“Awesome Experience”

Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Hillsborough, New Jersey
“Awesome Experience”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 9, 2013

We decided to spend a few days In Atlantic City for my birthday back in February. My boyfriend booked a room at the Chelsea and neither one of us had ever been there before and didn't know what to expect. From the Valet Parking, to the friendly, courteous staff that were always available, neither one of us had any complaints. The first room we got had a view of the bay which wasn't bad although we would have rather had a view of the ocean. My boyfriend talked to the Bellhop and he in turn called the front desk and had us moved up to the 19th floor (The floor right below the Rock Star Suite/Penthouse) which was awesome. The view was amazing and the room was very spacious. The weather was crappy those couple of days, which was our only down-fall of this getaway. All in all, we are definitely going back and look forward to staying there again.

Room Tip: Higher Floors have an AWESOME VIEW!
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Captainkimber
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, March 17, 2013
Dear Captainkimber,

Thank you, thank you, thank you! What a great review! We have a terrific staff, our best ambassadors; many have been with the hotel for twenty+ years. They really know the building, city and care about your experience. We greatly appreciate all the wonderful comments and are happy to see you enjoyed an awesome stay with us.

Don’t be a stranger and see us again soon!

The Chelsea Management Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

Me and my boyfriend stayed here because of a recent living social deal we saw, it was a last minute trip and we didnt want to break the bank for a weekend stay. By our surprise we didnt have to purchase the living social deal to receive the same package being offered. I saw so many awful reviews for the annex that we decided to upgrade to the luxe king. Once there we saw you could only valet park ( I'm not a fan). They were quick with taking the car. Once inside we were told valet was free with the package, once at our room we noticed there was a tray of food and garbage near our door ( no big deal at the time). Once in the room every piece of furniture looked like there was a mini war inside the room. Each piece of furniture either had nicks, scratches, pieces of wood missing, and just was poorly taken care of. The room otherwise was clean. The bathroom was much more decadent than the room and did not seem like it belong in the room. The noise from the hallway was enormous, it was more like a whole dorm floor getting ready to go out and are pregaming before hand. I am currently a college student and i do not want that when im going away for the weekend. Valet parking to leave for the night, tray was still outside of room by the way, was horrible it took a good 20 minutes for them to find my keys and car. We were gone for much of the night until 2am and we checked in at 6pm and once back the tray was still there. We had to go to the front desk and ask if there was a maid service, to our dismay there was not any on at the time and the woman at the desk kindly came up to get it. Other than what I wrote the hotel was ok however I would not go back and would prefer to spend te extra money to go to harrah's.

ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear Smokeygrace,

We thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay. It sounds like you had a challenging stay with us, please message us your name through TripAdvisor so that we can speak with your directly and address your concerns. We hope you will give us another try Smokeygrace, we are confident in our abilities to provide a stellar stay.

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2013

I first booked the stay with reservations we booked a penthouse suite. The next day when I called to confirm and add an additional room I was told the reservation was downgraded, as you can imagine I was very furious and nobody has even bothered to call me. The room was downgraded Due to the ceiling in the penthouse collapsing. They comped me a room and took 100 dollars off the price of the stay ok that's great but it's still not what I booked. I spoke with the manager of reservations,bill I thought he was correcting it after 5 different calls only to find out when I checked in he still did it wrong. I was extremely disappointed at this point as it was my younger brothers 21st and I wanted everything to be perfect. So I spoke with the manager Gary he was absolutely woderful he wet above and beyond to make our stay wonderful and we did end up getting the penthouse suite. Michael who works at the concierges is also great he arranged bottle service for us at providence and our night was great. The only downfall would be that they do not have a fridge that you can put your stuff in to refrigerate. The only refrigerator is the mini bar. I would recommend staying here just don't speak to Bill.

2 Thank Abrownstein213
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, March 16, 2013
Dear Abrownstein213,

Thank you for visiting and posting your review of the Chelsea. It is a pleasure to hear what a positive experience you had overall; especially since you had an issue and it was resolved by our team. Happy belated birthday to your younger brother and thank you for celebrating this milestone with us!

New York City, New York
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

my friend and i stayed in penthouse suite #8.We had a horrible time!!! Checked in on thursday,none of the hotel's amenenties were open.The bar,pool,lounge area etc.;everything was closed.What type of hotel is this!!! The penthouse suite was small and cramped.Their was a sink in the living area and no room in the fridge.There was no bathroom tub,only a shower.My fiance doesn"t shower,she loves her bath's!!! There was only half a shower door.Without a full inclosure, water would sometimes seep unto the bathroom floor.The bedroom was cold and the t.v. had only a few free channels.When i tried to rest my head i found tiny pin holes in the ceiling where cold air would enter the room.NOT A PENTHOUSE EXPERIENCE!
The only good thing i can say about my stay is the staff was friendly and the bed was soft and enjoyable.-Barry800

Room Tip: Ask if room has a bathroom tub.Are all activity areas open.Is there a micro-wave,coffee maker or blo...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Barry800,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We are very sorry to read of your concerns. Please contact us through TripAdvisor messenger, as we would like to speak with you directly. While we do have our outlets hours posted on our website; your experience is important to us, as is making the situation right. Barry800, we hope to hear from you soon.

New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013

The Chelsea hotel was okay, but our bathroom had some issues. The wall paper bubbled in several locations and mold was clearly visible. We had a Luxe King Ocean View (Not much an ocean view), but we would have been fine with a bay view (Cheaper rate). I would suggest going to the hotel in the warmer months because one of the two restaurants was closed as well as the night lounge.

Lastly, the crowd is very young so if your looking for a mature crowd this is not the hotel for you.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank FloresE
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, March 8, 2013
Dear FloresE,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. Please message us your room number through TA as we would like to address the room concerns you noted as soon as possible and speak with your directly about your stay.

Kind regards,
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2013 via mobile

While we only paid $115 for a penthouse room, I'm not sure it was worth even that. Upon check in we went up to our room. The wallpaper was peeling, couch sunken, and toilet paper holder falling off the wall. A walk in shower seems like it should be modern until you notice the ancient PLASTIC shower head mounted low for my 5'2". There is a constant drilling sound overhead. In my opinion spend the extra money and stay somewhere where the casino money allows necessary updates and maintenance.

ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, March 7, 2013
Dear Acelia14h,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciated the opportunity to speak with you firsthand today so that we could take the necessary action to address the issues noted here. Acelia14h, thank you for being our guest, we’re continually updating and improving the property, we know you will be pleased on your next stay with us.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2013

Hotel room wasn't clean and the staff wasn't that friendly. Our bathroom water pressure was very weak. Valet parking took 30 mins to retrieve the car on Saturday afternoon. Best part of the trip was the breakfast spot.
Decent value though since I paid less than 100 bucks for Friday night.

1 Thank Ralee18
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Ralee18,

Thank you for taking the time to review us here on TA. We are sorry to read you were not pleased during your stay with us. Please message us through TA so that we can discuss your concerns directly as we do believe in making situations right.