“Love Water Club, but don't love extra charges” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Water Club by Borgata

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #2 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
New York City, New York
“Love Water Club, but don't love extra charges”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 11, 2013

Let me say that Borgata and Water Club are two of my favorite hotels. This was my first time staying more than a night at Water Club - I booked it to enjoy the cool spa/pool area with the amazing views of the ocean and AC boardwalk - which Borgata does not have. So, let me say - overall, great rooms, great view from my room, and it's very convenient to walk to the casino and all the amazing restaurants and entertainment venues - all EXCELLENT.

Now for my complaint list. I was very disappointed to check in late afternoon and find out the gym at Water Club is only open until 8 pm! for any luxury hotel /casino, this seems ridiculous. Why not midnight? why not 24 hour access with my room key like most other casinos I visit - there is a 24 hour environment and this is a limitation on your schedule.

AND the gym at Water Club is very small....quite surprising since it is the new property and features the big spa/pool areas....the views were great - but the room itself was drab and small. More like a corporate hotel chain gym than a luxury hotel gym vibe. Borgata's gym is WAY better.

And at a hotel themed for spa/relaxation, I was unable to book a massage appt for any of the three days I was there with a female therapist - yes, I could have booked in advance but there is a cc deposit, so I prefer to wait until I know my schedule. And this is non-peak season in January! Very upsetting - I would have saved the extra money and stayed at Borgata if i knew the gym hours and spa situation.

Also - I found the room in need of refurbishing - the furniture is worn, and I really don't think the colored sheets have worn well - they look wrinkled and old compared to white linens. Did not feel fresh to me.

Overall - I much prefer the refurbed Borgata rooms, they have a bigger nicer gym and their Spa was able to get me in to an appt last minute on my last day there. Will be staying there next time.

Room Tip: ask for boardwalk/ocean view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank cattroxx

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (236)
New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

The water club rooms were very nice and new and clean. But the smell from the smoke in the casino which you had to walk around to go to restaurants were awful - I actually got sick from the smell. They don't have separate rooms - all in one area - 2 rows can be no smoke then right behind is smoking. Therefore will never go again because of it.

Went to Revel - new hotel on the boardwork - NO SMOKING AT ALL IN THE WHOLE BUILDING - which is such a plus besides the hotel and rooms are beautiful. That is where we will go next time.

Room Tip: don't go unless you smoke - higher floor has a nice view
Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 6, 2013

My spouse and I have stayed at both Borgata properties, and we prefer the Water Club by far. Aside from being the most recent addition to the Borgata properties, the Water Club is much more appealing for those who prefer more peaceful accommodations. The hotel is connected to the original property through a fabulous walkway filled with wonderful boutiques. The original property, the Borgata has all the restaurants, event hall and the casino.

The rooms are appealing, comfortable and inviting. To be honest, I have stayed in better accommodations, however our room did have an amazing view of Atlantic City and the ocean, it was very clean and the level of noise from other rooms and the hallway were virtually non-exsistent.

Room Tip: Ask for an upper floor room with a view of the city and the ocean. Check the events calendar first...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Andrea N
Hamilton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I visited this hotel/casino when it opened in 2003 and have not stayed at any other property since then. I love the fact that it is on the bayside and that there are no bus excursions there (as there are on the boardwalk casinos)...this lends itself to a different atmosphere. If you are at the Borgata/WaterClub, then you appreciate all that it has to offer. There is casual and formal dining, as well as a "Cafeteria" where you can find delicious fast food offerings (FatBurger, Hibachi, Tony Luke's, etc.). The BEST buffet is the Borgata buffet! Oftentimes, we drive over an hour just to eat there and enjoy a comedy show. The rooms are modern with flatscreen tvs and great walk-in showers. The hotels offer great pool areas (adults only @ the WaterClub) and spa services. I can go on and on...but to summarize, I highly recommed you visit for a more refined casino resort experience!

Room Tip: You can either ask for bay or city view. The Fiore Suite offers a larger tv, small foyer and a tub...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Optomist420
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2013

more quiet then its adjoined sister hotel the Borgata, a little more luxurious, less crowded nicer rooms. Only one restaurant downstairs but ihotel is connected to Boragta so it isnt a problem,,no complaints at all would definitely return

Room Tip: high floors have nice views
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank andrewshka1121
Washington, DC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here for a bachelorette weekend, so the girls definitely had a great time. Staff were extremely accommodating and patient, given the potentially bachelorette-like activities. Amenities were great, beds nice, and bath clean/updated. Would stay here again, although the price was outrageous.

It seems the young people only stayed here for a quick special occasion; the rest of the guests were older. I would only stay here again if it was warm outside to partake in the outdoor pool; otherwise I'd likely just stay at the Borgata.

Room Tip: We had a great room near the top overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank firebirdgirl
New Jersey
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

I spent the weekend here with 5 other women to celebrate one guests 50th. Rooms were extremely expensive. (clean but nothing special) There were two bath towels in each bathroom for two rooms which can accommodate 6. We called from one room for towels. Housekeeping said 'We can only send two towels per room'. Plus, we had to call twice, once from each phone!!! We had dinner at Izakaya (had a reservation). It was loud, which I can't really say I didn't expect in a Casino. We informed the waiter it was our friends 50th. She received a plate (empty, no cake, no cookie) with writing in Chocolate "Happy Birthday" and a candle! Wow, what an extravagance. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends