“French owner”

The Chelsea Pub and Inn
Amman, Jordan
“French owner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2013

The owner of this place is more than amazing !! She might one of the nicest people we have met in AC, we stayed there for a 2 weeks and she offered us a great price.
This is a pet friendly hotel so expect to see dogs around all the time, there is a 7/11 close by and a dunkin donuts, They also serve good Breakfast. There is also a patio to enjoy. Rooms are clean , beds are comfy, and bathrooms are big.

3 Thank ArabTowerHotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
AZ
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Chelsea Pub and Inn for two nights in March. I really loved it! If you want a generic chain hotel experience where every room looks the same, then this isn't for you. If you like unique and quirky old buildings, charmingly decorated main areas and each room clean and uniquely furnished, with crooked floors and twisty hallways, then you will love it here!

I really think this place is a gem. It's kind of hidden away, but the location is GREAT. It's right across the street from the Tropicana, and an easy walk to the boardwalk. There is also free onsite parking.

With your stay you get a delightful European type continental breakfast everyday- a variety of cold meats and cheeses, fresh fruit, pastries, bagels, yogurt, coffee, juices, etc. There was also a steam pan with scrambled eggs and sausage and bacon. The breakfast area was just as charming as the rest of the hotel- in a sunny room with beautiful live plants everywhere. Your plates and silverware are an eclectic collection of real dishes, etc -much nicer than using disposable!

One bonus with your stay is you get a coupon for a free drink at the attached pub. Which was pretty nice. Our bartender was cool and we met some fun folks. It bears mentioning that we didn't hear any noise from the pub in our room.

The only negative I can say is that the hot water was "touchy" in the shower, but not really a big deal for us.

With it's great location, free onsite parking, great rate and uniqueness, I would definitely stay here again and recommend it to my friends!

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank azblueagave
Wilmington, DE
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 25, 2013

I stayed at the Chelsea for one night on 2/22/13, a Friday night, in order to stay over after seeing a concert at the Boardwalk Hall (1/2 mile down the boardwalk). The hotel is across the street from the Tropicana and about 1 1/2 blocks from the boardwalk and beach. The B&B is an old, charming victorian home that sits over the Chelsea Pub. The pub is open 24/7. The room was small (think New York City small) but very clean, cozy and well furnished. The managers were all very nice and went out of their way to accommodate my friend and me. Check in and check out was easy and fast. There is on-site free parking. With the room, you get the parking, a free drink ticket for the pub and breakfast. On the weekends, breakfast includes eggs, sausage and bacon. The cost is reasonable, especially if you compare it to the casinos' prices.

The only downside was the pub crowd became loud under my room around 3:00AM. It was the smokers who were hanging out outside. The police came by and played their sirun and the crowd dispersed. When I asked the morning manager about that, she said it was unusual but next time I go (which I will) I can ask for a room "on the newer side".

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the "newer side" for more quiet, if they are available.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
4 Thank schlrn
Asbury, New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 22, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed at Chelsea Pub Inn for two nights last summer, we were celebrating his bday and we definitely made a good choice when we booked with them. We went in the peak of the Summer, so the price was affordable when compared to the big chain hotels around it. A short walk to the beach (1 block) and even shorter walk to the Tropicana (other side of the street) for shopping, dining, gambling. The building is old but it serves its purpose well, the french lady was really friendly and attentive. Great selection for breakfast (we had breakfast at the dock, so nice and relaxing) I loved it! Our room was on second floor, it was tidy clean with a comfortable bed (clean bathroom as well), the ac in the room was quite noisy but besides that this B&B really fulfilled my expectations. I certainly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank AnaWQ
Durham, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,132 helpful votes
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2012

Just spent a few days at the Chelsea Pub and Inn to take a break from life. Booking was easy over the phone and they accommodated our requests for room type. It is a pet friendly B&B and since we weren't taking our 2 dogs we asked for a room away from others with pets if possible. Other than seeing a couple of people bringing in their dogs we would never have known there were any there.
Drove down to Atlantic City from Toronto. The Chelsea was easy to find and it was much closer to the Boardwalk than it appeared on Google maps - 2 minute walk down 1 street. Easy checkin and the room was really great. Very comfortable bed, functional bathroom and an airconditioner that cooled the room and drowned out any street noise (never heard anything outside).
Breakfast was available from 9-11 each morning. Great selection, good food and a relaxing place to eat.
This is an old building that seems to have rooms coming off rooms coming off rooms. Great character and plenty of places, inside and out, to site and kick back. The Chelsea Pub is attached for convenience, also open 24hrs/day.
The B&B was locked up every night but guests have their own keys. The location is right across the street from The Tropicana.
This has just become our preferred destination in Atlantic City. Can't wait to go back.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
3 Thank chickandbeast
Santa Clara, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2012

It's a very old structure but was clean and well maintained. We arrived a little early so our room wasn't ready yet, but the innkeeper allowed us to leave our bags in the front office while we went out for lunch. Even though we returned half an hour after the official check in time, we still had to wait about fifteen minutes more. It actually didn't bother us that we had to wait just because the staff was so accommodating. The room itself (#4) was very cozy and very clean. The only quirk I noticed was that I think the bathroom shares a tank with one or more rooms so the water temperature fluctuated a lot while I showered. The breakfast was good and filling. It was nice that the breakfast room was very bright. We had a wonderful overall experience and would stay here again.

1 Thank lilacph
Fremont, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2012

It's a cozy and a romantic place to stay,it's so quirky.My husband and I stayed there during our honeymoon at the end of July. The Chelsea Pub & Inn was our favorite part of the trip. Customer service was great and made you feel at home. The beds are so comfortable! We absolutely loved the the decor also. The Pub is neat too,you get a complimentary drink card when you check in. I've seen people complaining about Dogs being allowed on here but we didn't hear any barking and the place was clean. It's really cool place to stay, I'm sure there's nothing like it.

Room Tip: Not giving away our favorite room! :) sorry.
1 Thank GypsieInformer