The Water Club by Borgata
Bally's Atlantic City(Atlantic City)
$86
$83
  • Beachfront
Golden Nugget(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$129
Caesars Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$104
$87
  • Beachfront
Best Western Envoy Inn(Atlantic City)
$90
$75
Harrah's Resort Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$45
$42
  • Restaurant
Courtyard Atlantic City(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$95
  • Restaurant
Resorts Casino Hotel(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$99
$80
  • Pool
Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$109
  • Restaurant
The Chelsea Pub and Inn(Atlantic City)(Great Value!)
$90
$85
1,168 results
All reviewsvista roomrain showersun roomimmersion spaoutdoor poolclub roomwolfgang puckbobby flaycorner roomold homesteadhigh floorcomedy showcomedy clubvalet parkingflat screen tvbeautiful roomnew jersey
Reviewed September 12, 2010

After reading the disappointing (poor service) and even scary (bed bugs!) reviews, I was very reluctant to stay here. But we wanted to celebrate our 15th anniversary in style and didn't know where else to go for fun and relaxation. I am sooo glad we gave The Water Club a chance! Contrary to other reviewers experience, I found the staff to be pleasant and helpful. We had requested an early chen-in, and at first were told our room wasn't ready, which was fine (we were early). But then, seemigly for no reason, we were upgraded to a Vista roomand checke-in right away! We didn't encounter any cranky security guards at the elevators and were given wristbands for the pool that were good for out entire stay (two nights). No need to get a new band each day as others mentioned. The room was very nice, but I agree with other reviews that it didn't knock my socks off. But it was clean and bed bug free!
Had dinner at Old Homstead that night (reservation made by concierge) - was wonderful. Day 2 was by far the highlight. We had a couples massage at Immersion. The spa was beautiful and serene. Amy and Nicole took care of us - gave us a wonderful massages (this was our first time). Everything about the spa was top-notch. The locker rooms had showers and everything you needed to get ready afterward (hairdryer, curling iron, styling products, etc...) Complimentary fruit, nuts juice and water was available everywhere. After our massage, we lounged by the pool, read magazines and napped! (A real treat for aparents of 3 kids!) The best part is that you can come and go as you please throughout the day. (My husband had gone early and used the fitness room). Definitely plan on spending your day here!
After a few hours there, I wanted to check out the hotel pool. The weather wasn't great, but since we would be checking out the next morning, I wanted to at least see what it was all about. We went down with our wristbands and the guard at the door was welcoming and smiling and even suggested that we visit the front desk and ask for a different color band that would allow us to enjoy the pool for the entire next day, (not just until 11 am ckeck out) He said we should mention that the weather hadn't been great so far,,,,etc. WOW ! Not at all what I had expected. Also, loved that the pool and spa were adults only.
In fairness, I feel I should mention that we stayed on a Thurs. and Fri. night so I think that had a lot to do with our great experience. Fri. night, we were asked to show our room cards to get to elevators and Sat. morning the pool seemed to be be filling up fast. Would definitely stay during the week again (also, much cheaper!) But all in all, we had a wonderful experience here and as others have mentioned, I'm pretty sure it's the only option for upscale accomodations in AC.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank AlicynSkye211
Reviewed September 4, 2010

The Water Club looks nice from the outside (and the lobby), but the rooms are mediocre. The lobby was nicely done, casino was decent, clubs were alright.
We had read previous reviews and were worried about bed bugs so that was the first thing I checked for. While there were no bed bugs, I did notice that instead of fitted sheets, there was a half tucked in flat turquoise sheet. It was falling off and there wasn't even a mattress pad. Everything else in the room were shades of brown - wooden door, wooden headboards, carpets, towels, robes, dresser... and then bright turquoise sheets. Odd, but whatever. I also noticed there were large hairballs on the carpet all over the place (gross). While the decor and such looked nice, it was less than Ikea quality and had a bunch of stained spilled magenta nail polish on the desk and bathroom sink counter (?!).
We didn't have any problems checking in or checking out, thank goodness (prior reviews were intimidating). And the staff were decent.

HOWEVER, at the casinos some of the dealers and employees were flat out jacka's. The guys in our group wanted to play craps since they knew a little bit about it and were excited to gamble. Each time we asked a question the dealer doling out the chips was EXTREMELY rude. He was condescending and when they apologized for not really knowing what they were doing he actually had the gall to say "yeah, that's completely obvious." Other dealers (and the bouncer at Mur Mur) were not quite as rude but still condescending.

Looking back we would definitely NOT pay $300+ for ONE night at this pretend upscale hotel with rude staff.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with friends
2  Thank caicaiflutterby
Reviewed September 2, 2010

OK, let me just say up front that I am a picky hotel snob. That's right. I want the best and I want a good deal, too, when possible.

I got both at The Water Club by Borgata. I only went for one day and stayed overnight. I guess the hotel does not get a lot of business in the middle of the week because I got the "Vista Room" for only $189. This is a very large corner room with windows on two walls. The bathroom was spacious with a walk-in shower big enough for two people. Generous Lather toiletries and plenty of soft, beige and turquoise towels. The sheets were also beige and turquoise, a welcome change from hospital white. Lots and lots of pillows, too.

Room service? The best I've ever had. I ordered both dinner and breakfast and the food arrived within a half hour and HOT. I don't know if they prepared the food in the next room or the delivery person sprinted through the hotel pushing the cart the food was on but I was amazed at how hot the food was. Delicious, too.

If you are looking for a world class hotel for a classy, special getaway to Atlantic City, look no further than The Water Club.

My only complaint: the wifi internet connection was a little iffy, but I was so dazzled by my experience there it almost seems petty to mention it.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 1, 2010

Ww wanted to go to a Luxury hotel to celebrate. We knew we would pay more for this hotel but we wanted to be treated well and enjoy a luxury hotel so we chose the Water Club.
Check in time 5:00 pm - Check out 11:00 am (most hotels check in at 3:00)
No coffee in room or offered. I had to either pay $9.00 for room service for a cold cup of coffee or get dressed and walk down 20 floors to the restaurant to "purchase" a cup. I ended up going to the Borgata and buying from there. (Heck even Howard johnson gives their guest complimentary coffee) I had a left over soda and yogurt that I bought and tried to put in the in -room Fridge, only to find it completely stocked with their liquor and if I moved something I would be charged! The shower was Luke warm at best and had mold growing up the side. When we booked the hotel we paid for an upgrade for the panoramic view. The view was of the hotel roof! The last straw was when I went to use the fitness room (I always choose a hotel that list the fitness room as an amenities) only to be told I would have to pay another 15.00 to enter. What scam, it was so bad we cancelled our next night and came home a day early. We did not want to spend another minute in a hotel that would treat its gust so poorly. Like I said we went there knowing we would pay top dollar to enjoy the luxury however, we received no luxury at all!! This hotel should be ashamed to treat its guest this way!!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
4  Thank haysed
Reviewed August 29, 2010

Had a great experience staying at the Waterclub at Borgata this weekend. Staff was actually really accommodating and nice which was the exact opposite of some other reviews. Defintely try to get a even number room. The views are awesome on that side of the hotel. Rooms are very clean and spacious. Bathrooms are kinda small, but the shower makes up for it. After being in some of the other resorts in AC the WaterClub is by far the Most modern and nice in the area.

• Stayed: August 2010