“Dissapointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #18 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Long Beach, New York
“Dissapointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

I booked this hotel after reviewing the photos as well as description of the '1940's boutique hotel' the only thing 1940's was the fact that they probably haven't done anything to the place since then. Beware the pictures are very deceiving as are most. Not only was it completely overpriced, it really wasn't anything it stated to be. The decor was horrible, the shower had no pressure and worst of all the lux tower (the nicer one) was located directly above the nightclub with extremely loud music. Immediately upon arrival another guest was clearly not happy with the room they were given (also mislead by the website) when asked to speak with a manager the rudest most unprofessional staff member assisted them cutting them off mid-conversation and walking away. I strongly would not recommend this place. I was looking forward to a pleasant stay and left extremely disappointed.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
ExecOffice01, Manager at The Chelsea, responded to this review, November 18, 2012
Dear sfkip18,
Please allow us to personally apologize that you had such a challenging stay with us. We have taken all of your comments to heart and are actively working to improve every day.
Warmest regards,
The Chelsea Team

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Roosevelt, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Stayed at The Chelsea Columbus day weekend for a quick getaway to celebrate our wedding anniversary. My husband and I had a room in the Luxe Tower gratefully.. Wasn't the most luxurious hotel I've frequented however for the price was a nice room and good location. Was nicely located away from all of the Casinos and directly on the boardwalk. Had the room, valet, breakfast combo. The gentlemen handling the parking of the cars were great, friendly and quick even when returning at 3am to the hotel. The breakfast left a little to be desired but once again,, for the price was ok.

Room Tip: Be sure to spend a little more to stay in the tower versus the annex.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank Latisha D
Orlando, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 14, 2012

This is a great hotel in a prime location. Not only is it quiet every thing you need is in walking distance. I checked in - less than 5 minutes. i stayed in room 1813 which was beautifully updated. I had ab Ocean View and with the windows open I could hear the the ocean waves. I came to town to the the Sixer's and Brooklyn Nets Boardwalk Pre-season board walk series. It was an awesome time.

The ICE machine is located on the 16th floor, The Sea Spa is wonderful and almost sound proof. There was fire alarm. I never heard a beep. Until I left the Spa and Fitness area. It was like the staff did not know what to do. There was no direction. I just saw a hundreds of guest in the lobby. By the reaction of the staff I knew it was not serious so even after seeing several firemen entering the building. I went back to the fitness center and walked the treadmill, watched ESPN so I could set my Fantasy Football line up for the day waited until the drama was over. As it turned out some guest on the 19th floor was had a nicotine fit.

Valet is only $10.00 I really enjoyed my stay and I will be back -- this was a wonderful experience.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank dMoniqueRenee
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had a king bed facing the pool side. It was clean with modern contemporary furniture. On Friday nights the pool has a DJ / party until like 3am. So if ur room is on that side, it will be loud until it finishes. It was fine for me, I actually enjoyed it. My only and biggest issue was Valet!! I waited for over 40 MINUTES! Only to find out they FORGOT to put my keys in the list!! So sad that I had to leave my vacation on a bad note.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank Xxnatalie33xx
Salem, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The lady at the front desk was talking to her co workers non stop and did not pay attention to us- just did her job and was not interacting with us at all. When we got our room key we had to go back to the front desk twice before it would actually work in our room- they had to change our room because the key would not work. I am 7 months pregnant and after the drive to AC did not want to wait to get into the room.. it was very inconvenient. The bed was nice but there were some cosmetic flaws and wear and tear. When we got home we realized we were charge $75 dollars for taking snacks from the snack bar when in reality that never happened. We never take things from the snack bar because they are too much money. Good thing we checked our bank statement or we would have been ripped off. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erin S
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My girls and I are definitely the type to "send it back" if it's no good....not anal...just particular. We stayed Fri - Sun and had an amazing weekend. Where you stay plays a major roll. Decor, check! Lovely and clean! Guest Services, check! Polite and on point. We stayed in the Chelsea Luxe Tower with partial Bay/Ocean View on the 17th Floor overlooking the pool. We didn't get a chance to experience the lounge/pool -it's Oct. or the restaurant but have no doubts it would've been great. Comfy beds...again, clean room. Very happy Chelsea! Thank you, see you in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank S B
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed at The Chelsea several times with my most recent stay being this past September. It's located a 1/4 block from the boardwalk, between the Tropicana and the Atlantic Club.

The rooms all have king beds as far as I can tell, but I may be wrong. The rooms are pleasantly decorated in a sort of retro chic style, with an LCD TV and mini bar. There are two bathrobes in every room for your use. The bathrooms have one sink and a shower only, no tub. I definitely wouldn't call it family friendly because of the bedding and lack of a bathtub.

There are two pools onsite, both outdoors. One is a quiet pool and the other usually has a DJ spinning poolside, in season of course. Their is a very nice spa onsite with decent rates as far as hotel spas go. The large, fancy hot tub within the spa is free for guest use.

The onsite restaurant Teplitzky's has very good food, if a bit pricey, but that's on par with the area. They offer room service until 11pm. There is another restaurant onsite, Chelsea Prime, but that is super expensive and more high-end. There is also a nightclub that's open a few days a week.

Valet parking is the only option and it's usually $10-15 depending on the season. Here's a tip: The Atlantic Club next door is currently offering FREE parking and their outdoor lot is a block away from The Chelsea!

All in all, I much prefer this hotel to the massive casino hotels when I want a quiet, relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2012