“Great hotel, but very expensive for the area.”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #3 of 50 Hotels in Atlantic City
Washington, DC
“Great hotel, but very expensive for the area.”
Reviewed January 29, 2013

We stayed here for a bachelorette weekend, so the girls definitely had a great time. Staff were extremely accommodating and patient, given the potentially bachelorette-like activities. Amenities were great, beds nice, and bath clean/updated. Would stay here again, although the price was outrageous.

It seems the young people only stayed here for a quick special occasion; the rest of the guests were older. I would only stay here again if it was warm outside to partake in the outdoor pool; otherwise I'd likely just stay at the Borgata.

Room Tip: We had a great room near the top overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled with friends
1 Thank firebirdgirl

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
New Jersey
Reviewed January 29, 2013

I spent the weekend here with 5 other women to celebrate one guests 50th. Rooms were extremely expensive. (clean but nothing special) There were two bath towels in each bathroom for two rooms which can accommodate 6. We called from one room for towels. Housekeeping said 'We can only send two towels per room'. Plus, we had to call twice, once from each phone!!! We had dinner at Izakaya (had a reservation). It was loud, which I can't really say I didn't expect in a Casino. We informed the waiter it was our friends 50th. She received a plate (empty, no cake, no cookie) with writing in Chocolate "Happy Birthday" and a candle! Wow, what an extravagance. I won't be staying there again.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Marlin33
Mitchellville, Maryland
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is my second time to stay. The main reason - its their swimming pools esp the Immersion pool up 32nd floor. One would ask who goes to Atlantic City in the dead of winter and not play in the casinos? Its this hotel's swimming pools and the spa.You can use the Immersion pool if you use their spa services.This hotel has a feeling of exclusiveness unlike the Borgata. As the second time around, I noticed that the place needs upkeeping. Some cushions are frayed, the leather pillows in the rooms are scratched.. The rooms can use some damp dusting on the edges.The shower head feels like rain and it needs a little figuring out how to use them The bathrobes were itchy. You need to bring bleach or hand sanitizer to clean the TV remote which was dirty.(this goes to any public place you stay anyway). The sheets are not that smooth and the bed is not as comfy. I just used the Sheraton hotels about 6 months ago and cannot help but compare. The Sheraton hotel beds are softer. I have a little problem with the check out. Its 11am or you' ll get extra charges. We had a spa service scheduled at 11am till 12pm. We asked for a late check out for at least 12:30pm but they were unable to do it (on a Monday morning).So what we did, we left our luggages at the Concierge instead of walking back and forth to the parking lot. One can take a shower in the spa area and dressed up from there. It would be customer friendly to grant a late check out since we were using their spa services anyway. It turned out good but at the back of my mind, something was not right. For all its worth, I could have easily have a 30 minute leeway.Some hotels have late check outs of 1pm. But rules are rules.The Immersion pool opens at 8 am, schedule your spa services at 10am, ask for an extension till 12 noon. This way you won't feel rushed.

Room Tip: Bring a bleach wipe or hand sanitizer. Clean the remote control with bleach.We were on the 24th floo...
2 Thank mariafrommaryland
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is probably one of the newest, one of the trendiest and one of the most luxurious hotel on the atlantic city strip. Its amenities are absolutely amazing, the rooms are very very nice, especially if you get an upgrade ;) The water club is part of the borgata hotel and casino, so you get a great night sleep along with the best gaming in town along with the best restaurants and the best club (murmur). I go here every single time when I go to atlantic city!!!

Room Tip: There are two sides to the hotel, If you want quiet reserve a room towards the marshlands if you wan...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
Annapolis, Maryland
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We think the Water Club is about the best in Atlantic City! Maybe not all the amenities are here like turn down service but with folks gaming at all hours and all that I can see why that would be difficult to implement. Our room was spacious and quiet. And nicely appointed. The king bed very comfortable and we got a good nite's sleep. Service was fast and always courteous. All guests going to hotel rooms pass a security point where rooms keys are shown. A good idea these days.
The Water Club would not be considered a "marina" hotel in our opinion. This hotel is not "on the sand" or part of a marina. Just an fyi.

Room Tip: We prefer an upper floor room. We chose to overlook the bayside and the "flats".
1 Thank LynnD21401
Norristown, Pennsylvania
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I reserved Vista room @ The Water Club to have some good time for our 12th anniversary. Price for Monday night was $215 ( 189 + taxes). We entered AC around 2 pm and saw signs for the water club. After taking exit, signs directed to the valet parking ($10) and surface parking ($5)(which was not labeled as self parking). I thought that valet parking will be optional but lady over told me that I can go ahead and exit valet parking. Great, I drove ahead but no signs point towards the surface parking. I drove on route 30 for about 4 miles made "u" turn and went to surface lot. Parking lot is big and has monitored entrance. Parking lot had few cars, I parked close to entrance. Entrance, has big glass doors and sign of "No Smoking". I really like it but as soon as entered in, welcomed with smokers and was difficult to breath and smelly. My wife and I walked thru casino floor to reception area. Reception area was nice and breathable air. I asked for highest floor and lady told me that the room I reserved is one on each 26 to 31st floors. I got room on 27th floor. The room was nice, and clean. Good carpet, glass windows showing views, nice bathroom, and expensive snack bar. Bed had blue bed sheet , leather cover pillows and regular pillows and ottoman. We took plenty of water after reading a review here.
The room had 40' LCD useless TV. As the room had no DVD player, I wanted to connect my laptop to watch our marriage DVD. I hooked up the cable, but could not share monitor so called front desk to hear that all ports are disabled. Clubs has a wide variety of food choices. We went to Starbucks.
At the casino level all the games ( non regular visitors) were min $5 to play and same games but different minimum bet. We went to AC about 10 years to a different casino which had a wide variety to games so that visitors can really enjoy playing games and fun loosing money without getting upset.
We had good view from room but other casinos were closer to Ocean and boardwalk so in future I will consider other staying options.
Fair price for the room is $ 90 - 110 (not $215 ) because no easy access to boardwalk, and limited entertaining games for folks who want to enjoy resort experience. Room Casino level should be more separated as smoking and non-smoking by glass or some high pressure air.

If you stay beyond 11 am they charge you half of the room price up to 3 pm buy they started knocking on our door from 10 am.

Overall good to stay inside the room and enjoy views not so good at casino level for non smokers.

Room Tip: We had corner room which is good and no issues from other rooms.
New York, NY
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good Value Upscale Marina Casino Hotel in Atlantic City. Rooms are well appointed for a Casino Hotel with good mattress's, seating and writing Desk
Hotel charges 9.95 a day for Internet and the refrigerator is a minibar with refreshments at a very high price
I was jolted out if my sleep at 3:00 am when the party in the next room decided to have people over and talk like they were in a club. Had to call hotel security who came and told the people to be quiet. I never received an apology from the hotel and had trouble getting back to sleep after this issue. Unlike 5 star hotels there is no turn down service or room slippers. As the housekeeping was spotty I brought a can of Lysol and sprayed all surfaces including the Television remote control and telephones. The casino is filled with smokers which makes it hard to breath at times and their is a terrific selection of restaurants

• Stayed January 2013