemnts in these areas. We hope you will stay with us again the next time your travels bring you to AC!