“Great experience”

Ranked #11 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Dublin, Ireland
“Great experience”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

We stayed in Atlantic City for three nights as part of a package for the Orion music festival and enjoyed every minute spent in the hotel. The staff were welcoming and helpful, our room was enormous and immaculate with Starbucks coffee making machine, large bathroom, fantastic view and super comfy bed. Room service was reasonably priced and delicious. Not a single issue with our entire stay, if I'm ever back in AC I will be staying here. One thing that might annoy some people is that you have to pay at least $10 for wifi (in Ireland, it's almost unheard for a hotel to charge for wifi any more), but we knew that before we booked and it worked perfectly. Close to casinos, boardwalk and discount shops and the Miss America theme was pretty funny given that most of the people we met staying there were going to a Metallica gig! I'm very surprised some people had issues with the cleanliness, I suspect it's been rectified and then some because throughout our stay everything was immaculate.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank fantaMonkey
, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 5, 2012
Thank you for choosing The Sheraton Atlantic City! We are so glad you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back for another "Great Experience!"

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (238)
  • Korean first
richmond
Reviewed July 2, 2012

This was just an average hotel for such a big hotel chain name. I was thrown back that for this to be in Atlantic City our room was like a $79 room for a $200 price. Needs updating quick to keep up with the other hotels in the area. I would not have thought the Sheraton would not have been a pleasing hotel to me but it really was just bland. The bed was so uncomfortable to sleep on, it was extremely hard. Sheraton, please make your prices match your rooms.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
We are so sorry to hear that your experience during your stay was not what you expected. I ahve shared you comments with my team members and we are working to improve for our future guests. We hope we can welcome you back to stay with us again. We encourage you to call our Excecutive Office so we can make sure you return stay is as comfortable as possible.
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed July 1, 2012

Well kept hotel away from the busy boardwalk. A block away from great shops and a few more to the boardwalk.

Room Tip: Higher floors, better view as bottom looks into the Atlantic convention centre.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your kind comments. We strive to make all our guests happy and comfortable. We hope you choose The Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel the next time you are in AC!
Northern New Jersey
Reviewed June 28, 2012

This is my second stay at the AC Sheraton. This time I stayed with my daughter for the Metallica Orion 2 day music show. The location of the hotel was perfect for the free shuttle service. Easy access off of the AC Expressway to the parking garage. Not having a casino was also a big plus as there was no weaving through slot machines to get out of the hotel. Our room on the 8th floor was very clean, the beds were very comfortable and the entire stay was painless - even leaving was a breeze with the key drop off and access to the Expressway. Breakfast at the hotel was a bit pricey but it is Atlantic City. The buffet had an excellent array of choices the menu items were also very good.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
We are so happy to be able to welcome you back to Stay with us at The Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We agree we are in a great location easy access to the expressway and the excitment of AC. We look forward to welcoming you back again on your next visit.
Owings Mills, Maryland, United States
Reviewed June 27, 2012

I read most of the reviews on several sites before making my decision to book a room. I'm glad I chose to see for myself. This hotel has a wonderful presence, great staff, and is worth the "risk". I asked for early check in (3 pm), but when I arrived (extra early)at 12pm my room was ready and the key has given to me. The staff was great! I called for extra wash cloths at around 9:30 pm and less than 5 minutes later housekeeping was at my door with 10 wash cloths. Yes the pool area is small, however I did not experience any problems (there were only a handful of other guest there) and they provided plenty of towels. My room has 95% clean, a few crumbs under stitching on one bed, and small hairs in the bathroom (very minor). We were on the 4th floor and had a great view of the larger hotels on the boardwalk, we could also see Tanger Outlets. Yes I would stay again without hesitation!

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are happy to see that you "chose to see for yourself!"
We look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us next time you are in AC!
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed June 26, 2012

Let me preface this with, I stayed at the Sheraton hotel during PHISH's three night run in AC over Father's day. The city was packed full of people and I was very thankful to be staying at the Sheraton. The hotel is definitely dated, and could use some renovations (but so could the entire city). We stayed in a regular room, not on the club level, with two double beds. My sheets were clean (although one bed was inside-out), and there were no bed bugs. The bathroom was stocked with clean towels and all the toiletries typically found in a hotel room. There were a couple of stains on the carpet, but nothing that smelled bad or led me to believe it was anything more than just wear and tear in an older hotel. It is also true that the walls were thin, and I can see how someone wanting to get a silent night's sleep might be annoyed. The customer service was great all around, everyone was helpful and polite. We booked late, and our price for the room was much higher than I would have paid on a regular visit. However, at the right price I would definitely stay here again. I believe the "terrible" and "poor" reviews of this hotel are a bit too harsh.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with friends
, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, July 1, 2012
Thank you for sharing your experience. We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us we strive to make all our guests feel welcomed. We look forward to having you stay with us again the next time your travels find you in AC!
Columbia SC
Reviewed June 18, 2012

I stayed here just last week;for three nights. This was my first time in Atlantic City and I was very impressed. The hotel is located in the heart of Atlantic City and everything is in walking distance. The staff (i.e. Valet, Attendees, and Maid Service) were all very welcoming and nice. The first and second floor are both very nice and look newly renovated. However, the upper floors and rooms are a little out dated in comparison with the first and second floor.There is also no wireless connection in the rooms, only on the first and second floor. This is a little understandable because the building is obviously an older building, but is very well managed for its age. In the bathrooms there are some drainage problems, but again comes with being an older building. The bed structure (i.e. the framing) was quite wobbly, but the bedding was comfortable. It is one of the official headquarters of Miss America so there is plenty of Miss America "exhibits" to look at that are easy on the eyes.The food prices at the hotel are pretty steep as well. The gym and pool facilities are nice as well.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a city view; it is beautiful at night and you can see parts of the ocean.
1 Thank Vidamarie N
, General Manager at Sheraton Atlantic City Convention Center Hotel, responded to this review, June 22, 2012
Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Atlantic City Hotel. We agree we are in a great location in "The Heart of Atlantic City!" Centrally located near the outlets and just a few blocks to the excitement of the casinos and the world famous boardwalk. We are so glad to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and look forward to welcoming you back to stay with us soon!