“Water Club, Atlantic City in the dead of winter”

The Water Club by Borgata
Ranked #4 of 49 Hotels in Atlantic City
Reviewed January 29, 2013

This is my second time to stay. The main reason - its their swimming pools esp the Immersion pool up 32nd floor. One would ask who goes to Atlantic City in the dead of winter and not play in the casinos? Its this hotel's swimming pools and the spa.You can use the Immersion pool if you use their spa services.This hotel has a feeling of exclusiveness unlike the Borgata. As the second time around, I noticed that the place needs upkeeping. Some cushions are frayed, the leather pillows in the rooms are scratched.. The rooms can use some damp dusting on the edges.The shower head feels like rain and it needs a little figuring out how to use them The bathrobes were itchy. You need to bring bleach or hand sanitizer to clean the TV remote which was dirty.(this goes to any public place you stay anyway). The sheets are not that smooth and the bed is not as comfy. I just used the Sheraton hotels about 6 months ago and cannot help but compare. The Sheraton hotel beds are softer. I have a little problem with the check out. Its 11am or you' ll get extra charges. We had a spa service scheduled at 11am till 12pm. We asked for a late check out for at least 12:30pm but they were unable to do it (on a Monday morning).So what we did, we left our luggages at the Concierge instead of walking back and forth to the parking lot. One can take a shower in the spa area and dressed up from there. It would be customer friendly to grant a late check out since we were using their spa services anyway. It turned out good but at the back of my mind, something was not right. For all its worth, I could have easily have a 30 minute leeway.Some hotels have late check outs of 1pm. But rules are rules.The Immersion pool opens at 8 am, schedule your spa services at 10am, ask for an extension till 12 noon. This way you won't feel rushed.

Room Tip: Bring a bleach wipe or hand sanitizer. Clean the remote control with bleach.We were on the 24th floo...
2  Thank mariafrommaryland
There are newer reviews for The Water Club by Borgata

Reviewed January 24, 2013

This is probably one of the newest, one of the trendiest and one of the most luxurious hotel on the atlantic city strip. Its amenities are absolutely amazing, the rooms are very very nice, especially if you get an upgrade ;) The water club is part of the borgata hotel and casino, so you get a great night sleep along with the best gaming in town along with the best restaurants and the best club (murmur). I go here every single time when I go to atlantic city!!!

Room Tip: There are two sides to the hotel, If you want quiet reserve a room towards the marshlands if you wan...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We think the Water Club is about the best in Atlantic City! Maybe not all the amenities are here like turn down service but with folks gaming at all hours and all that I can see why that would be difficult to implement. Our room was spacious and quiet. And nicely appointed. The king bed very comfortable and we got a good nite's sleep. Service was fast and always courteous. All guests going to hotel rooms pass a security point where rooms keys are shown. A good idea these days.
The Water Club would not be considered a "marina" hotel in our opinion. This hotel is not "on the sand" or part of a marina. Just an fyi.

Room Tip: We prefer an upper floor room. We chose to overlook the bayside and the "flats".
1  Thank LynnD21401
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I reserved Vista room @ The Water Club to have some good time for our 12th anniversary. Price for Monday night was $215 ( 189 + taxes). We entered AC around 2 pm and saw signs for the water club. After taking exit, signs directed to the valet parking ($10) and surface parking ($5)(which was not labeled as self parking). I thought that valet parking will be optional but lady over told me that I can go ahead and exit valet parking. Great, I drove ahead but no signs point towards the surface parking. I drove on route 30 for about 4 miles made "u" turn and went to surface lot. Parking lot is big and has monitored entrance. Parking lot had few cars, I parked close to entrance. Entrance, has big glass doors and sign of "No Smoking". I really like it but as soon as entered in, welcomed with smokers and was difficult to breath and smelly. My wife and I walked thru casino floor to reception area. Reception area was nice and breathable air. I asked for highest floor and lady told me that the room I reserved is one on each 26 to 31st floors. I got room on 27th floor. The room was nice, and clean. Good carpet, glass windows showing views, nice bathroom, and expensive snack bar. Bed had blue bed sheet , leather cover pillows and regular pillows and ottoman. We took plenty of water after reading a review here.
The room had 40' LCD useless TV. As the room had no DVD player, I wanted to connect my laptop to watch our marriage DVD. I hooked up the cable, but could not share monitor so called front desk to hear that all ports are disabled. Clubs has a wide variety of food choices. We went to Starbucks.
At the casino level all the games ( non regular visitors) were min $5 to play and same games but different minimum bet. We went to AC about 10 years to a different casino which had a wide variety to games so that visitors can really enjoy playing games and fun loosing money without getting upset.
We had good view from room but other casinos were closer to Ocean and boardwalk so in future I will consider other staying options.
Fair price for the room is $ 90 - 110 (not $215 ) because no easy access to boardwalk, and limited entertaining games for folks who want to enjoy resort experience. Room Casino level should be more separated as smoking and non-smoking by glass or some high pressure air.

If you stay beyond 11 am they charge you half of the room price up to 3 pm buy they started knocking on our door from 10 am.

Overall good to stay inside the room and enjoy views not so good at casino level for non smokers.

Room Tip: We had corner room which is good and no issues from other rooms.
Reviewed January 18, 2013

Good Value Upscale Marina Casino Hotel in Atlantic City. Rooms are well appointed for a Casino Hotel with good mattress's, seating and writing Desk
Hotel charges 9.95 a day for Internet and the refrigerator is a minibar with refreshments at a very high price
I was jolted out if my sleep at 3:00 am when the party in the next room decided to have people over and talk like they were in a club. Had to call hotel security who came and told the people to be quiet. I never received an apology from the hotel and had trouble getting back to sleep after this issue. Unlike 5 star hotels there is no turn down service or room slippers. As the housekeeping was spotty I brought a can of Lysol and sprayed all surfaces including the Television remote control and telephones. The casino is filled with smokers which makes it hard to breath at times and their is a terrific selection of restaurants

• Stayed: January 2013
1  Thank njnetsfan
Reviewed January 18, 2013

I had been wanting to stay at this hotel since it opened a few years ago. The pictures of the pools on their website looked beautiful and with some weekend per night prices of $400 and up, I assumed it would be amazing.

I was disappointed.

The rooms are modern and clean and the beds are very comfortable. I also really loved the double shower heads in the bathroom. My gripes are regarding certain expectations I have of a hotel charging so much money per night.

1. No bottled water is given to you in the room. If you want the bottle of water from the mini bar, it costs over $8. There are no soda machines or vending machines in the hotel so you have no other choice. It's $8 or tap water.

2. We were woken up early on our first morning by yelling/partying next door. We complained and were moved without an issue but were put next to a room of small children for a second night, which was also, not what I would call peaceful or spa like.

3. The pools close early. For a hotel that makes such a big deal about their pool, it should be open either 24 hours or AT LEAST later than 7PM. Oh, and the pool they show on their website with the beautiful view -- SORRY, you can only use it if you have a spa treatment or pay $35.

4. The gym? Yeah, that's going to cost you too.

5. We brought our laptop because we thought we might want to watch a DVD in the room and were going to hook it up to the TV. Except, they block you from doing that. Basically, you either pay $15 to rent a movie, or you don't watch one.

6. Internet? That will cost you too - upwards of $15 per 24 hours.

So -- yes, I liked the room. Yes, it was clean and comfortable. But when I'm paying this much to stay somewhere, I don't want to be "nickel and dimed" to use the pool, or drink some bottled water.

I'll be staying elsewhere in the future.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank JoelleeWellee
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We stayed in Atlantic city during Christmas. It was our first trip to AC, and we decided to go for what we thought would be the top in AC! Abviously I haven't stayed at any of the other hotels, so I can't really judge if the Water Club is the 'top', but it is a fantastic place.

Check-in was easy and fast and we even got our upgraded! The rooms was fantastic: wonderful view of AC and the coastline, a lot of space, an excellent bathroom (with seperate room for the toilet), and just impressive. It was all very clean with the exception of 1-2 hairs in the toilet space. We didn't complain and the next day they were gone. The bed was wonderful, so all in all the room itself had us already in a very good mood.

The Water CLub is part of The Borgata. This is where almost all restaurants are and also where the casino is. But it is only a very short walk through a hallway to get there. The casino is pretty large, with plenty of action for everyone!
There are a lot of restaurants, and we only used a few: the buffet and Metropolitan for breakfast and Wolfgang Puck American Grille and the Old Homestead Steakhouse fore dinner. while they are all excellent, the Homestead is something special. The steaks are HUGE, but the quality is definitely on par with the size of the steaks :-)

We did not use the Water Club Pool, so I can't judge on that.

All in all we had a great time in AC, and we thoroughly enjoyed the Water Club. When we come back to AC we will most definitely go back to the Water Club !

Room Tip: Ask for (or book) a corner room with views over Atlantic City: it's pretty spectacular!
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple