“Everything was great except the Valet :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Chelsea

The Chelsea
Ranked #19 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
“Everything was great except the Valet :(”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2012

I had a king bed facing the pool side. It was clean with modern contemporary furniture. On Friday nights the pool has a DJ / party until like 3am. So if ur room is on that side, it will be loud until it finishes. It was fine for me, I actually enjoyed it. My only and biggest issue was Valet!! I waited for over 40 MINUTES! Only to find out they FORGOT to put my keys in the list!! So sad that I had to leave my vacation on a bad note.

• Stayed October 2012
5 Thank Xxnatalie33xx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (544)
Salem, NJ
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

The lady at the front desk was talking to her co workers non stop and did not pay attention to us- just did her job and was not interacting with us at all. When we got our room key we had to go back to the front desk twice before it would actually work in our room- they had to change our room because the key would not work. I am 7 months pregnant and after the drive to AC did not want to wait to get into the room.. it was very inconvenient. The bed was nice but there were some cosmetic flaws and wear and tear. When we got home we realized we were charge $75 dollars for taking snacks from the snack bar when in reality that never happened. We never take things from the snack bar because they are too much money. Good thing we checked our bank statement or we would have been ripped off. I would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Erin S
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2012

My girls and I are definitely the type to "send it back" if it's no good....not anal...just particular. We stayed Fri - Sun and had an amazing weekend. Where you stay plays a major roll. Decor, check! Lovely and clean! Guest Services, check! Polite and on point. We stayed in the Chelsea Luxe Tower with partial Bay/Ocean View on the 17th Floor overlooking the pool. We didn't get a chance to experience the lounge/pool -it's Oct. or the restaurant but have no doubts it would've been great. Comfy beds...again, clean room. Very happy Chelsea! Thank you, see you in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
8 Thank S B
Reading, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 10, 2012

I've stayed at The Chelsea several times with my most recent stay being this past September. It's located a 1/4 block from the boardwalk, between the Tropicana and the Atlantic Club.

The rooms all have king beds as far as I can tell, but I may be wrong. The rooms are pleasantly decorated in a sort of retro chic style, with an LCD TV and mini bar. There are two bathrobes in every room for your use. The bathrooms have one sink and a shower only, no tub. I definitely wouldn't call it family friendly because of the bedding and lack of a bathtub.

There are two pools onsite, both outdoors. One is a quiet pool and the other usually has a DJ spinning poolside, in season of course. Their is a very nice spa onsite with decent rates as far as hotel spas go. The large, fancy hot tub within the spa is free for guest use.

The onsite restaurant Teplitzky's has very good food, if a bit pricey, but that's on par with the area. They offer room service until 11pm. There is another restaurant onsite, Chelsea Prime, but that is super expensive and more high-end. There is also a nightclub that's open a few days a week.

Valet parking is the only option and it's usually $10-15 depending on the season. Here's a tip: The Atlantic Club next door is currently offering FREE parking and their outdoor lot is a block away from The Chelsea!

All in all, I much prefer this hotel to the massive casino hotels when I want a quiet, relaxing stay.

• Stayed September 2012
7 Thank trippygrll
Harrington, Delaware
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just spent a lovely weekend at my favorite AC Hotel ,..The Chelsea.
This must have been my 10th stay at the Chelsea,,and have never had
a bad stay. I love the Hip Decor, clean rooms, excellent Tiblitsky breakfast and the
always friendly and helpful staff...( thanks Sammy and Dan). Hard to beat a 19th floor ocean-view...wow. I can't relate to the previous poor reviews and pictures...has to be an anomaly as I have never experienced such issues....gotta give The Chelsea an excellent rating and am already looking forward to my next visit in November..( wife's 50th birthday :) !

Room Tip: Ocean Front Upgrade is a must
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
7 Thank Bill M
NYC
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

Just stayed at the Chelsea for a weekend and have to say for someone who stayed there when it first opened and has always been in their corner as the only boutique-y non-casino hotel in AC, they are going down hill fast. They have stopped up-keep in many ways: wear and tear even in luxe rooms, decreased staffing, hot tub walls not cleaned recently. Being that the weather was getting chilly and it's in of-season my boyfriend and I were greatly looking forward to the 5th floor fireplaces, steak dinner and drinks. Unfortunately we were greatly disappointed when we noticed the 5th floor looked like someone ransacked it and left the place in dismay. Apparently they have decided to close the "game" floor, which include fireplaces and steakhouse for the winter! It just doesn't make any sense because that is the hotel's selling point in off-season. None of this was told to us on the phone or listed anywhere online! To make it worse when checking out the bellhop informed us we needed to get our bags before 12 because they were closing. We asked what he meant and were told that the hotel now CLOSES DURING THE WEEK! They only stay open on weekends! All signs are clear that this place is going under in a matter of months and won't survive the winter. A shame but really bad business decisions have obviously been made to cut costs. Very sad, very disappointing and I'd recommend Revel or Borgata for any kind of quality stay in AC. Very sad!

Room Tip: Don't waste your money!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank uspatriot1dem

Travelers are raving about these Atlantic City hotels

Buenos Aires
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2012

We were invited to my cousin´s wedding held at the Chelsea, so it was worth the effort to come up from Buenos Aires to see my family.

So after reading the reviews on Trip Advisor I did not want to take a chance on the Annex so we booked an Ocean front room that would not be in the Annex.

The room was large and nicely furnished. We had a corner with a view of the beach but the ocean front side was mainly blocked.

The bath was not marble but done in a sleak SoHo type style that was pleasing.

The food at the Wedding reception was superb.

The hor d'oeuvres were delightfull and the mini crab cakes notable, and nicely served by an elegant staff.

The entres were also good.

Wish we had one more day in Atlantic City to go to Docks Seafood but we will have to return again since they are closed on Sunday afternood and will stay again at the Chelsea

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family